Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

The Lee Hyori Thread

Replies

• hibiscusdollhibiscusdoll ?? Posts: 1,273Member
    edited July 2008
    oh wow i luv those pics of hyori on the previous page thnx for sharing! hyori unnie looks so beautiful ^^ her makeup is awesome ..so funky n colorful XD
  • BLurBLurBLurBLur Posts: 2,346Member
    edited July 2008
    @.@ at the huge limited edition CD package.... image mine is on the way... hopefully i can get it by the end of this week.... i know it will be big.. but didnt expect it to be this huge... hahaha.. btw.. did anyone order their copy from yesasia?? how did the poster turn out to be?? any pictures of it to share??

and image image the lovely pictures posted by Kina & Sabrina ..... Hyori looks sooooooooooo beautiful....... the green outfits is the Jjang !!!!! image someone pls tell me the poster is made up of one of those pictures of her in the green outfit... then ill be in heaven... hahahahahha.. image
    banner credits: Dark Angel
    | The Brown Eyed Girls Forum |
  • knockblockknockblock Posts: 3,733Member

IDOL

I haven't kept up with Hyori in a while. So I'm back here seeing what is going on with her now. She seems to be doing good. I'll say that looking at her never gets old.
  • YOUNGJOOxYOUNGJOOx Posts: 429Member
    I WANT THE LIMITED EDITION. i thought it would be small and all but if its that big, then jyeah. i'm buying it for sure.

do you guys know if its still on yesasia?
    oh, and those pics are HAWT.
  • lild7hinalild7hina Posts: 129Member
    it's still available for purchase on yesasia and is number 1 for the korean portion of yesasia image but they raised the price to $21.99 i ordered mine for $17.99 and mine already shipped out except i kinda forgot how to track with yesasia....image
  • joolee.joolee. i <3 l e e h y o r i ! Vancouver, BCPosts: 11,349Member

IDOL

Wow, the pictures from her MV looks great, I love the close up shots of her. image HyoRi looks drop dead gorgeous, she has such flawless skin. Thanks so much for posting those pictures up! I love them. image
  • ashleesimpsonashleesimpson Posts: 4,619Member

TRAINEE

QUOTE (SillyYun @ Jul 23 2008, 05:42 AM) »
    http://spn.edaily.co.kr/entertain/newsRead...mp;curtype=read

Lee Hyori and Jang Keun Suk will be the first guests to be in the YASHIM MAN MAN SEASON 2 broadcast on 28th, where they will reveal their real self and talking about themselves and activities such as dancing and other stuffs. The article also talks about Jang Keun Suk being rarely on these kind of shows, they'll be doing alot of other things besides just plain talking etc...

Lets wait for it image

it's season 2 of YSMM
    I can't wait for it
    I saw hyori in the news of YSMM today
    I saw her crying, I wonder what did she say.
    hope someone can translate this show after it airs
  • chaserj7chaserj7 Posts: 2,174Member
    QUOTE (jshin77 @ Jul 22 2008, 04:29 PM) »
    Just got my Limited Edition Hyori Album!!!!! Thought it would be a regular size cd but its almost big as a vinyl record. Anyways get photos and good album.

omg me too! i was shocked by the size of the box! but the photobook and everything is awesome.. omgggg... T_T

Shinhwa banner credits: jangneri
  • BLurBLurBLurBLur Posts: 2,346Member
    QUOTE (chaserj7 @ Jul 23 2008, 11:10 PM) »
    omg me too! i was shocked by the size of the box! but the photobook and everything is awesome.. omgggg... T_T

urs have arrived??? oh my....... mine is still on the way... hope i can receive it by the end of the week... really excited.... y does it take soooo long.. image

btw.. did yesasia send u the poster that comes with the limited edition CD??? what kinda poster is it?? image

so Hyori's gonna be on YSMM season 2..... i pray that someone will do translations for it.. cause YSMM is all bout the talking... if not i would be laughing and crying ( image ) together with Hyori without knowing what im laughing/crying about.. xD

banner credits: Dark Angel
    | The Brown Eyed Girls Forum |

TRAINEE

QUOTE (BLurBLur @ Jul 23 2008, 05:26 PM) »
    so Hyori's gonna be on YSMM season 2..... i pray that someone will do translations for it.. cause YSMM is all bout the talking... if not i would be laughing and crying ( image ) together with Hyori without knowing what im laughing/crying about.. xD

yes, I hope that someone can translate it for us.
    I wanna know what did she say, and why did she cry?
  • MissSnowzMissSnowz Posts: 813Member
    edited July 2008

Sexy singing diva E Hyo-lee has been chosen as Korea's most powerful celebrity leading the fashion industry.

The cable channel "Olive" said E Hyo-lee nabbed the number one spot in a recent survey conducted prior to a brand new show hosted by supermodel and actress Byun Jung-soo.

Some 50 reporters for leading fashion magazines took part in the survey.

Fashion designer Andre Kim and actor Cho In-sung followed closely behind in the second and third spots, respectively. Other celebrities that made the top 10 list include model Hye Park, singer and actress Uhm Jung-hwa, actress Kim Min-hee, designer Gee Chun-hee, designer Jung Kuho, actress Hwang Shin-hye and model Kim Dong-soo

source: kbes global
    Credit to Mina07
  • pnaichipnaichi RentonPosts: 531Member
    inside her new album...

does anyone know when her next performance is??
    SHINee FOREVER

TRAINEE

QUOTE (pnaichi @ Jul 23 2008, 09:38 PM) »
    inside her new album...
    does anyone know when her next performance is??

wow the inside of her new album looks greatttttttttttt image image
    I think her next perf. is tomorrow Fuly 24th, right?
  • scribbles*scribbles* Posts: 2,215Member

IDOL

edited July 2008
    Okay okay-- after being ten million years late on spazzing over it after it's HYORISH finally released, I'm here to say my reviews on it all! WOO HOO.

Get ready for some essay-long ramblings...though of course you can just skip it if you choose, lol.

THE ALBUM

I love it. But not just because I'm a Hyori fanatic and not because I'm saying it's something that's an objectively mindblowing album amongst others-- but because I think I set my expectactions for it so down low that almost anything would've sounded good to me, and even on top of that, the songs themseles really are awesome. I know this should be illegal to say as a fan, but throughout Hyori's career in her time at DSP, everything I anticipated for in terms of albums always failed what I anticipated. I love her as a star and her voice-- though it's not the best, I love the way it sounds but her albums were never that great to me, to be perfectly honest. The only songs I really ever loved were her Anycall ones and there were a couple on her albums that grew on me after time but to be generally frank, they always kind of disappointed me in some level. Not to mention that plagiarism accusations left and right and similarities here and there-- everything up till this point ultimately put my standards for her albums to rock bottom. For her third album-- I definitely wasn't looking forward to it as much as I was just hoping it wasn't going to be something that other people can talk crap about. (Regardless of what outcome, I hate it when people talk crap about her stuff I know she worked hard on.) Although I was going to support her 100% as I always do matter what, I really wasn't expecting that much.

But all of that immediately disappeared once I heard the album, and now it's all I ever listen to 24/7<3

Her voice improved so much without a DOUBT, and the quality of the songs were definitely well enough to be worth wait for after 2 and a half years. Comparing it all to the rest of the world of music, I don't know and don't really care for but because there was so much more improvement from Hyori HERSELF, I'm so happy and proud of it and it's all just super Hyorish. Haha<3

More than anything, I think I love this album the most even more because half the songs she wrote herself, and all her lyrics are just...I love them. I actually always loved loved love Hyori as a writer because everything she wrote always touched me, especially when they were things about her life-- which her lyrics for these songs were too. Because I love them so much, I'm going to do my best and translate at least the songs that were written by her (unless they were already somewhere else) because they show so much more of who she is, and I think you guys would get to know her a lot more. But even apart from that, the fast songs are so cool to listen to and all her featurings were hot hot hot! I was majorly disappointed that Eric wasn't part of this like they said, but it's all good, and trust that their duo will be revealed sometime else real soon! =D I would go over each song if this were just a thread of my own but I don't want to bore anybody even more with that, lol, so-- I particularly loved the songs: Lesson, Photo Gallery, A Barber's Daughter, PPP, Unusual and Red Car when I first heard them, but now my favorites are: Invincible Lee Hyori, Lesson, U-Go-Girl, Photo Gallery, Don't Cry, PPP, and Unusual. But there isn't a song I hate/don't like<333333 Basically, this album rocks. I can't wait to get my hands on mine!

THE MUSIC VIDEO: U-GO-GIRL

Oh my god, this music video changed EVERYTHING about the song for me. Can we say, BEST MV IN KOREA, EVER? I'm seriously not just saying that but I really think all the money that could've went in this video, was totally worth it. The colors, the settings, the clothes, the makeup, HYORI-- everythig about it was cute AND sexy at the SAME FREAKING TIME. She looked SOOOOOOO gorgeous throughout the whole thing, and I can't get over the "OK!" dance/part of the video. It's so cute but hot too! She looked extra hot in that pink skirt during the "OK!" dance routine and the choreography is just *_* I love the whole comic book look along with the retro theme, and I'm sorry, but does Hyori look hot as heck as a manican doll or WHUT. Holy cow-- as obvious as it should be by now after 10 years, her music might not exactly be Mariah Carey, but the woman is too hot. This video made that (somewhat) annoying song SO CATCHY and CUTE and totally for the summertime<3

The one thing I didn't like about it though was the part about the plastic surgery. It might be funny or *shrugs* to Koreans bc plastic surgery is that common, but seriously-- they could've had her take her glasses off or something-- why promote surgery? Aiyah.

Nevertheless, in terms of quality, I think it was pretty much the bombest MV in Korea I have ever seen.

THE COMEBACKS!

Music Bank was awesome. I was so mad bc I stayed up until 1 and fell asleep when I planned to stay up till 2:30 to watch it live ! Argh-- but I did watch it and man is Hyori boss on stage. Her Invincible Lee Hyori performance was beyond awesome and couldn't believe she was singing live! The dance break was phenomonal and she did a GREAT JOB! The U-GO-GIRL perf on MUBANK was my favorite-- and she looked like she was having fun on stage which I love. The changing-the-clothes-move was so creative and fit the song perfectly! The dressing room doors! I so want one in my room, lol. Music core was okay-- loved the earrings haha, and her shorts are eally cute. <3 But by far, the best IMO was INKI GAYO'S COMEBACK! OH MY GEE, her entrance at the beginning was beyond unbelievable and did you guys see her SHOES?! How the heck did she dance in that? T____T Almost flawless performance and so so so gorgeous. Speaking of gorgeous, it's been so long since Hyori fancily put her hair up like her PhotoGallery perf so seeing her that way was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo WOW. She looked so hot in that dress and her perf for that song was also so good! I laughed when the "rapper" startied comin hahhahahah. She did such a good job, I loved it. Bc it was after 3 songs, I think she tired out or smthn cus I thought the UGG perf in the inki gayo was a little weak, but still good neverhteless!

These comebacks were really, I think,one of the best in Koeran pop and I'm so happy it was all Hyori<3333333

SIGH okay-- I know I def had a lot more to say but I suppose those are my general thoughts.

I love this new album, I love her hot comeback, and I'm so happy that everything is working out well!

But YES, Yen, Brian, Sue, Janice, Christian, Mary, and everybody in the Hyori thread-- I missed you so. T___T

And to all newcomers...though actually, not really posting for so long, I'm probably the newcomer now-- but either way, HELLO HELLO, I'm Susie-- Hyori fan of 9.5 years and have been really enjoying all your new posts! Thanks for the pics/news everyone, I couldn't live my Hyori obsession without you!

Okay well, I'll see you guys later. Keep up the support!

LEE HYORI, FIGHTING!

• doggieusadoggieusa CALIFORNIAPosts: 1,221Friend of Soompi

ROOKIE

Reposted from the KDrama News Thread:
    **credit Rubie**

July 23, 2008

E-Hyo Lee Chosen as Korea's Most Powerful Fashionista

Sexy singing diva E Hyo-lee has been chosen as Korea's most powerful celebrity leading the fashion industry.

The cable channel "Olive" said E Hyo-lee nabbed the number one spot in a recent survey conducted prior to a brand new show hosted by supermodel and actress Byun Jung-soo.

Some 50 reporters for leading fashion magazines took part in the survey.

Fashion designer Andre Kim and actor Cho In-sung followed closely behind in the second and third spots, respectively. Other celebrities that made the top 10 list include model Hye Park, singer and actress Uhm Jung-hwa, actress Kim Min-hee, designer Gee Chun-hee, designer Jung Kuho, actress Hwang Shin-hye and model Kim Dong-soo.

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/new...6107_11858.html

yurilarrynd3.jpg

Thank you Van for the banner

• MissBoAngelMissBoAngel Montrea,CanadaPosts: 1,851Member

ROOKIE

WOW AT THE IC PICTURESS *__*
    That woman is pretyyy fineee! lmao.

I agree with scribbles*' review... although i never really was a hyori fan, he/she basically said everything i wanted to say about her comeback.. except i spazzed a bit less then her/him. lol image
    Please read the signature rules
  • jj's lovejj's love SingaporePosts: 45Member
    edited July 2008
    OMG scribbles* ur a 9.5 years fan?! THAT IS SO WOW.
    reading ur post just makes me hyperventilates and cant wait to watch her performances.
    oh btw, if u ever come across any of her song translations, pls do post it here!! im not korean so i dun understand any of her songs. BUT i love them anyway!!

I LOVE HYORI!! pretty at 29. she is 29 right?!!
    IM 22, from singapore. just call me andee.
    I WANNA JOIN HYORI'S LOVERS FANLISTING!
    DBSK FOREVER LOVE.
  • FLY HIGHHHFLY HIGHHH los angelesPosts: 1,300Member

ROOKIE

the album is SO GOOD. i was expecting a lot and it really fulfilled my expectations and MORE. i cant wait to see her in YSMM.
  • sweet sweetsweet sweet Posts: 26Member
    her album is amazing first when i heard she was going to have another album out i thought it was going to be a hip hop feeling like cd
    like her song 10 min and toc toc toc somthing like that but when she came out with u go girl i was like oh her album is going to be
    really popish if you know wat i mean but then when i listen to all her song on it's hyorish i was blown away she have all different kind of song
    from hip hop to jazz to pop and song that just makes you feel good!!!! imageimageimageimage
  • FLY HIGHHHFLY HIGHHH los angelesPosts: 1,300Member

ROOKIE

wow you wrote a really long sentence there sweet_Sweet. yes i agree, theres so much variety in her songs. they are all very different.