Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The O F F I C I A L "what To Wear With This" Thread

Replies

• Wingless.DreamsWingless.Dreams My unseemly promise to forget you makes me cry again USA :)Posts: 3,032Member

IDOL

^ lol I know, but I was asking what kind of shoes/sandals/heels would match it. >__<
    Songs are my inspiration.
    Struggling as I write this love story,
    composing a tomorrow I cannot see.
    I want to be by your side when I'm standing still in loneliness.
    So I won't get lost.
    ____
    Love, fly away . . .
  • xkatxrinaxxkatxrinax Posts: 136Member, New Member

ROOKIE

megosaur wrote on 08 March 2012 - 05:35 PM:

These tights are so adorable but I'm so stuck on what to wear them with. :l
    *quoted image*

any short skirt/ dress looks good with these, I have a similar pair and I wear them with everything :) short shorts and a shirt also look good with these.
    megosaur
  • hydraskylarhydraskylar Posts: 220Member

ROOKIE

I just bought this beautiful ivory, ankle-length lace gown. (My only dress that is not black!) I love this dress but I look old wearing it. How do I wear it for a formal event without looking like someone's grandma? Tips for what jewelry, shoes, and hairstyle would be much appreciated (past the shoulder, medium-length hair)

Please ignore the necklace in this picture. That necklace belongs to the seller, not me.

Ivory lace dress
  • hiswendyhiswendy one of those old soompiers from way back when Posts: 4,309Member

IDOL

edited March 2012
    2partsvodka wrote on 01 March 2012 - 02:34 AM:

i want those :wub:
    the beauty of these shoes, they go with anything whether dressed up or down.
    you can wear it with a tee shirt dress and leather jacket
    high waist jean shorts, leather shorts, any kind of shorts, with a simple any colored/graphic tee, tank, chiffon button top.
    you can rock it with black, blue, red jeans/leggings

i'll give you links of some of my favorite bloggers who has similar if not the same exact shoes and you can see how they pair it. you might have to go back a few pages or search good luck

http://www.leblogdebetty.com/en/
    http://www.neonblush.com/
    http://songofstyle.blogspot.com/
    http://www.fashionsalade.com/lusttforlife
    http://oraclefox.blogspot.com/
    http://www.fashiontoast.com/

Thank you for the links! I'm having fun looking through the blogs. I played around with my wardrobe in combination with the shoes and they really do go well with a lot of outfits. I noticed though that it looks best with like spring or fall type clothing (and shorts, yes). Wearing them in the winter would probably mean imminent death as the soles are not made for snow and boots in the summer might look off (even though I've done it before). Anyway, thank you again.

dollinrouge wrote on 03 March 2012 - 02:12 AM:

They're beautiful :)
    If you're more of the less vogue more of a casual girl, go for a chambray shirt and light tan skinny  cords (both are big this season), it just throws off the usual shirt+t-shirt combo.
    If you're going out with your friends, you could wear this with a black jeggings and a really nice sequined top to jazz things up a little bit.
    Hope that helps

I actually had to Google what a chambray shirt and cords were, haha. I am so fashion-backward. (Can we please tell these to my friends who refuse to believe me? =S) Anyway, thank you. I'm having fun dressing up with the shoes. The first time I wore them out, I was out downtown for 6 hours. I looked good...but I will never do 6 hours on these babies again. Thanks again!
  • SwtStarlight-SwtStarlight- Posts: 112Member
    edited March 2012
    I've had this skirt for 2 years or 3 now but NEVER wore them. What should I wear with them?
    Front: DSCN0480.jpg
    Back: DSCN0481.jpg

&I just recently got these two items. What can I wear with them?
    DSCN0482.jpgDSCN0484.jpg
    Buyerlisted +1 w/Twinsa.
  • SUMM3RxBABiiSUMM3RxBABii NYPosts: 3,260Member
    SwtStarlight- wrote on 12 March 2012 - 07:19 PM:

I've had this skirt for 2 years or 3 now but NEVER wore them. What should I wear with them?
    Front: *quoted image*
    Back: *quoted image*

&I just recently got these two items. What can I wear with them?
    *quoted image**quoted image*

The plaid skirt... wear a long-sleeve oversized black sweater. Actually, a black top would look nice and also some lace stockings.

May I just ask what the last piece is? I have a feeling that it's high-waist shorts...
    ♥♥SH0P♥♥
    Free People, MAC, AE, HCO, A&F, Smashbox, DKNY, Guess, more!
    Tumblr♥
    ★Fashion/Beauty Blog "Fashionspiration"★
  • SwtStarlight-SwtStarlight- Posts: 112Member
    SUMM3RxBABii wrote on 13 March 2012 - 06:25 AM:

The plaid skirt... wear a long-sleeve oversized black sweater. Actually, a black top would look nice and also some lace stockings.

May I just ask what the last piece is? I have a feeling that it's high-waist shorts...

Yes they're high waisted shorts XD
    Buyerlisted +1 w/Twinsa.
  • the_wronged&lt;/3the_wronged</3 Posts: 702Member
    edited March 2012
    Wingless.Dreams wrote on 09 March 2012 - 01:02 AM:

^ lol I know, but I was asking what kind of shoes/sandals/heels would match it. >__<

Sorry, I meant to respond to Alisaur which is why my response might've not made sense. Fixing it now haha. I couldn't think of what kind of shoes that would match your skirt, sorry :[
  • joongielovejoongielove keep the faith. OT5 USPosts: 2,019Member
    05757713-02.jpg

from f21. what do i wear? it's kinda plain lookin..
    dongbangshinki<3
    keep the faith.

• centriccentric lulz wut? Southern CaliforniaPosts: 1,452Friend of Soompi
    ^ Layer it under a nice cardigan or jacket? Choose interesting leggings/socks/stockings for your bottoms. If anything it's a chance for the accessories/other parts of the outfit to stand out since the shirt/dress is a nice basic.

• wakiiwakii Posts: 494Member
    edited March 2012
    got these red heels from karmaloop like a year ago and every time i try to wear them i'm afraid they don't go with my clothes =__= but i can't bear to part with them LOL.

they look almost exactly like this but patent
    shSMkattrinared.jpg

is it okay to wear with either of these dresses?
    15035959-06.jpg
    00029061-01.jpg

i have a dress really similar to the black one and the mixed animal print one looks gross in the pic but good irl lol.

and so i'm actually contributing:

@joongielove: my friend wore something similar to that with tights and plain flats. the thing that didn't make it look plain looking was that her hair was in a cute bun and she had a flower headband thing goin' on haha.
  • joongielovejoongielove keep the faith. OT5 USPosts: 2,019Member
    centric wrote on 15 March 2012 - 01:19 AM:

^ Layer it under a nice cardigan or jacket? Choose interesting leggings/socks/stockings for your bottoms. If anything it's a chance for the accessories/other parts of the outfit to stand out since the shirt/dress is a nice basic.

would white tights work? with like a boot? 

wakii wrote on 16 March 2012 - 12:26 AM:

got these red heels from karmaloop like a year ago and every time i try to wear them i'm afraid they don't go with my clothes =__= but i can't bear to part with them LOL.

they look almost exactly like this but patent

is it okay to wear with either of these dresses?

i have a dress really similar to the black one and the mixed animal print one looks gross in the pic but good irl lol.

and so i'm actually contributing:

@joongielove: my friend wore something similar to that with tights and plain flats. the thing that didn't make it look plain looking was that her hair was in a cute bun and she had a flower headband thing goin' on haha.

okay thanks!
    dongbangshinki<3
    keep the faith.

• c9202c9202 Posts: 455Member

ROOKIE

11407952-02.jpg

I just got this top from F21. I wanna wear jeans with it but I feel like I need some sort of jacket but I don't know what. Any ideas?
  • xstarBURSTxstarBURST no. somewhere in a box.Posts: 4,724Member

IDOL

42304_1_TBABATON_42304_WHITECAPGREY_GREY.JPG.jpg

Waht can I wear that with aside from Jeggings or Black skinny jeans?
  • stephshinestephshine Posts: 13Member
    c9202 wrote on 17 March 2012 - 02:10 PM:

*quoted image*

I just got this top from F21. I wanna wear jeans with it but I feel like I need some sort of jacket but I don't know what. Any ideas?

That's so cute! I think it looks really cute without anything over, but if you don't want to show your arms too much, or it's cold, I'd say maybe a white blazer (nothing too formal) or even a jean jacket could look nice too. 
  • celerycelery Posts: 466Member
    I'm wearing a super simple black dress for prom, so I was hoping you guys would give some recommendations on how to accessorize :) I'm going to wear those shoes, so everything else is up for grabs (headpiece, earrings, bracelet?)

PromDressFinal.jpg
     "I do my thing and you do your thing. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. You are you and I am I and if by chance we find each other, it�s beautiful."
                  Frederick Peris

• hippo_buddyhippo_buddy Posts: 2New Member
    i'm wearing a  ruby rox tie back pick-up dress (you can find images on google or jc penny) to a sort of prom-like meeting, but school dress code still applies and i need to cover up my shoulders if this is gonna work. XD its tiered and has a kind of black and white flowery pattern on it.
    any ideas??

thank you!!
    this is my first post on soompi.... what a great place. :)
  • anlianli Posts: 193Member
    hippo_buddy wrote on 27 March 2012 - 04:17 PM:

i'm wearing a  ruby rox tie back pick-up dress (you can find images on google or jc penny) to a sort of prom-like meeting, but school dress code still applies and i need to cover up my shoulders if this is gonna work. XD its tiered and has a kind of black and white flowery pattern on it.
    any ideas??

thank you!!
    this is my first post on soompi.... what a great place. :)

Black bolero? You can get a satiny one to match the texture of the dress, or a lacy one maybe.
    I Am Not High Fashion (blog)
    Looking for Taiwanese stores that ship overseas? Check out this list!
    Tokyo Fashion review and shopping guide // PG Beauty review and shopping guide
  • omfg_machomfg_mach Posts: 127Member

ROOKIE

I'm thinking about getting a timbuk2 cause I need a bag for school. But....(I feel like this is such a silly question to ask sweatingbullets.gif) I'm not totally sure what outfits I would wear with the bag?..if that makes any sense? Cause I'm pretty sure lacy, floral things wouldn't match the bag..?