Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Often Do You Use Face Mask?

baby.lovebaby.love right here.Posts: 38Member
is it bad to "over-use" it?
Like the title says, how often do you use face masks?? My friend said its bad to use it too much if youre young because it will lose its effective-ness when you get older.

I use mine about twice a month because im afraid it will be too harsh on my skin. What about you guys? and if so, what kinds of masks do you use for your skin type?

Replies

• Carmen.Carmen. Posts: 4,424Member
    I use mine every other day because all my pores are clogged and I've got oily skin. Haha.

If you do it a lot, it could be really harsh, especially if you're skin is sensitive.

And for me, I use Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque.
  • bebexdesirebebexdesire CanadaPosts: 71Member
    i use mine every 2 weeks , cause my cousin told me using it too much
    isnt good for your skin ? but she never told me why ><"

and i use PureDerm green tea essence or the brightening mask
    green tea to tighten up my pores , and brightening mask to give my skin a healthy glow
    it always leaves my face soft and smooth , and it says this brand has whitening effects too
    - - - - - - -
    there's always sunshine after the rain
  • baby.lovebaby.love right here.Posts: 38Member
    @Carmen: Is the mint julep mask good for acne too? My skins not too sensitive, its like combination/acne-prone.

@bebe: Yeah im not sure why its so bad either =/ but i sure hope its not really because it will lose effective-ness ><! That green tea mask sounds like it would be good~ im using a green tea mask too, but i havent used it enough to know how effective it is yet~~

I forgot to write it in my original post, im currently using this make: NARIS UP Natural Facial Pack (Green Tea Extract + AHA) its a japanese brand. I like it and it makes my skin really smooth afterwards. Maybe its because its a peel-off type, so it peels away all the dead skin??
  • alicimooalicimoo o>_____<o BostonPosts: 5,852Friend of Soompi

IDOL

edited August 2008
    I use mine like......twice a year. xD

The reason you shouldn't use it very much is because it's kind of harsh and dries out your skin (well...depending on what kind of mask you have). I believe you can use it once a week.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask is pretty good, but I find it a bit harsh. It really really cleans my skin, but it leaves it really dry. Like my face feels really tight after I use it, so I put on a light moisturizer after using it.
  • baby.lovebaby.love right here.Posts: 38Member
    QUOTE (alicimoo @ Aug 29 2008, 10:54 PM) »
    I use mine like......twice a year. xD

The reason you shouldn't use it very much is because it's kind of harsh and dries out your skin (well...depending on what kind of mask you have). I believe you can use it once a week.

Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask is pretty good, but I find it a bit harsh. It really really cleans my skin, but it leaves it really dry. Like my face feels really tight after I use it, so I put on a light moisturizer after using it.

Wow! twice a year! i thought i read that wrong at first XD haha
    I dont think i could go so long without it..

I was kind of looking forward to getting the mint julep mask, but if its drying then i definitely must reconsider :X If my skin is too dry, my face will produce even more oil and then ill get more pimples x.x!
  • heartdropsheartdrops yooruce willis. Posts: 7,052Friend of Soompi
    If you're using Queen Helen Mint Julep Mask, I suggest not to use it THAT often. The first time I used it, it gave me dry, peeling patches on my face so I got scared to use it afterward :x But I used it again after a long while and I'm fine with it now. Just don't use it that much since it is drying.

I use an aspirin mask everyday though since it's the summer and I have nothing else to do hahas. It's not drying to me and really helps with my pimples (:
    人生不管在多困難的時候都可以完成最動人的樂章
  • missM.missM. Posts: 1,330Member
    edited August 2008
    Two masks i normally use is the skinfood rice mask wash off and Lush's Catastrophe cosmetic.
    I use the rice mask every 2 weeks for moisture and Lush twice a week because it keeps my breakouts and redness down.
    i don't think its good for your skin if u use masks more then 2+ a week, thats just my opinion though
  • -- CRYSTAL.-- CRYSTAL. Posts: 448Member
    QUOTE (heartmonster @ Aug 29 2008, 11:01 PM) »
    If you're using Queen Helen Mint Julep Mask, I suggest not to use it THAT often. The first time I used it, it gave me dry, peeling patches on my face so I got scared to use it afterward :x But I used it again after a long while and I'm fine with it now. Just don't use it that much since it is drying.

I use an aspirin mask everyday though since it's the summer and I have nothing else to do hahas. It's not drying to me and really helps with my pimples (:

you shouldn't use an aspirin mask every day because your skin absorbs it and it goes into your blood stream so it's like popping a few pills a day.
    you only wish.
  • chimerical.chimerical. NOMNOMNOM 626Posts: 1,780Friend of Soompi
    I use masks about 2 times a week. It could be too drying if you use it too much.
  • apollineapolline Posts: 537Banned
    using masks before ur 18 or so ages the skin i've been told
    not sure tho but i guess it means everyday and abrasive ones

wow i tried the skinfood rice mask wen i was in hk and it sucked so bad loll

question- does the queen helene mask get rid of blackheads/whiteheads?
  • meeyumeeyu Posts: 1,552Member
    i use my face mask like once a year >_________< or if im getting ready for a REALLY SPECIAL EVENT image haha
  • jennjenn Posts: 798Member
    i guess if you use the green/clay/mud masks too much... they probably just dry out your skin.
    if you want to use mask often or afraid it might be too harsh... there's also hydrating masks with vitamins. they're supposed to give skin nourishment and keep it from drying out. can't imagine how that'd be bad to use often. o_o
    i usually use a mask 1-2 times a week. but i like to put it on before i go to sleep and keep it on til next morning. 30 min does nothing for my skin. keeping it overnight... i can really tell my pores get smaller and cleaner.
    for more picture posts, look up my social media sites:
    instagram.com/jnndigest
    pinterest.com/monokuro124
  • lvff_lvff_ it's so cute ? Posts: 1,194Member
    edited August 2008
    i use glacial marine mud every 2 days. i have oily skin and my representative said to use it that much. image
    still sitting on a shelf and never,
    never seen the sunshine brighter
    and it feels like me, on a good day ♪
  • bitter SOOweetbitter SOOweet ??? ???? NOVAPosts: 5,497Member

IDOL

once a week if i have the time.
    otherwise, once every two weeks.
  • vintageballadvintageballad Posts: 2,687Member
    I use Missha's yogurt peel-off mask every other other day, or sometimes once a week. image
  • chitahchitah USAPosts: 2,281Member
    i use that mint julep masque too! i LOVE it. i use it like maybe once a week? iono, it kinda burns when i put it on, but afterwards my skin is so smooth and nice. and the product is only liek 3 bucks! <33
  • babyxshhbabyxshh Posts: 1,721Member
    i have a ton of korean face masks that my family bought for me when they went to korea.
    i dont use it that often though. but they make my face all soft. ;]
    My 411 <3 visit me :)

Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known.-- Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk

Don’t let what you’ve been through, prevent you from getting through. This to shall pass, be strong…hold on.
  • insanityyinsanityy CanadaPosts: 390Member
    i use to use it every week, then
    it became every 2 weeks
    and now I'm making it once a month image
    I use mint julep too image
  • deppstardeppstar SingaporePosts: 3,375Member
    edited August 2008
    It depends. Sometimes I don't do at all If I am hardworking, I do like 3 times a week.

1) peel mask to get rid of black heads and white heads
    2) deep cleansing mask to get rid of impurities and tightens pores
    3) hydrating mask to restore moisture back to the skin

usually I do 1) and 2) together, then 3) the next night.
  • chocolatiechocolatie BostonPosts: 21Member
    edited August 2008
    I usually alternate between the Black Sesame Hot Mask from skinfood, the Water Sleeping Pack from laneige, and the Detox Mask from boscia.

detox mask- 2 times a week
    black sesame-once every other week
    water sleeping pack- every other day

Masks are really helpful but don't forget to exfoliate,hydrate,&cleanse! image