Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

B B Cream Aka Blemish Balm #2~ Hottest Foundation Trend In Asia [last Update: 25Apr10

Replies

• x_terrx_terr Posts: 1,098Member
    image mom bought me back some gowoonsesang hydra intensive bb cream from hong kong!
    so far i'm just using it as a concealer type. i will try it with makeup tomorrow!

visit my flickr

last.fm?
  • larojiblancalarojiblanca Posts: 488Member
    edited December 2008
    [Skin79 Gold Label BB Cream]
    Coverage: Adequate. I have blotches of redness on my cheeks, and the BB cream lightened it, but I still had to apply a dusting of mineral foundation on top .
    Texture: Thick, like creamy foundation.
    Shade: Beige, with a hue of ash-grey
    Fragrance: no scent
    Oil-Control: I don't have oil control problems, so I'm not quite sure abou tthis
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Dewy
    Overall comments: I like this BB cream. It's reduced the redness on the cheeks slightly (thought I have yet to see any miracles). The coverage is good. My skin feels 2x lighter with BB cream and a dusting of mineral foundation than with Clinique Supermoist Makeup foundation, which is what I used prior to this. I have less clogged pores as well, and the cream is easily blendable

I read somewhere, after I bought it, that this BB cream is designed for mature skin types(?) Thus, next time, I might try the Skin79 BB cream in the pink can.

The cons...well, it is thick, so it may not be good for oily skin types. It also has this ash hue to it (I suppose it's for the "whitening effect").

Skin type: Combination, but leaning towards dry. Sensitive.
    Skin tone: I'm a pale Asian.
    Skin undertone: Yellow
    Skincare Regime: Washcloth + water, moisturiser
    sigad.jpg
    http://www.eyecandylens.com
    | Articles about the circle lens world
    STORE WIDE SALE UP TO 40% OFF! AS LOW AS $18/PAIR FREE SHIPPING!
  • jamahyujamahyu weeoo WashingtonPosts: 224Member
    edited December 2008
    [BB Cream Brand & Name] Missha M Watery
    Coverage: Super friggen sheer
    Texture: Liquid
    Shade: One of the darker BB creams... it's not pinkish, thank goodness.
    Fragrance: Kinda like old lady powder? I dunno how to describe it. It's not disgusting, but it's not super pleasant, imo.
    Oil-Control: Pretty good oil control
    Dewy or Matte (finish): It's so sheer, I have no idea lol
    Overall comments:
    I really like this BB cream despite its lack of coverage. My skin isn't bad off to begin with so I didn't want anything too heavy. I have to admit this is less than what I had expected. The color match is perfect for me-- I'm not too tan, not too pale. But I'm definitely on the tanner side of the BB cream spectrum. I would stay with this cream if it had more coverage. It fails as a concealer, even for ligther blemishes. Like I said, it is sheer. The oil control is pretty good, however. And that makes up for its coverage. I just wouldn't wear this to a photo shoot or something.

Skin type: Combo
    Skin tone: I currently don't use a foundation. But I listed my shades above.
    Skin undertone: Pinkish yellow?
    Skincare Regime: Witch Hazel every morning/night, AHA Souffle at night
  • WENJJANGWENJJANG ?? CaliforniaPosts: 7,127Member

IDOL

edited December 2008
    [BB Cream Brand & Name] Skin Food Aloe #1
    Coverage: Medium
    Texture: Creamy
    Shade: Concealer The Time Balm - Mid-Medium
    Fragrance: Scented, smells good :]
    Oil-Control: not really a lot of oil control
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Dewy?
    Overall comments: It didn't cover up that well, I am kind of tanner then most girls
    who use shade 1, but it works for me since I have yellow undertones, and my face is lighter then the rest of my body.
    I just wish it cover my acne scars more.

Skin type: Oily, Acne-prone
    Skin tone: My face is pale but my body (arms) are tan (Mid-Medium)
    Skin undertone: Yellow, beige?
    Skincare Regime: Day: Wash face with cold water + Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer
    Night: Use Cetaphil Face Cleanser (Sometimes I use Silka Whitening Soap instead), Neutrogena Non-Alcohol Toner, Neutrogena Spot Treatment

[BB Cream Brand & Name] Ohui BB Cream
    Coverage: Sheer/Light Coverage
    Shade: Concealer The Time Balm - Mid-Medium
    Fragrance: Not sure
    Oil-Control: oil-control
    Dewy or Matte (finish): Matte
    Overall comments: It's more light coverage but it helped even out my skin tone, since it fits all skin tones.
    Once I put it on and put concealer on my scars it looked really good :]

Skin type: Oily, Acne-prone
    Skin tone: My face is pale but my body (arms) are tan (Mid-Medium)
    Skin undertone: Yellow, beige?
    Skincare Regime: Day: Wash face with cold water + Neutrogena Oil Free Moisturizer
    Night: Use Cetaphil Face Cleanser (Sometimes I use Silka Whitening Soap instead), Neutrogena Non-Alcohol Toner, Neutrogena Spot Treatment
  • kissez*kissez* YEAH OH YEAH Posts: 8,252Friend of Soompi

IDOL

Has anyone purchased BB cream from this ebay seller before?
    http://stores.ebay.com/Healthy-Skin-Care-Shop
    Some of the lowest prices I've come across so far...
    not sure how authentic the products are.

"It was tender and mild, like baby Jesus."

FORMSPRING
  • twinsxboyztwinsxboyz Australia ^SYDNEY^Posts: 154Member
    M Perfect Cover B.B cream SPF42 PA+++ No.23
    Coverage: Medium
    Texture: Thick and a little chalky
    Shade: Natural beige color, slightly darker than No.21
    Fragrance: not much of a scent.. a little like sunscreen
    Oil-Control: mild oil control but i wish it could do better since i have super oily skin
    Dewy or Matte (finish): inbetween! makes my skin glow but its still kinda matte
    Overall comments: its the first bb cream i've tried and so far im pleased with the coverage. My skin looks great in it but next time i will try the lighter shade.

Skin type: Oily
    Skin tone: Nude in Maybelline cosmetics
    Skin undertone: yellow
    IPB Image
  • gloriouskiesgloriouskies NYCPosts: 377Member
    QUOTE (kissez* @ Dec 31 2008, 11:53 PM) »
    Has anyone purchased BB cream from this ebay seller before?
    http://stores.ebay.com/Healthy-Skin-Care-Shop
    Some of the lowest prices I've come across so far...
    not sure how authentic the products are.

Yup image I got my Skinfood from her. Trustworthy~ and she threw in a sample. Shipping is exactly as stated w/in 10-15 days
  • kissez*kissez* YEAH OH YEAH Posts: 8,252Friend of Soompi

IDOL

QUOTE (gloriouskies @ Jan 1 2009, 02:20 AM) »
    Yup image I got my Skinfood from her. Trustworthy~ and she threw in a sample. Shipping is exactly as stated w/in 10-15 days

Thanks for replying ^^

"It was tender and mild, like baby Jesus."

FORMSPRING
  • turquoise_and_takoyakiturquoise_and_takoyaki tom-o-hisa yummy-pi Auckland, New ZealandPosts: 872Member
    Hi guys I was wondering where can I get it online? I tried google and couldn't find websites that sell them, also I need a website that ships internationally. Any help would do, pm me thanks.
    Tomohisa says MAJIDE, Yamapi SHOCK. image Toma says YATTA. image
  • PDURRRPDURRR a dull boy. Your Wildest Dreams.Posts: 7,610Moderator

edited January 2009
    QUOTE (turquoise_and_takoyaki @ Jan 2 2009, 03:58 AM) »
    Hi guys I was wondering where can I get it online? I tried google and couldn't find websites that sell them, also I need a website that ships internationally. Any help would do, pm me thanks.

sasa.com sells it, they ship from hongkong and i see new zealand under location so they should ship to you

they have skin food aloe bb cream, and dr jart (under brand > dr jart), and gowoonsesang hydra intensive(under brand > dr.G)
    and a grip of random brands i never heard of
  • blackiezblackiez Posts: 85Member
    Has anyone tried Innisfree Trouble Care BB cream?? I am thinking of getting this since Innisfree is a pretty well-known brand right?
    I have been using Skin Food Mushroom BB cream ever since and thinking of switching to other products....
    Currently I have my eyes on Dr.Jart Black Label Detox Healing Blemish Balm and this Innisfree one. Please gimme some reviews... Thank you ^o^
  • turquoise_and_takoyakiturquoise_and_takoyaki tom-o-hisa yummy-pi Auckland, New ZealandPosts: 872Member
    QUOTE (PDURRR @ Jan 2 2009, 08:20 AM) »
    sasa.com sells it, they ship from hongkong and i see new zealand under location so they should ship to you

they have skin food aloe bb cream, and dr jart (under brand > dr jart), and gowoonsesang hydra intensive(under brand > dr.G)
    and a grip of random brands i never heard of

thank you, I will follow it up.
    Tomohisa says MAJIDE, Yamapi SHOCK. image Toma says YATTA. image
  • sugarcookiessugarcookies trying to make some money T___T Florida, USAPosts: 339Member
    i think BBcream is like the most popular skin product in asia... even my friends in Vietnam have bought and use them.... thinking that i should order 1 at gmarket soon image
    image KOREA MANIA survey: BESTs of KOREA image
    Made in Korea: $19 chiffon onepieces, $13 graphic tees, $13 tanks, $15 cardigans, $17 hoodies, $19 training SETs, $15 skirts, $19 jeans&denim
    image Cute & Cheap Korean Fashion & Jewelry Shoppe image
    450+ items : Gmarket, Cct, F21, Alloy, Delias, Asmama, OKBA, Windygirl
  • stephanyleestephanylee Posts: 47Member
    [hanskin super magic]
    Coverage: sheer to medium
    Texture: Liquid
    Shade: darker than dr. jart silver label but lighter than black label with a slight pink undertone
    Fragrance: don't really smell anything
    Oil-Control: not bad, my forehead gets a little oily by the end of the day
    Dewy or Matte (finish): matte
    Overall comments:
    this is better to use in the winter because it is not as drying as the dr. jart silver label and has a more sheer coverage that allows for quick application. does not fully cover the acne scars on my forehead but i have bangs so its ok. i like how i look after just applying but a touch up may be necessary to maintain the look. overall, i'd give it a 8.5-10. still looking for the one bb cream that suits me. in the meantime, this will do.
    Skin type: Combo with acne scarring on forehead
    Skin tone: i guess im kind pale? i use the lightest bare minerals set lol
    Skin undertone: Pinkish?
    Skincare Regime: shisheido fash wash and neutrogena combination skin moisturizer
  • annieangelannieangel AustraliaPosts: 780Friend of Soompi

ROOKIE

wow lots of reviews lately. thanks girls. I have updated the reviews post. hopefully i haven't missed any reviews =] once again, i'm alive and will not abandon this thread. currently on holidays using my besties' internet and laptop to update... lol!
  • amyjeehyeamyjeehye SoCal :)Posts: 914Member
    has anyone tried the skinfood mushroom bb cream?
    sorry if i missed it but i only saw skinfood aloe !
  • blackiezblackiez Posts: 85Member
    QUOTE (amyjeehye @ Jan 5 2009, 06:04 PM) »
    has anyone tried the skinfood mushroom bb cream?
    sorry if i missed it but i only saw skinfood aloe !

I am using it. image
    I have dry/sensitive skin.
    Pinkish undertone?!? (i suppose).
    It smelled really good. The texture is also super smooth but doesn't provide much coverage if you have acne or much redness on your face.
    Shade: I chose Light Beigh since my skin is pretty fair. It's lighter than other BB I tried before.
    Oil-control: not so bad but I feel my forehead and nose bridge a bit oily towards the end of the day though.
  • ewafflesewaffles new yorkkPosts: 18Member
    edited January 2009
    CLIO Professional- Whitening B.B Cream
    Coverage: sheer-medium
    Shade: Beige
    Fragrance: slightly scented
    Oil-Control: not sure... but i tend to have dry skin and this type of bb cream helps individuals with dry skin
    Dewy or Matte (finish): dewy
    Overall comments: i recommend this brand of bb cream, but don't get the whitening. i think bb cream by itself makes your face glow whiter, so adding whitening cream makes you look slightly sickly. some blush might though; i haven't tried it. i've used it for a few weeks; my skin did get lighter. didn't help with occasional acne or blemishes, but the cream did cover blemishes when i wore it. made my skin look sooo much clearer image it's slightly overpriced, and oxidizes after a short time.

Skin type: dry
    Skin tone: i'm a pretty tan asian. so i guess that's why i look super pale/sickly when i wear this bb cream?
    Skin undertone: beige-yellow
    Skincare Regime: st. ives apricot scrub/week, olay beauty fluid moisterizer/morning&night, neutrogena oil-free acne wash/morning&night. &i drink lots of water lol

If music be the food of love, play on. ♥
  • ElysiaElysia heaven :DPosts: 1,034Member
    edited January 2009
    [ COOGI FLOWERTOX 3ACTION ]
    Coverage: medium, buildable
    Texture: creamy
    Shade: pale, pink undertones. NC15-20 and it fits pretty well.
    Fragrance: smells like flowers! i like it image
    Oil-Control: decent oil control, have to reblot every few hoursl
    Dewy or Matte (finish): dewy
    Overall comments: this bbcream was my first, so i am biased and i liked it alot bc i didn't experience other ones yet image still, it was a great first bbcream to start off with, it is one of the paler bbcreams and i choose it since i am very fair. i also have alot of hyperpigmentation, and this is a very buildable bbcream, i just wear this + a bit of concealer, sometimes LP and my skin looks flawless image it does seem to change color throughout the day though, my skin looks best with this bbcream the first few hours after application

[ LIOELE: BEYOND THE SOLUTION ]
    Coverage: light-medium, buildable
    Texture: creamy but not as spreadable as coogi or a moisturizer.
    Shade: it actually fit my skin shade better than coogi, and i am very fair... NC15-20
    Fragrance: no distinctive smell to me
    Oil-Control: very good oil control! i went thru an entire day of class without reblotting image
    Dewy or Matte (finish): slightly more matte, but doesn't look too "made up"
    Overall comments: i love this bbcream! it feels heavier than coogi because it is harder to blend, but i sort of like it since the oil control is much better and the overall color matches my skin better. i was somewhat scared to use because everyone said it is one ofthe darker bbcreams, but it fits my skin color well.

i really want to try feverlet but it is one of the more expensive bbcreams image

Skin type: oily, acne-prone, sensitive
    Skin tone: MAC NC15-20, BE fairly light
    Skin undertone: yellow, beige?
    Skincare Regime: shiseido toner, shiseido the facecare spf tinted moisturizer, bbcream + laura mercier lp. night; wash off with shiseido white lucent cleansing foam, exfoliate with neutrogena aha/bha scrub, philosophy hope in a jar + bio-oil
    smile. you don't know who's day you're making. :)
  • Sion-KunSion-Kun Posts: 552Member
    QUOTE (turquoise_and_takoyaki @ Jan 2 2009, 06:58 AM) »

I got my Gowoonsesang BBcream, double eyelid tape, and false eyelashes from lunabeauty.com
    They're secure and shipping is pretty fast. image
    Dunno why it's not widely known here.