Lee Seung Chul 이승철

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

2009 Vol. 10 - MutopiaLee Seung Chul (이승철)

imageimageimageimageimage

Place of birth : Seoul, Korea
Physique : 170cm, 65kg
Blood type : A
Religion : Buddhism
Hobby : Fishing
Favorite food : Sashimi
DOB: 05-12-1966
Education: SuWon University
Debut: 1985

Biography
Lee Seung-cheol, dubbed “The Emperor of Live Music,” made his debut in the pop music world in 1985 as the leading vocalist of the band “Boohwal.” However, Boohwal disbanded in October 1988 and since then Lee Seung-cheol has been performing as a solo singer. His solo debut numbers “Don’t Say Good-bye” and “On a Sleepless Night” recorded great hits especially among female teens. Through the series of concerts he held in time with releasing his first solo album, Lee gained his nickname “The Emperor of Live Music.” While enjoying his heydays, Lee, however, was arrested for taking drugs and had to stop his career as a musician for a while. He made a comeback in 1990 with the album “Part 2.” The song “The Last Concert” included in the album was a great hit and gave Lee an opportunity to successfully continue his career as a singer. In the same year, Lee released his second official solo album and the song “I Loved My Friend’s Love” recorded a great hit. However, the drugs problem still lingered on the shadows of Lee and he had to have another hiatus in his career as he was once again arrested for taking drugs. However, Lee didn’t give up his passion for music and came back on stages thorough a series of national tour concerts in 1991. The next year, Lee published a book of journals entitled “The Portrait of Muse.” In 1995, Lee held a memorable concert with the U.S.-based a cappella band “The New York Boys” capturing the hearts of many pop music lovers with sophisticated sounds and melodies. In June, 1995, Lee surprised the public by marrying Kang Moon-young, an actress. However the couple got divorced in March, 1997. With a more mature image since his divorce, Lee has continued active performances in the local pop music scene by releasing albums steadily. Lee also participated in various OSTs for local films and has been holding live concerts in which he can show the best of himself to the fans of his music.

In 2002, Lee regrouped with his former group ‘Boowhal’ after a rather long 15years of separation and produced the hit ‘Never ending story’ which seemed appropriate regarding the relationship between himself and ‘Boowhal’. This enabled Lee and ‘Boowhal’ to stand center stage once again with nearly 400,000 copies of album sales and a sold-out national tour but the trip was to be short lived which left Lee and ‘Boowhal’ to go on to their separate ways. However, this didn’t slow Lee down at all. Determined as ever, Lee Seung-Chul continued to put out album after album, even a cooking-book of his favorite recipes. Furthermore, he celebrated his 20th anniversary since his debut in 2005 with a successful nation-wide tour and a Christmas concert which closed a very busy year for the singer.

Discography
* Rock Will Never Die (1st album of Boohwal, 1985 : Heeya, The Story of Me and the Rain, I Only Have You
* Recollection (2nd album of Boohwal, 1987) : Recollection, Recollection III, February 7th
* Lee Seung-cheol Part 1 (1st album, 1989) : Don’t Say Good-bye, On a Sleepless Night,IWant to Fall in Love
* Lee Seung-cheol Part 2 (1st album, 1990) : Last Concert, The Girls’ Era
* The Evening Glow and I (2nd album, 1990) : To Me, The Evening Glow and I, I Loved MyFriend’s Love
* Wandering (3rd album, 1992) : Wandering, A Black Cat, You Are Another Me
* The Secret of Color (4th album, 1994) : The Secret in Colors, A Small Peace, Illusion
* The Bridge of Sonic Heaven (5th album, 1996) : Today Once Again, Sorrow, Now I Will
* Deep Blue (5.5th album, 1998) : The Reason I Let You Go, On a Beautiful Day, Serendipity
* 1999 (6th album, 1999) : I Have Only You, The Weight of Separation, Turn Away
* Confession (6.5th album, 2001) : We Eternally, You Drip, Confession
* The Livelong Day (2004) : The Livelong Day
* A Walk To Remember (20-year commemorative album, 2005) : Count to Ten, Because of the Memories, A Clear Afternoon
* Live best album (Live 2005. 10) : Various hits.
* 20th Anniversary ‘Live in 2005’ (Live 2005.11.3): Various hits including ‘Last concert’, ‘Never ending story’.
* Chungyeon ‘Blue Swallow’ (O.S.T. 2005.12) : ‘Jasmine flower’, ‘Too young to die’.
* Lee Seung Chul RUI: The Best Greatest Hits (2006): Various Hits
* Somewhere Over The rainbow (Project Single Album, 2006): Don't Leave
* Lee Seung Chul Vol. 8 - Reflection of Sound Digital Disc (2006)
* Lee Seung Chul Vol. 9 - The Secret of Color 2 (2007)
* Lee Seung Chul 2007 Concert Live Album - He's Coming (2008)
* Lee Seung Chul - Moving Star (2008-07-10) Digital Single

Others:
* 2008 East of Eden OST Vol. 2 (MBC TV Drama) - Track 01 . 듣고 있나요 (Are You Listening?)

Music Videos

* Propose

Links
Official Website: http://www.leeseungchul.co.kr/
Other sites:
* http://www.cyworld.com/chung505
* http://town.cyworld.com/LeeSeungChul
* http://cafe.daum.net/SEUNGCHUL

c: KBS World + Yahoo KR + YesAsia + edward1849[soompi] + adikkeluangman

Please PM me if want to edit/maintain this post. Thank you! image

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest superstar`kiss

WHY oh HOW oh Lord has there not been a thread on the Legendary LeeSeungChul yet..?? :blink:

LSC is absolutly one of the BEST artists created..!!

His voice, his music--it's SO amazing!

And I LOVE his site! it has like, EVERYTHING there! :w00t:

I LOVE "SoRiChyeo" and "SeoJjok Haneul"..they're SO good! And "Long Day"!

Whatever he comes out with, it's gonna be such a classic! ;)

-이승철 화이팅!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

159042cropcousay007eo8.jpg

Lee Seung Chul - Moving Star (Ist Digital Single)

Release Date: July 10, 2008

Genre: Pop

01 Moving Star

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

081208p14ec9db4ec8ab9ecuc2.jpg

Lee Seung-chul will also join the series of Christmas concerts this month with his “Crazy Night Concert.” Debuting in 1985, Lee has become one of Korea’s favorite singers with his strong, emotional voice, and beautiful songs and lyrics.

Along with his trademark ballads, the singer will offer his famous drama soundtracks and carols with a rock and roll twist as well.

For parents with kids, Lee arranged a special playroom just for the little ones. Thanks to professional babysitters, parents and even their children may enjoy the concert.

Lee’s “Crazy Night Concert” will be held at the Jamsil Indoor Stadium Dec. 24-27. Tickets cost from 55,000 won to 120,000 won. For more information, visit www.interpark.co.kr.

Source: Korea Times

Credit: seoulfull.wordpress.com

• 1 month later...
Guest winterblaze

i love him and i love his voice :(

it's so sad that there arent a lot of pages here yet >___<

haha just make some more then :P

Loving his new song from the OST Story Sadder Than Sadness... its freaking great.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Seung-chul’s Good Deeds Revealed

2009-04-13

e090413_01.jpg

No good deed goes unnoticed, as in the case of Lee Seung-chul. It was revealed belatedly that Korea’s famed singer Lee Seung-chul has been helping out children with heart disease for the past 17 years. He has been making donations to the Korea Heart Foundation since 1992. The singer was awarded a plaque of appreciation from the Foundation at a music hall in Seongnam where Lee is to hold a concert.

An officials of the Korea Heart Foundation said that Lee was given due recognition for his quiet charity work and for inspiring others to cherish life. The foundation celebrates the 25th anniversary of its founding this year. Together with the members of his fan club, Lee has donated profits from his concerts and CD sales to sick children every year and helped more than 100 children receive heart surgeries. Not only is he providing monetary help, he goes out to volunteer at a social service center every month.

In the meantime, Lee is busy preparing for his 10th regular album due out in late April and a grand concert to be held on May 22 and 23 at the War Memorial of Korea.

c: KBS World

• 3 weeks later...

His 10th album scheduled for release May 11.

Track List (credit yesasia.com)

이승철 10집 - 뮤토피아

01 . 손톱이 빠져서

02 . In The Love

03 . 뒤돌아보면

04 . Reggae Night

05 . 너 때문에 눈물 흘린다

06 . 사랑아

07 . 얼마나 더 울어야해

08 . Love Is

09 . 넌 잊었는지

10 . My Girl