Does Age Really Matter?

Guest la pomme

Guest la pomme

- read first post
EDIT BY MOD:

This is the only thread to discuss EVERYTHING about age differences in relationships. I don't care if you have a problem about big age gaps or just want to voice your opinion on age differences, you are to post EVERYTHING about age differences IN THIS THREAD.

You start a new thread about age differences, it gets closed or merged.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest supa'Wanki

I'm a guy, and I wouldn't mind going out with someone older than me. I mean, people mature at a faster rate than others.

Guest mangchilo

I liked a junior guy when I was a senior in high school. Whatever, I didn't think it was a big deal. The one-year difference only mattered because I knew I was going off to college the next year and he wasn't. Sophomores were more like my little brothers, but there were some pretty hot junior guys.

Anyway, don't let that one year get to you. You're closer in age and maturity level than the girls who go out with guys seven years older than them. If you like him, you like him.

Guest rain_drops

i dated a guy who was a year younger than me when i was in highschool.

we still met each other when i was away for school and he was in highschool.

whocares how other people see it. if you guys really like each other

the age difference wouldn't be important...

Guest Velocitii

nothing wrong with it, its only a year

but you are going to college in a year and he'll still be in hs

college does change people so you never know

Guest yourstruly

hey chill, it's alright. i'm currently dating a guy who's a year younger than me and it's really no big deal. he's a lot more mature and caring than most of the senior guys at my school (i'm a senior). the case might be different though, because my boyfriend skipped a grade. but still, nevertheless, his friends tease him all the time about how it feels like to be dating an older female. it's ok, as long as you guys like each other. nothing really gets in our way, except when we talk about like how he might get caught driving me around illegally... when i won't get caught doing that because i'd be legal by next year. just minor problems. those never ever come up, though. like age difference only happened like twice. we've been dating for almost a year now.

Guest thu011

I just find it funny. I know of this one chick who dates a guy a year younger than her, and he's not the lovi dovi type, and she is. After they went out, he totally turned into a lovi dovi type of girl, it's cute and funny sometimes.

But I personally wouldn't date a guy younger than me, even if it's just .5 -1 year. I think it's just stereotypical I guess, that it's ok for guys to date younger girls, but not around. I just don't like the idea of depending on a guy younger than me.. I don't know.. it feels .. weird.

Guest chibi_seiya

=) I'm currently dating someone whose 11 months younger. And honestly, I find no problem with it. I guess people point it out because they might worry about a "maturity" level that comes with a person's age. But honestly, if you two click, then don't worry about it.

Guest Hikuuu

Dating isn't such a big deal I think. The age difference isn't that big either. I think you should consider when you're nearing the edge of being a pedophile lol.

Guest xt1naaa

Personally, I would'nt date a guy younger than me. But if you like him, and he likes you, then you don't have to care what other people think or say. As long as your happy with it, its all good. B)

Guest cand33clouds

personally, i wouldn't date a guy younger than me unless he's in the same grade level...

but my friend is dating a guy a year younger, and they're really happy together =]

i say go for it. if you like him you like him

Guest koneee

He's only 1 year younger than you, it's not a big deal at all. As long as he shows his mature side it should be ok. Younger guys can me more mature than older guys. It just really depends who the person is. All age groups have their mature and immature people.

personally i`m not a big fan of going out with someone younger

i don`t want people looking at me weirdly

and i definitely don`t want to deal with the immaturity.........................

but i guess if you fall, you fall right?

Guest roguechinadoll

I wouldn't mind dating a guy that's a year or two younger

as long as he's mature enough for a relationship.

Go for it~

Guest masala_chai_tea

I think views on this usually change as you get older. Age becomes a lot less of an issue. If you really like the guy, then go for it.

Archived