Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Eyes Are Getting Smaller And Smaller.....

babyN_xxsbabyN_xxs Posts: 990Member
edited September 2008 in fitness & sports
whats wrong with me =(
So... i use to have big eyes.... really round eyes and looking at pictures and stuff i notice my eye shape is becoming more small from last year.

My bf commented on it too!... so there definately must be some sort of change.. i googled something and i found a girl who had the EXACT same problem as me!! the only thing is im 2 yrs younger... from teens to adults does the eye tend to normally go smaller?

Why when I look in the mirror- my eyes seem to be smaller than they were last year and they don't seem to be as attractive as they were before? Do women's eyes get smaller as they age? Since last May- I began to lose the elastic of my skin. I notice my skin is looser and not firm like it was before. My skin and flesh in my arms and legs has begun to get a bit saggy last May. It's a bit loose now and not as firm as it was before. And no- I didn't gain any weight. I'm not fat. I think this is a sign of aging. I'm 24 by the way.

PLEASEE can anyone help? ..... image

Replies

• kineinkinein single asian and fit ~ weeEeeeEeEe Orange County, LAPosts: 2,055Moderator

QUOTE (babyN_xxs @ Sep 4 2008, 03:18 AM) »
    So... i use to have big eyes.... really round eyes and looking at pictures and stuff i notice my eye shape is becoming more small from last year.

My bf commented on it too!... so there definately must be some sort of change.. i googled something and i found a girl who had the EXACT same problem as me!! the only thing is im 2 yrs younger... from teens to adults does the eye tend to normally go smaller?

Are you gaining weight..?
  • babyN_xxsbabyN_xxs Posts: 990Member
    im not gaining weight, im skinny-average.. ive always been like this so i dunno why my eyes are shrinking.
  • o0ohenryo0oo0ohenryo0o ^______^ Middle of NowherePosts: 431Member
    Aren't your eyes the only thing on your body that doesn't go through a growing phase? I thought they stayed the same. I dunno, but:

Maybe you're just paranoid? Show a picture or two? Before and after. o.O

I noticed my eyes got a double lid when I was around 10 years old, but that's just me. :x
  • sircesirce Posts: 498Member
    QUOTE (o0ohenryo0o @ Sep 4 2008, 12:30 PM) »
    Aren't your eyes the only thing on your body that doesn't go through a growing phase? I thought they stayed the same. I dunno, but:

Yeah, I (vaguely) remember that too. It's why little children always seem to have such big eyes. But it's just that people's bodies grow up, but their eyes stay the same size.
  • petrinepetrine petrine SingaporePosts: 779Member
    edited September 2008
    baby=smaller head
    adult=bigger head

when you have bigger head, big eyes tend to look small as well
    BLOG AT http://laoniangdotsg.blogspot.com/
    SHOP MEN'S APPARELS AT THEFAPTAG
  • witcherywitchery ailurophile Sydney~Posts: 5,008Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

Lol yeah. Your face and head are growing in size, so your eyes look smaller in proportion.
    BLOG // YOUTUBE // INSTAGRAM // LOOKBOOK //  FACEBOOK // TWITTER

But why would my eyes look more (SOrryy ahh i have to use this word *dont worry im ASIAN*) "chinkier?* like slant eyes..

when for example 2 years ago.. they were like ayumi hamasaki eyes.. (well not big double eyelids but really wide and round)

i know when your a baby and adult the head grows etc..

but i mean can 2 yrs really change someone's eye ?

Cuz seriously.. its frusterating too put on makeup nowadays its making me sad.
  • ~ BunnyliciouS ~~ BunnyliciouS ~ Mum OregonPosts: 26,346Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

edited September 2008
    Yah, I guess because you're aging.

your body continues growing and aging , but your eyeballs size stays the same.

That's why babies have those big "uhljjang" eyes, but as those kids grow older, their eyes aren't as big and round anymore,
    because their head/face size grows bigger, but the eyeballs size stays the same.

as you grow older, gravity is not your friend anymore, every part of your body will be saggier and flabbier, unless you work out regularly so that your body stays toned/firmed... or get plastic surgery. And you will depend on makeup and skin care products more to slow down aging.

so yeah, we're pretty much screwed, unless there's a fountain of youth somewhere. image

• ChanellasChanellas Commander-in-chief of my pimp ship flyin high ? Posts: 2,633Member
    Do you feel more tired/stressed?
    D:
  • chopstick^^chopstick^^ Posts: 1,414Member
    maybe its lack of sleep?...

i have a really big eyelid.. and it makes my eyes looks droopy.. i was told it developed so huge becase of lack of sleep..

i used to have thin eyelid, but not so thin.. but now its massive..

try put cucumber in your eyes... eat more iron.. its good for ur eyes, and grapes.. shuld ask ur phamasist wot is good for the eyes..
  • Honey.beeHoney.bee ? beepPosts: 6,094Member
    I think it's because while your facial feautures are exploring new experiences while aging, your face is developing to grow bigger while your eyes just stay still. Maybe that's why your eyes looks small.
    twitter
  • SusqSusq Posts: 90Member
    do you wear glasses? I felt like my eyes were shrinking when i was wearing glasses, but when i got contacts my eyes don't seem as small anymore.
  • JamilaJamila GeorgiaPosts: 1,059Member
    I thought that was happening to me also, but since then my eyes seem alot bigger..O.O
    the difference is I lost weight..so, have you gained more weight than before? having a bigger face/ head can make your eyes look smaller
    "I blew into that balloon called the 'ego' now it's time to deflate it...I won't pop it but it sure as hell won't be as full."- Jamila

image 411

Myspace
  • ZWDZWD Posts: 1,652Member
    Don't spend so much time in front of a computer screen.

It wrecks your eyesight and trust me, it'll affect ur eyes physically by making them smaller.

• kineinkinein single asian and fit ~ weeEeeeEeEe Orange County, LAPosts: 2,055Moderator

hahaha, HEY CHINKY EYES ARE HOT. ~ omg.. Some kids! Still growing ~ in state of change.. RAWR. I refuse to participate in this thread anymore! lol.
    QUOTE (ZWD @ Sep 5 2008, 01:29 PM) »
    Don't spend so much time in front of a computer screen.

It wrecks your eyesight and trust me, it'll affect ur eyes physically by making them smaller.

OHHHH ok... it MIGHT be that then... maybe cuz i lack sleep compared to last yr..and i stare at the computer sooo much

And guys.. my head did not get bigger LOL my head is smaller compared to when i had babyphat.

BTW.. im wondering if rubbing my eyes too much made them smaller?

Possible?
  • smiilesmiile ?????? quahog rd islandPosts: 2,884Member
    edited September 2008
    QUOTE (babyN_xxs @ Sep 4 2008, 08:15 PM) »
    OHHHH ok... it MIGHT be that then... maybe cuz i lack sleep compared to last yr..and i stare at the computer sooo much

And guys.. my head did not get bigger LOL my head is smaller compared to when i had babyphat.

BTW.. im wondering if rubbing my eyes too much made them smaller?

Possible?

rubbing your eyes causes your delicate skin around your eyes to get saggy, so dont rub them too much and put eyecream.
    so possibly the saggy skin may make your eyes appear smaller. (though you cant actually see the sag)

i wore eyecream since 13. its never too early or late to wear it.
    Watching: Project runway, Gossip Girl
  • ChojoChojo Posts: 108Member
    QUOTE (babyN_xxs @ Sep 4 2008, 12:49 PM) »
    But why would my eyes look more (SOrryy ahh i have to use this word *dont worry im ASIAN*) "chinkier?* like slant eyes..

when for example 2 years ago.. they were like ayumi hamasaki eyes.. (well not big double eyelids but really wide and round)

i know when your a baby and adult the head grows etc..

but i mean can 2 yrs really change someone's eye ?

Cuz seriously.. its frusterating too put on makeup nowadays its making me sad.

Ayumi Hamasaki eyes??

geez Hmm okay post some before and after pictures of 2 years ago and now so we can actually tell you if you really did change that much or not... from "Ayumi Hamasaki" eyes to "chinky" eyes... lol
  • xDitslanxDitslan Crazy TownPosts: 427Member
    maybe you aren't getting enough sleep. your skin tightens when your sleep or so i've read on soompi. o.O
  • towetowe Posts: 4Member
    edited September 2008
    QUOTE (babyN_xxs @ Sep 4 2008, 02:18 AM) »

its weird......i have some problems too.....i used to have double eyelids............and after for somewhile, it grew out of it....now my left eye have double eyelids and its huge.........my right eye have no eyelids and its slightly smaller........