Black Dot On Laptop's Screen

Guest cHenz--

Guest cHenz--

LCD problem?
Hi guys..

So basically when I tried to turn on my laptop today, some black dot appeared on the bottom of the screen. I though it was a dirt, but when I tried to remove it, it turned out that that black dot is actually shown from the screen.

Right now, I have one really bold (yet small) in the bottom of the screen, and around 2 in the left side of the screen (really light and small), and one in the middle of the screen (really light and small). For now, it doesn't bother me at all..

But, my question is.. will it get any bigger, or maybe spread out?

Is it the LCD problem?

Update:

I forgot to mention that I used Sony Vaio VGN-SZ230P for almost two years.

Also.. what does it mean by "Sony's dead pixel policy"?

Guest cHenz--

dead pixellllllllllllll

how long have you been using your laptop

lcd's shouldnt dot out quickly

I've been using mine for about... almost 2 years in a week :P

Do you think it will spread out?

If it only just happened you can softly massage the area with some sort of cloth, the colour may come back. It's unlikely though.

I think dead pixels are inevitable. You only worry when its a whole row or column that turns like.. RED... -_-;; had a laptop like that... first a row of red then it grew in the end it was like 1/4" wide haha

Archived