Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not Eating Cold Stuff When You Are On Your Period

Replies

• jazlynjazlyn Boojae love ? Mraw~Posts: 152Member
    Lol thats what my friend told me too. Strangely, i only crave for cold things when im on my period. Maybe that's why my period usually lasts for 10 days. image Oh and i heard you're not supposed to wash your hair too? I think that's a myth tho.
  • 1S0ULL1S0ULL goodday :) CanadaPosts: 4,508Member
    My aunt always yells at me when I drink cold drinks when I'm on my period >_>
    It's supposed to make my cramps worse :\

TVXQFOREVER
    always keep the faith
    my brand of heroine;KIMJAEJOONG
    ♥2PM; OK TAECYEON♥
  • crazypiloveecrazypilovee USAPosts: 682Member
    i agree with it! when i eat cold stuff it hurts more.. in general if my stomach's cold it'll hurt more..
  • bonbonsbonbons The MUA D.C. baby!Posts: 5,754Member

IDOL

I get bad cramps when I eat cold stuff, other than that I'm fine haha~ one time I had a lapse of judgment and I had an ice cream bar, boy on boy there was painnn for like the next day omg.
  • anjuu62anjuu62 Posts: 803Member
    when i do more blood comes out x__x

• melonmelon We've got a city to love! Posts: 1,320Member
    It's occasionally true for me. I would get stomach pains (not really cramps though) and have diarrhea.
    My mom told me to cut down the cold stuff during my periods but I don't really listen. image
  • Sasha100Sasha100 NoR*Cal for lifePosts: 666Member
    QUOTE (ringo<3 @ Jun 18 2008, 07:21 PM) »
    actually for me, drinking/eating iced things give me SUPER PAINFUL CRAMPS. OMG..the next day I have to take Midol.

So I guess it's true for me.

OMG I took midol on the day I got my period and I was dying because of all the painful cramps I got. Then I took like 2 pills of Advil and finally it got better.

I ate ice cream only once on my period, and nothing really happened, but I heard eating cold stuff on your period makes you fat? Is that true ???image
  • MOOSTAR*MOOSTAR* Big Bangified <3 Posts: 1,332Member
    I eat everything and anything when I'm PMSing image Especially since I crave stuff. Haha. I don't get cramps that much. Just once in a while, theres a sharp pain out of nowhere and I'd have to sit down. But it goes away in like 2 minutes.
  • v i t a ✖ d o l c ev i t a ✖ d o l c e Posts: 315Member
    Ive heard that from lots of people too.
    my mom said that when she eats alot of cold stuff while on her period it makes her have worse cramps than usual but then i do it sometimes cuz i eat so much ice cream haha.. anyways for me i dont have worse cramps.
    so that makes me think that it depends on the person and how thier body works with cramps.
  • xgotzzricexxgotzzricex la la la Posts: 3,367Member
    I always eat ice cream.
    It doesn't make a difference.
  • anichianichi Your BathtubPosts: 161Member
    QUOTE (jazlyn @ Jul 5 2008, 01:05 PM) »
    Lol thats what my friend told me too. Strangely, i only crave for cold things when im on my period. Maybe that's why my period usually lasts for 10 days. image Oh and i heard you're not supposed to wash your hair too? I think that's a myth tho.

Lol, for the hair washing part, my mom told me not to wash my hair by crouching ( head->/| <-feet, making a 45* angle towards the ground or by ducking) because the blood would rush to your head and causes black circles to your eyes or something
    i dont know if that's true but I never tried it.. because I always wash my hair standing up haha xD
    now active.now active.now active.now active.now active.now active.now active.now active.now active.
    click this for my shop.click this for my shop.click this for my shop.click this for my shop.click this for my shop.

/l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

now active.now active.now active.now active.now active.now active.now active.now active.now active.
    click this for my shop.click this for my shop.click this for my shop.click this for my shop.click this for my shop.
  • redvelvet.redvelvet. previously kaythee `x Posts: 3,052Member

IDOL

thats what my best friend said to me too
    she said your suppose to eat warm stuff
    but idk
    i still eat ice-cream and all but i dont get cramps or anything
    icon & banner by
     thefadingnight 

banner1_.jpg
    Writing ♥ Death Glare - what are you staring at?  
  • lilvivix007lilvivix007 Vinnie CaliforniaPosts: 155Member
    edited July 2008
    My mom told me if you eat/drink cold things while on your period, makes it run[?] longer.
    &It's actually true for me because when I wanted water, I went to the fridge &she told me to get warm water instead but I didn't listen and it extended from 5-7days to 13 days! TToTT [and I kept drinking cold water, &eating icecream during my period]
    After the 8th day i was like " o.o; smooooooth move I made there.... =____= "
    My Requests !(:
    Help me ! Got any Big Bang things ?!
  • ashleyk1226ashleyk1226 CaliforniPosts: 74Member
    Eating/drinking cold things make my cramps worse. >.< Even FEELING cold makes my cramps worse.. Maybe its just my brain playing tricks on me but once I was sitting in the bathroom doing my business & the AC vent is blowing directly at me.. and my cramps seemed to get worse >.<
    June 15, 2007<3
  • chocolate//chocolate// canada&lt;3Posts: 1,935Member
    i don't think it is bad for your healh or anything but eating/drinking cold things do make my cramps worse
  • rufflezzrufflezz i go vroom vroom Posts: 6,735Friend of Soompi
    My period ends quicker whenever I eat cold food, err.. then it comes back and ends longer when I don't.
    I'm currently semi hiatus at the moment due to school.
    *still pm me please, although it might take awhile to reply!
    I think it depends on the person. My mom always tells me not to eat cold things during my period, she says it makes her cramps worse, but it doesn't seem to make a big difference to me.
    1 | 2
  • bluberri_oreobluberri_oreo NYCPosts: 753Member
    I drink lots of cold stuff when I have my period and it doesn't affect me one bit. But ... I don't get cramps during my period anyways.
  • hisharihishari Posts: 1,779Member

IDOL

That's what my mom always says...but I do it anyway.
    My cramps are the same old same old
  • robotomyrobotomy Posts: 2,607Member

IDOL

my mom usually gives me cold stuff when I'm on my period. xD
    LJ
    LAST.FM