Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pimples That Just Won't Go Away

ugh ok so I like ALWAYS get "underground" pimples, and there's never of that white stuff showing to squeeze it out so I just put pimple cream on my pimples and after a week or so, they don't hurt anymore but there's still a bump there and it has been staying for MONTHS (yes months image) and when I try to like kinda poke a hole to squeeze out the stuff, it never all comes out and after I squeeze out a little a bunch of blood comes out. the skin gets all gross and stuff after that and there's STILL a bump there. How can get rid of these. image!!!

I've also been getting a bunch of tiny white bumps on my chin (like tens of them image). they don't hurt or anything, and the just randomly appear. how can I get rid of those?

Replies

• NotFromThisPlanetNotFromThisPlanet ★★★Milton Teagle Simmons★★★ 892 MOMONA ST, HONOLULU, HI 96820Posts: 3,211Friend of Soompi
    maybe, you should go to the dermatologist and they can get rid of it for you.
    picking at it is probably making it worse.
    Afterschool in the house! <3I <3 KJK, Hyori, H.O.T, Turbo, Utada, X-Japan, and many more!omgkpop
    SRC <3 DJs= Lyrakil K Kx3u Acid Morgan Freeman Yu Taeyang Ceejay Mr. Boo Boo Eva Solly Christine
  • achuachu A. Posts: 733Member

IDOL

dont squeeze those.
    i learned the hard way. a scar.
    just dont do it.
    the goo is really really deep and you need tons of force to squeeze it out. and with that force you'd probably cause some internal bleeding lol.
    dont squeeze it!
  • mineforkeeps.mineforkeeps. Vancouver, BCPosts: 1,153Member
    Trying to pop those "under the skin" pimples (I think they might be called nodules?) won't help at all. It'll most definitely cause scarring.

When I get those, I spot treat them with an SA product (I use Clean&Clear Advantage Spot Treatment) and it works pretty well. It either just goes away after a couple days/a week, or comes to a head. When it comes to a head, I use a needle to poke a hole, gentle push out the gunk, and then apply a BP product to it (I use PanOxyl 5% BP). If it's there for months like you said, you should probably consult your doctor or a dermatologist to get a prescription for something stronger than drugstore products.
  • kai-milkkai-milk Posts: 81Member
    QUOTE (babyleese @ Oct 13 2008, 12:39 AM) »
    Trying to pop those "under the skin" pimples (I think they might be called nodules?) won't help at all. It'll most definitely cause scarring.

When I get those, I spot treat them with an SA product (I use Clean&Clear Advantage Spot Treatment) and it works pretty well. It either just goes away after a couple days/a week, or comes to a head. When it comes to a head, I use a needle to poke a hole, gentle push out the gunk, and then apply a BP product to it (I use PanOxyl 5% BP). If it's there for months like you said, you should probably consult your doctor or a dermatologist to get a prescription for something stronger than drugstore products.

i don't pop those pimples
    but like you I use pimple spot treatment (neutrogena) and it doesn't do much for me
    after a week or so, the "bump" doesn't hurt anymore but there's still gunk in there image
  • soompiliciousssoompiliciouss california &lt;3Posts: 411Member
    i *think* i know what you're talking about it. it sounds like the gunk inside your pimples has hardened up (not like a rock, just thicker than normal white gunk). i think people will know what i'm talking about. just like the stuff that sometimes comes out of blackheads. i suggest you take a hot, looooong shower to steam your face and open your pores (30min+). after, try to gently squeeze around it to see if anything comes out. if not, i suggest you go to your derm lol. gl!
    QUOTE (kai-milk @ Oct 13 2008, 01:01 AM) »
    i don't pop those pimples
    but like you I use pimple spot treatment (neutrogena) and it doesn't do much for me
    after a week or so, the "bump" doesn't hurt anymore but there's still gunk in there image

After a week, when the bump doesn't hurt...is the pimple white (as in, has it come to a head)?
  • DoDamDoDam Posts: 288Member
    edited October 2008
    The white gunk might be referred to as pus.

Best thing is to see a dermatologist.

If that doesn't work, I'd try some products.
    I just a daily cleanser, Clearasil. I generally use that every morning and night. After that, I try not to touch my face or let anything touch my face. Due to oil and whatnot.

Don't pop your pimples, unless the pimple is REALLY white.

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Get-Rid-o...al&id=55631

^
    Read this article.
  • kai-milkkai-milk Posts: 81Member
    QUOTE (babyleese @ Oct 13 2008, 02:00 AM) »
    After a week, when the bump doesn't hurt...is the pimple white (as in, has it come to a head)?

no >_< it's just like a bump on my nose
    it stays there foreverrrr
  • moshimomoshimo o ?ekil yani. Posts: 593Friend of Soompi
    edited October 2008
    omg i know EXACTLY what you mean.
    i had the same kind of pimple on the nose a few years ago. it stayed there for MONTHS. it was pretty frustrating since it didn't hurt or never formed the white head pimples usually have. it was really just there (looking gross).
    so i went to the dermatologist and she said i would have never been able to pop it on my own lol. she made a cut right on the pimple and what she took out was really a hard ball of all the gunk that had been in there for so long. eww =/
    oh and, it did scar. but it faded a few months after, thank god (:
    QUOTE (kai-milk @ Oct 13 2008, 02:24 AM) »
    no >_< it's just like a bump on my nose
    it stays there foreverrrr

I would go see a doctor/dermatologist to get it treated then. I'm not sure if it's for your type of acne, but I remember reading somewhere that sometimes they give shots (cortisone shots) to get rid of certain types of pimples.

Good luck!
  • lvff_lvff_ it's so cute ? Posts: 1,194Member
    edited October 2008
    yeahh i know what you mean. i think either way it has to be cut open, cause there's no "head" to pop, its just sealed in there..its not an active pimple. whatever you do to the outside (cleanser, scrub, mask, spot treatment) will be ineffective. so go to your derm. they will probably inject or cut it open.
    still sitting on a shelf and never,
    never seen the sunshine brighter
    and it feels like me, on a good day ♪
  • LunaDivinerLunaDiviner Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 2,905Member
    Yeah, I have one right now. Between my eyes, though it's not really visible. Some pus came out today after months, so yay for progressing.

I'm hoping someone will mention a magical cure too. Don't want to wait another 6 months. ==;

• VidaliaVidalia Posts: 560Member
    You gotta experiment around with different cleanser's, I was juggling around with new cleansers around every 1-2 weeks trying to find one that works best with my skin and acne finally I found Cetaphil and I've been acne free for over 3 months. Plus i recommend only using a limited amount of cleanser's using more wash's won't get rid of your acne faster but it will just irritate and dry out your skin. If you desperate to pop a pimple make sure it's only whiteheads, of course forcing something that's not ready to come out is gonna cause scarring which is 10x worst then a pimple
    T.O.P's voice is sex for the ears.
  • TammyHoangTammyHoang Posts: 151Member
    Dab some AHA on it :] Whenever I get a pimple I use "Walgreen's Alpha Hydroxy Cream" and put it on the pimple. It shrinks the next day.
    But I've never had what you had though. Maybe try and see? Or Go see a dermotologist to help you treat it.
    L I V E A L I T T L E
    you cant be old and wise if you
    were never young &+ crazy

T A M M Y H O A N G*
  • CorruptedSilence__nomoreCorruptedSilence__nomore TherePosts: 1,328Member
    I've been drinking Chrysanthemum Tea because I heard it helps with the acne.
    It tastes good and I can say it has been helping me image
  • tlydiatlydia Posts: 1,320Member
    QUOTE (NotFromThisPlanet @ Oct 13 2008, 01:50 AM) »
    maybe, you should go to the dermatologist and they can get rid of it for you.
    picking at it is probably making it worse.

Agreed. Our fingers carry so much germs and bacteria, by picking your pimples, you can make it worse. image Most likely, if you do go see a derm, he/she will prescribe you some type of antibiotics. image
  • KiwiLOVEKiwiLOVE Posts: 34Member
    1)Never touch your pimples.
    2)Get lots of sleep, the more the better.
    3)Exercise
    4)Lemon! Before you go to sleep get a slice of lemon and use it on your face image
    (it worked for me image)
  • KTZ811KTZ811 The 8o8 State, yo&#33;Posts: 715Member
    UGH I just got a pimple on my nose! DON"T POP IT. I learned m,y lesson from my first pimple on my nose. It scarred reeal bad and proactive didn't help it at all either. It's been a week now and it's still here!! Then, I grew another oneon my cheeks. I hate it, I truly envy flawless people >:[
    "In this world, love is more hungered for than bread."
  • MelitusMelitus A+ canadaPosts: 2,081Member
    It's an inflammed sebaceous gland or Follicitis.
    Sebum = aka the causes of 90% of acne are blocked. When you squeeze your "bump" either blood or a clear liquid should comes out. No sign of visable pus, however there ARE pus, deep inside. You need to cut through some layer of skin to get there, a dermatogist should do this and inject a cortisone shot.

I have three, I managed to squeeze through one of it. Inside there are like 2-3 little minsicular pus like structure.
    Mine has just started healing, and looking a lot better. When popping correctly, you can increase the healing process.
    se sono rose fioriranno
  • c.to_c.to_ Ontario, CanadaPosts: 1,108Member
    Go to the dermatologist. It's worth it
    Don't try to pop it. it'll irritate it and possible make it even worse. When the blood comes out it could spread the bacteria around and cause you to break out even more.
    Let the beat rock.
    beauty blog :) tumblr!