Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toe Ring Which Helps To Lose Weight

lirongglirongg lirongPosts: 37Member
does it really work?

Description: To help reduce weight! No side effects! This item has one of the highest volumes of sales in Japan. Able to be used repeatedly without any negative effects. The 2 magnets emit 1,100 Gauss's magnetic force to stimulate the acupuncture points which activates the areas normally not used in walking and improves muscles sagging!

Instructions: Wear it on the big toes everyday. If any discomfort is felt or it causes blueblack,kindly stop using. Wash and clean with water.

the above is what i saw on net , just wondering if anyone had tried those toe rings before ? does it really work ?
imageimage

Replies

• ilolatyouilolatyou --Posts: 16Member
    wow. it looks really... unbelievable image
  • MakaveliMakaveli The Animal The GymPosts: 1,409Member
    Looks like just another trend. Probably wont work.
    Completely illogical.
    "You have to do what others won't, to achieve what others don't" ~ Iron Mike Tyson

• huongfacehuongface Posts: 1,099Member
    It doesn't look believable at all.
    image image
  • smiilesmiile ?????? quahog rd islandPosts: 2,884Member
    edited October 2008
    not only does it make people lose weight, but they also cure cancer, prevent global warming, and promote economic growth.
    Watching: Project runway, Gossip Girl
  • kuroimisakuroimisa Wizard of Darkness SydneyPosts: 942Member
    Well seriously speaking, it's not possible to cause magnetic fields to press certain pressure points. Think about it - a child is of different proportions to an adult - every one is different, therefore it's not possible to hit the same pressure points when they change on every body. It may work like that and work for those average/ popular group of people the rings were designed for BUT-

Magnets increase and help blood circulation (because it draws the iron around). This could sort of give an effect like you're walking or doing moderate exercise - or at least doing MORE activity than what you're actually doing since you're well, maybe stationary let's say.

I wear these rings. While they're not really something I'd rely on to lose weight, they're very good at controlling weight - in my case anyway. I mostly wear it because I sit down a lot since I need to do a lot of drawing, and my legs get numb. In fact you probably know, magnets help if you place them on a sore spot on the body.

The bottomline is, it's no substitute for exercise.

Do they work? Yes by circulating blood.
    Do they help weight loss? Probably not because it's too far fetched and it's not clear on the human model they designed it for (I mean, a larger person would need larger magnets, wouldn't that be the case?)
    miketsu blog:my personal blog
    C&M Shop:sweet fashion finds; ACSRAD's and my fashion online shop
  • kineinkinein single asian and fit ~ weeEeeeEeEe Orange County, LAPosts: 2,056Moderator

edited October 2008
    Stop being lazy ~ people that look for gimmicks are looking for a EASY way.

A great body only comes from commitment, dedication, application, learning, trial & error, nutrition, cardio+resistance training, and rest.

I can't take you seriously. People like you are looking for a cup of EPIC FAIL. But... never fear.. did you know..

• bekii_17bekii_17 paramatta, sydney, AUStraliaPosts: 118Member
    i think it just looks like a fun toy. wont possibly work haha
    Rαιήβεrrιι ××
    ^^ visit my shop! (click on the link above) =)

♪ Sterling Silver 925contact lens case ♪ hair strand clips ♪ double eyelid glueaustralian seller
  • AzuraAzura *MINOZ'S ANGEL* Sarang 이민호 Flower Land...Posts: 17,520Friend of Soompi

IDOL

its cool but i dont think it will work
    imageimage

thanks beth for the siggy....Met Minho in Seoul 21 June 2009.
  • lirongglirongg lirong Posts: 37Member
    edited October 2008
    QUOTE (kinein @ Oct 11 2008, 03:10 AM) »
    Stop being lazy ~ people that look for gimmicks are looking for a EASY way.

A great body only comes from commitment, dedication, application, learning, trial & error, nutrition, cardio+resistance training, and rest.

I can't take you seriously. People like you are looking for a cup of EPIC FAIL. But... never fear.. did you know..

well, i dont really get what u meant, i was only curious abt this product that i saw online and that's the reason i made this topic.
    but i guess u should check ur tone before posting any replies so as to not Richard Simmons anyone off.
    anyways , thanks for ur commends.

QUOTE (kuroimisa @ Oct 10 2008, 11:45 PM) »
    Well seriously speaking, it's not possible to cause magnetic fields to press certain pressure points. Think about it - a child is of different proportions to an adult - every one is different, therefore it's not possible to hit the same pressure points when they change on every body. It may work like that and work for those average/ popular group of people the rings were designed for BUT-

Magnets increase and help blood circulation (because it draws the iron around). This could sort of give an effect like you're walking or doing moderate exercise - or at least doing MORE activity than what you're actually doing since you're well, maybe stationary let's say.

I wear these rings. While they're not really something I'd rely on to lose weight, they're very good at controlling weight - in my case anyway. I mostly wear it because I sit down a lot since I need to do a lot of drawing, and my legs get numb. In fact you probably know, magnets help if you place them on a sore spot on the body.

The bottomline is, it's no substitute for exercise.

Do they work? Yes by circulating blood.
    Do they help weight loss? Probably not because it's too far fetched and it's not clear on the human model they designed it for (I mean, a larger person would need larger magnets, wouldn't that be the case?)

yup, totally agree abt the bottom line u made and really thanks for all that u've shared.

and i read all ur replies, so thanks!
    imageimage
  • teabiscuit_teabiscuit_ Posts: 44New Member
    stupidest thing i've ever seen. i'll just stick with trying to eat right and exercising three times a week, thanks. image

• lurvingulurvingu Posts: 152Member
    Hmm... It doesnt seems to make sense
    but no harm trying as there is no side effects