[drama 2009] Tamra, The Island - 탐나는 도다

Guest kangki

[MBC] Seo Woo, Im Joo Hwan, Pierre Deporte, Lee Sun Ho

MBC : Tamra, The Island - 탐나는 도다

xjtolc9wtvdr.jpg

1227744428101wh4.jpg

The drama is based on a manhwa with the same title. It is set in the 17th century.

.....William’s mother is now tired of his fantasies and dreams of traveling to the east. He is in danger of getting married and never being able to see the wonders of the world! Through his friend Yan’s help, he sneaks on to a Dutch ship that’s heading for Nagasaki, Japan… But he doesn’t even know how long it will take to get there. Then, the ship hits a storm and William, trapped in his hiding place, is thrown overboard. He wakes up to find a girl with curious eyes standing over him.

Episodes : 21

Broadcast network : MBC

Broadcast period : 8 August 2009

Air time: Saturday & Sunday at 19:55 Korea Time

Original writing : Jung Hye Na

Screenwriter : Shin Jae Won (신재원), Lee Ji Hyang (이지향), Choi Yi Rang (최이랑)

Production company : Group Eight

Director : Yoon Sang Ho (윤상호)

Cast

서우 / Seo Woo as Jang Beo Jin

cast1o.jpg

임주환 / Im Ju Hwan as Park Kyu

cast2z.jpg

황찬빈 /Pierre Deporte as William J. Spencer

cast3.jpg

이승민 /Lee Sueng Min as Seo Rin

cast4.jpg

이선호 / Lee Sun Ho as Yan Kawamura

cast5.jpg

54698163.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds interesting and I like the manhwa too. Suh Woo certainly looks the part but Pierre Deporte looks way younger than what I imagined the male lead would be.

huhhhh main guy cast is a nonkorean? doesnt happen too often..

Sounds interesting and I like the manhwa too. Suh Woo certainly looks the part but Pierre Deporte looks way younger than what I imagined the male lead would be.

yes, especially in a period drama set in the 17th century but should be bec the story calls for it, lends some fantasy to it (a foreigner washed to shore of Jeju bec of shipwreck ?)

He has a baby face, supposed to be 23 years old.

• 2 months later...
Guest sveta21
:( Why dont' i ever see a nonkorean caucasian girl cast in drama? :( very unfair... can't wait for this drama to be over already... ya nadeus shto nikogda nibydyt angliskih sybtitrax.

Guest Happy_Day

OMG COOL!!!!!!!! 17th century - love between Korean and Caucasian? Shipwrecked together? Very original for a D-drama.

The girl is gorgeous.. The guy doesn't look too appealing, but maybe he'll grow on me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tobemist

I think the concept is really interesting but somehow there's not much excitement here... maybe because all the cast are not very well known... ^^ Wonder how this will compare in terms production to another Group Eight project, the much anticipated Boys Over Flowers... :) I'm going to watch both... :D

2008112710294397870_103212_0.jpg

2008112709460647794_101212_1.jpg

2008112709460647794_101212_2.jpg

2008112709460647794_101212_0.jpg

credit as tagged.

I'm kind of interested. Though I don't know the casts, I think I'll watch this more than the other shows shown during this time. What network will air this again?

The concept is fresh and the story too.

Guest winwetty

2008112709070127533_091812_0.jpg

looking at this picture...looks like some kind of Pocahontas storyline in korean versi...? :D

and who is Pierre Deporte?

is anyone have his biodata to share...? i'm really abit curious with this guy.. :unsure:

Guest lisante

and who is Pierre Deporte?

He is a French model. He can speak Korean quite well. But wasn't the William character was British?

Seo Woo was great in Crush and Blush.

• 1 month later...

Archived