Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How To Wake Up Deep Sleepers?

tofu plushietofu plushie Posts: 3,172Member
edited June 2008 in fitness & sports
I have problem with being very deep sleeper. I sleep straight through my alarms clocks even if they are right next to my bed. I have 3 alarms: one of those digital clocks, cellphone alarm, and an application on my computer that sets off an alarm. Yet even then I don't even hear them in the morning >.>

I didn't have this problem last year in fact, I use to be a very light sleeper and I would wake up a lot. Now this year, I can sleep through anything even if I get enough sleep I have to wake up on my body's terms. This is problem is I stay have to stay up to study for finals but, I don't want to fall asleep and sleep through my final.

I once almost missed a final last quarter but I actually woke up 5 min. before and dashed off to class. Also, I don't have a room mate so there's no one to wake me up.

Is there any tips on how I can wake up with some sort of alarm? I don't know why I am such a deep sleeper now even if I get plenty of rest...

Comments

• xsilentangelxsilentangel BostonPosts: 6,534Member
    Is your cell phone alarm just a ringtone being played?
    Mine is on vibrate so it vibrates right under my pillow..
    If I had a radio alarm clock I wouldn't wake up either!
    You should put your cell on vibrate and right under your pillow.
    Just incase, you could ask your mom or dad, or a sibling to help wake you up? Or get a friend to call you?
    10936546.pngAviCeltics6.png
  • mintcrackermintcracker Posts: 7,283Member

IDOL

edited June 2008
    I used to be like you, my problem now is it's hard for me to get up despite me hearing my alarm go off.

The only way is set your alarm reallly loud, place it on the other side of the room

have your cell phone ring as well, but put it on vibration as well, and when you're sleeping, hold the phone.

That helps me.

oh and I own some alarms that continue to scream in japanese, and doesn't stop yelling until I shut it off lol, so get one of those.
  • princepandaprincepanda Posts: 415Member
    edited June 2008
    you should use the original metal bell alarm clocks
    with the hammer hitting two bells there clocks are far more powerful in make sounds that hits your ears
    i have one of them and it always wakes me up also have three other clocks my phone and some digital alarm
    la la la la la la weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • cherii2007cherii2007 AustraliaPosts: 745Member
    lol I'm bad at that too. I had about...4 alarms on my old phone. After the first one I'd usually turn it to silent and fall back asleep. HAHA.

Having the alarm at the other side of the room works, especially if your ringtone thing is annoying. Don't use soothing ringtones, because it'll make you sleepy. Anyway, it gets you out of bed, and with any luck you'll wake up before jumping back into bed.

Radio alarms don't work for me. I have it anyways, but if I could, I'd set mine to the buzzer. (my new one doesn't have that setting >_<) I hate mornings...
  • sujugirlsujugirl anoop desai <3333 Outer SpacePosts: 1,364Member
    Ask someone to make loud noises.. that'll wake u up. for sure ^^
  • drgnclwkdrgnclwk SGVPosts: 221Member
    have you tried setting that computer alarm of yours on almost max volume? that works wonders for me! image
  • RussianButterflyRussianButterfly Patience, young grasshopper Posts: 544Member
    Hit and Run.

You have angered the Sun god Ra, you must make amends immediately.
    I've heard that Ra is a fan of fondue parties.
  • tofu plushietofu plushie Posts: 3,172Member
    QUOTE (xsilentangel @ Jun 9 2008, 03:40 AM) »
    Is your cell phone alarm just a ringtone being played?
    Mine is on vibrate so it vibrates right under my pillow..
    If I had a radio alarm clock I wouldn't wake up either!
    You should put your cell on vibrate and right under your pillow.
    Just incase, you could ask your mom or dad, or a sibling to help wake you up? Or get a friend to call you?

Yeah, my cellphone alarm is only a ringtone, I guess I should put it on vibrate then^^ I live alone in my school apartment so no one can help me wake up and most of friends are still sleeping when I wake up because I have earlier class, lol.

QUOTE (princepanda @ Jun 9 2008, 04:34 AM) »
    you should use the original metal bell alarm clocks
    with the hammer hitting two bells there clocks are far more powerful in make sounds that hits your ears
    i have one of them and it always wakes me up also have three other clocks my phone and some digital alarm

oooh, I use to have one of those when I was younger. It really scared me too, I would shoot straight out of bed to turn that thing off image I really should get one for my apartment, thanks for the suggestion.

QUOTE (drgnclwk @ Jun 9 2008, 05:26 AM) »
    have you tried setting that computer alarm of yours on almost max volume? that works wonders for me! image

Yeah, I set my computer alarm on max volume and still sleep through it image
  • robotomyrobotomy Posts: 2,607Member

IDOL

cold water/ chainsaw/ train horns/ mix of those.
    LJ
    LAST.FM
  • KrnZippoKrnZippo MDPosts: 183Member
    lol iunno i'm a very hard sleeper myself. i tried getting my friends to call me. but even with the loudest setting on my phone they can call 30+ times and i would not wake up... -.- i used to use like 3-4 alarms. but none of them wake me up. lol what used to happen is they would be loud enough to wake up my mom who's in another room. and she gets annoyed and trys to wake me up. but it's even hard for her to wake me up -.- can u send me the computer program u use?
  • AestasAestas Posts: 2,282Member
    i don't think the vibration on the cellphone is strong enough... there are some alarm clocks with separate more powerful vibrators that you place under the pillow too. look it up on amazon?
  • RockStar17RockStar17 We will vacation, you will be my parasol Posts: 1,173Member
    edited June 2008
    I have a digital alarm clock on the ceiling, one on my bedside table, and sometimes I'll have my cellphone alarm on loud on my bed next to me, so you can try that?
  • leejunkifiedleejunkified EuropePosts: 829Member
    Sleep with your courtains open so that the sunlight helps your body adjust and realize it´s daytime. Dawn won´t wake you up (unless the sun´s shining right in your face) but put you in a "light sleep" mode and you´ll hear your alarm clock.

That´s what I do, along with my cellphone and one of those old metal clocks in the opposite side or my room. It really works ^^;;
    그말을 계속 하지마세요

• mars*mars* new york cityPosts: 347Member
    Get those loud metal alarm clocks or de-comfortize your bed and get scratchy blankets and pillows so you'll be constantly bothered image
  • random koohkierandom koohkie CaliforniaPosts: 794Member
    How many hours of sleep do you get a day though o.O
    And you could try putting one of your alarms up even louder,
    but put it across the room so you have to get up in order to turn it off.
  • tofu plushietofu plushie Posts: 3,172Member
    QUOTE (random koohkie @ Jun 9 2008, 02:54 PM) »
    How many hours of sleep do you get a day though o.O
    And you could try putting one of your alarms up even louder,
    but put it across the room so you have to get up in order to turn it off.

I sleep about 7-8 hours a day but, during finals/tests time I admit I sleep less. The problem with my alarms I don't even wake up even if it's right next to my head nevertheless across the room, lol.

• drgnclwkdrgnclwk SGVPosts: 221Member
    lol deep sleeper
    get some 5.1 surround sound speakers and set that on max volume? image
  • minniminni Posts: 118Member
    i used to be such a deep sleeper. i would always end up sleeping thru my alarms even though they go off for an hour. vibration on my cell phone used to help when i was a freshman. during finals week i would stay up all night or sleep in a really uncomfortable position (like sitting up) so i wouldn't risk not getting up. but really the best thing is just to get a good night's sleep as many nights as you can and schedule everything around that. that's the only real guarantee i have for hearing the alarm every morning.
  • sentuhmentalfo0lsentuhmentalfo0l Posts: 3,377Member

ROOKIE

wow..what a deep sleeper
    i have a radio alarm that i leave on my desk
    so when it goes off in the morning, i actually have to get out of my bed to turn it off
    and i use my ipod alarm and my cell to wake me up
    i'm sure if you had a lot of alarms, one of them would make you wake up..maybe..haha
  • viffayeviffaye FROM E TO Q <3 SydneyPosts: 2,987Member
    get mroe alarms nd surround ur whole bed with them !?!?

THE 411 YO!
    SJ LOVE <3