Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

B B Cream Aka Blemish Balm #2~ Hottest Foundation Trend In Asia [last Update: 25Apr10

Replies

• heartdropsheartdrops yooruce willis. Posts: 7,052Friend of Soompi
    ^ Seriously? In all BB creams or on certain ones?
    人生不管在多困難的時候都可以完成最動人的樂章
  • s0y0un*s0y0un* ^^? across the universe;;Posts: 3,013Friend of Soompi
    i sometimes use my moms hanskin but its so light on me it loosk so noticable
    and ive been reading about missha #23, does anyone have a pic they can share with it on?
    Infinite ♥
  • InconnuInconnu Posts: 6,512Member

IDOL

QUOTE (fatcupoftea @ Apr 10 2009, 07:27 PM) »
    Just thought I'd share this information.

Not to discourage anyone from using bb cream (I've been using bb cream for the past year now), but recently my mom told me there was a newspaper article about how there is asbestos in Korean bb creams which are toxic and known to cause lung cancer.

Which ones are they talking about? image
  • MillouMillou Posts: 1,695Member

ROOKIE

QUOTE (fatcupoftea @ Apr 11 2009, 01:27 AM) »
    Just thought I'd share this information.

Not to discourage anyone from using bb cream (I've been using bb cream for the past year now), but recently my mom told me there was a newspaper article about how there is asbestos in Korean bb creams which are toxic and known to cause lung cancer.

yes, which one are they talking about? Is it in all BB creams or just certain ones?
  • JnnJnn The only thing constant in life is change. CananananadaPosts: 5,013Member
    ASBESTOS IN MAKEUP/CONSUMER PRODCUTS:

[at first I couldn't find info on BB creams specifically, so I looked on a broader scale and found numerous articles on asbestos in makeup in general]

"..Talc May Contain Asbestos
    Talc often contains asbestos. Baby powder, cosmetics, and feminine hygiene products that contain talc usually also contain asbestos."

Then I found articles...

South Korea recalls cosmetics contaminated with asbestos

SEOUL, April 7, 2009 (AFP) -

A South Korean safety watchdog said Tuesday it
    has banned a local cosmetics company from selling five products which used raw
    materials contaminated with cancer-causing asbestos.

The products from L’Ocean cosmetics company including face powder and
    make-up base were being taken off the shelves, the Korea Food and Drug
    Administration said.

The products were made using talcum powder imported from China, which was
    found to have been contaminated with asbestos, it said in a statement.

The agency last Thursday announced that it had found asbestos in baby
    powder made by eight manufacturers. It banned their sale and ordered a recall.

Asbestos can cause lung cancer when inhaled.

http://www.divaasia.com/article/3060

Korean Cosmetics Suspected of Asbestos Contamination

Korean news sources are reporting that many Korean manufacturers of cosmetics and baby powder may have been contaminated with deadly asbestos.

The Korean Food and Drug Administration will ban the sale of cosmetics suspected of containing talc that has been contaminated by asbestos.

Over 300 cosmetics companies, drug manufacturers, and baby powder companies purchased the tainted talc from Duksan Reagents, which imports more than 20 percent of Korea’s talc.

The director of the Korean Food and Drug Administration has stated that a sales ban will be put in place on all products suspected of contamination as soon as a full list of these companies is compiled and confirmed.A sales ban on drugs suspected of asbestos contamination will be implemented after additional reviews have been conducted.

Talc is used in baby powder, powdered cosmetics such as foundation, and in the manufacturing of medicine to prevent the pills from sticking to each other.

Talc accounts for 70-90 percent of baby powder and 40-50 percent in face powder. The amount of talc found in drugs is under one percent of the weight of a single pill.

Talc is also used in food, such as to prevent chewing gum or candies from sticking to a wrapper. So far, Korean officials have not found any evidence to link the tainted talc to the talc used in the food industry.

While some companies are conducting voluntary recalls of their products, other Korean companies are refusing to accept responsibility. Asbestos exposure is linked to mesothelioma, a cancer that can affect the lining of the lungs, abdomen, and heart.

The Korea Federation for Environmental Movement plans to conduct a consumer damage survey, mobilize plaintiffs, and sue for mental damage against various manufacturers.

http://www.maacenter.org/news/korean-cosme...tamination.html
  • moonyahmoonyah Posts: 1,169Member
    ^ hope they put the list up soon:(
    youtube: babytcee fashion&makeup blog
    youtube:nail tutorials | blog:makeup & ootds
  • misshakisshmisshakissh Posts: 511Member
    edited April 2009
    if choosing bb cream i'd suggest for oily skin,, use the face shop's oil free bbcream. i think its the better than hankskin and missha, i think those two is better suited for thos who dont have extremely oily skin.

QUOTE (Jnn @ Apr 11 2009, 07:17 AM) »
    ASBESTOS IN MAKEUP/CONSUMER PRODCUTS:

[at first I couldn't find info on BB creams specifically, so I looked on a broader scale and found numerous articles on asbestos in makeup in general]

"..Talc May Contain Asbestos

that was REALLY old news.. lol, maybe the 'translated' version got out alot later. anyways

yeah that was only based on the BABY POWDERS... n some LOCEAN cosmetics makeup product the list is out already.

11 products were confirmed to be contaminated with asbestos and they were all babypowders which have been banned
    and LOCEAN cosmetics. ( its like a internet makeup brand or something not sure, u guys dont trust internet cosmetic brands its not safe,, they are CHEAP for a reason..ehem)

no problems with bbcream,n other makeup brands, (they are laser treatment based makeup for a reason,,lol..)

so no worries only locean/ n babypowder brands had asbestos, unless u guys use them..
  • JnnJnn The only thing constant in life is change. CananananadaPosts: 5,013Member
    ^ The girl who was talking specifically about it in BB Cream was referring to articles that came out this week. Check the date on the sources provided...it's very recent.
  • skankehskankeh Posts: 53Member
    edited April 2009
    [BB Cream Brand & Name] Missha Perfect Cover Shade 21
    Coverage: Medium, Kind of Buildable
    Texture: Thick, Creamy
    Shade: Not sure, fair with pink undertones
    Fragrance: Old ladies who rub themselves with crusty rose petals, also some baby powder fragrance for me
    Oil-Control: Pretty good for me, still got oily though
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Matte
    Overall comments: Evens out my redness quite well, gets kind of flake for some reason though, needed to reapply on dark spot and still didn't fully cocver them up, but whatever. I still think it's miracle in a bottle. No oxidation.

-I have oily oily skin, acne prone, and very fair O;

**How do you guys wash this off? It's very hard for me ><
  • oreoooreoo Posts: 1,664Member
    [BB Cream Brand & Name] Aloe Sun BB Cream SPF 20 PA+
    Coverage: Pretty good, since this one actually fits my shade more, the way it sinks into my skin seriously is amazing. It fits well and though it's not heavy coverage, enough to make me feel ready to go.
    Texture: Smooth, for some reason--I feel it's thicker than my other BB cream, probably because of the SPF stuff in it
    Shade: #2
    Fragrance: O.o uhm aloe like? + a smell of asian make up LOL
    Oil-Control: Well--decent I think. Because it has SPF, but my skin is dry so thats not that good.
    Dewy or Matte (finish): dewy
    Overall comments: Pretty good, this was the 1st one I got and after I got accustomed to it--my skin eventually started becoming used to it.

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Skinfood Gingko Green BB Cream
    Coverage: Decent--since it's light, it's more for me--a cream to kind of brighten up my face?!
    Texture: Smooth, almost too smooth
    Shade: #1
    Fragrance: I have no idea what Ginko smells like... but it smells good to me
    Oil-Control: It's pretty good I think--but then again my face doesnt really have oil...........
    Dewy or Matte (finish): dewy
    Overall comments: I like the smell and the effect it has on my face, it's like it just adds a touch of coverage without it feeling too heavy.

Skin type: Dry near mouth, bottom of nose/normal
    Skin tone: Pale....
    Skin undertone: brownish, I have pretty dark undertones
    Skincare Regime: Clean face at night, moisturize a LOT. In the morning, I mix my sunblock/moisturizer/BB Cream altogether for coverage. It's the best way to go so I dont waste my BB Cream--it's efficient for me!
    imageimage
    [● ▲ ●] Cake@June // I Visual Star! // Last.fm

• bbylove*bbylove* Posts: 579Member
    QUOTE (skankeh @ Apr 12 2009, 04:43 AM) »

Makeup remover?
  • CandyRainCandyRain Posts: 607Member
    edited April 2009
    Is there any BB cream that doesn't oxidize? or maybe less oxidize?
  • maharu.maharu. We can be so perfect. Posts: 4,360Member

IDOL

edited April 2009
    I was planning to use BB cream but this person that someone I know, knows is a dermatologist and I heard that these kinds of creams are really bad for your skin.
    When the spf is too high, it damages the skin and the cream is just too heavy for the skin.
  • sleepynesssleepyness ? (????)?? Somewhere over the rainbow :DPosts: 929Friend of Soompi
    How do you know what 'NC' your skin is? o_o
  • illumine*illumine* love ⋆ dust Posts: 2,160Member
    edited April 2009
    ^ NC is what MAC uses in their foundations to determine people's skin tones. You'd need to go to MAC and get your skin matched by a MUA.
    __BLOG TWITTER S&V______
    this is a fairytale gone awry . . .__
  • kikkiekikkie Girl. L.A., CaliforniaPosts: 1,808Member

IDOL

^ I'm pretty sure NC means neutral cool.
    NW for neutral warm.
  • kcykcy Posts: 736Member
    where is bb cream sold in pacific mall? specifically l'egere's? or anything else is fine too.
    and if you know, can you tell me the store name plss^^ thx
  • justwildbeatjustwildbeat Ohio&#33;Posts: 1,229Member
    QUOTE (skankeh @ Apr 12 2009, 04:43 AM) »
    Fragrance: Old ladies who rub themselves with crusty rose petals, also some baby powder fragrance for me

I'm sorry I just find this hilarious XD

Also I use an oil based cleanser to wash BB cream off, such as Shu Uemura's.

justwildbeat's Mini-shoppe! Feat. cell keychains, Gmarket clothes, handbags, and beauty products

• bebexlovebebexlove Posts: 3,059Friend of Soompi

IDOL

Have anyone tried COSWELLA?

It's a germany company (from what I heard they started the whole BB cream craze o_o?) and my mom bought me this jar of it.. She said she paid over 100$ (after taxes) for it..

[Edit]
    Oh.. found a website regarding it just incase anyone needs to see more details..
    http://ziahn.com/bb-cream/coswella-perfect...l-bb-cream.html

• tokyohoneytokyohoney New York CityPosts: 1,417Member
    i just got my missha bb cream and hear about this news o__o
    does missha bb creams contain asbestos?
    R E E N A' S B O U T I Q U E
    tons of cosmetics, A&F, Japanese fashion magazines, FCUK, COACH, Juicy Couture