Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Eating Too Much Rice Give You A Headache?

sunmoonsunmoon Posts: 235Banned
(foods/diet which gives you a headache?)
when i eat too much rice and not enough of toher stuff with it like meat and vegetables, i get a headache. i guess its a rice headache. i think it comes form the heavy coarbohydrate load of rice without other balancing nutrients. its the usual throbbing headache but not as bad as say a stress headache.

does anyone else here get headcaches from eating too much rice?

some diets/food comnbinations i avoid becuase i know it will cause me a headache, how about you? what foods/diets you know will cause you a headache?

Replies

• Malice_KaiserMalice_Kaiser The Real ? Posts: 12,072Member

IDOL

edited April 2008
    I've never heard of rice causing a headache... Huh.

But Vitamin Water definitely gives me a headache, and so does this acid-free orange juice I tried once. It's weird because it's almost immediate, as soon as I'm done drinking, it kills. X_X I don't know what ingredient it is that does that, I wish I knew so I could avoid it.
    taijivn5.jpg
  • vip_gdvip_gd Forever VIP HKPosts: 11,243Member

IDOL

edited April 2008
    noo ..
    i eat rice like everyday
    rice, rice cakes, rice noodles, rice balls, rice pudding, brown rice
    and the list goes on!!
    mmmm i want some rice right now
    but lemon tea gives me headaches sometimes .. idk why
    probably the acidity or something
  • sunmoonsunmoon Posts: 235Banned
    QUOTE (vip_gd @ Apr 30 2008, 05:52 AM) »
    noo ..
    i eat rice like everyday
    rice, rice cakes, rice noodles, rice balls, rice pudding, brown rice
    and the list goes on!!
    mmmm i want some rice right now
    but lemon tea gives me headaches sometimes .. idk why
    probably the acidity or something

but when you eat your rice... you eat it as a meal with other things right? like with vegie or soup or...... if snacks then with a drink (though for me just eating a rice snack is not too good..)
  • EliannaElianna USAPosts: 364Member
    Rice never gave me a headache but certain foods I have to avoid or else like gummy candy or cheese cake
  • lananhcali18lananhcali18 OCPosts: 1,367Member
    Hahaha...no headache but bloating and big fat tummy yeah! lolz
    I love rice...never have problem with them.
    "You're placed in my heart, just like my tattoo."
    MY 411

• akira53akira53 AieaPosts: 7,842Friend of Soompi

IDOL

That's really weird o_O
    I eat it everyday and I'm fine. No foods in particular will give me a headache.
  • CabbageCabbage Posts: 255Member
    Rice as an essential food for Asian, I ate rice almost everyday when I was living with my parents
    When there was a time, I just having fast food as my main meal, no matter how many drumsticks or nuggets I ate, I still lack of energy.

Now, I feel grateful whenver I can eat rice, as the price of rice is soaring XD

PHS brought me a GIFT this September and I'm awaiting for Liyin's this coming October
    imageimage

From a Chocolate to a Butthurt Chocolate, I'm still believe in love and believe in ZLY
    Check out ZLY's performances over You Tube ; Check out PHS's performances over You Tube
  • Honey.beeHoney.bee ? beepPosts: 6,094Member
    edited May 2008
    QUOTE (akira53 @ Apr 30 2008, 02:34 PM) »
    That's really weird o_O
    I eat it everyday and I'm fine. No foods in particular will give me a headache.

Ditto. I don't know about rice giving headaches and I never heard of it. People always say there's nothing I can't eat. Lol, true. image But yeah, I eat rice everyday with my family, but it's perfectly fine with no headaches.

Anyways, maybe it's the other foods that making you get a headache? Or is there any other particular foods that you eat execpt rice? Maybe that's what causes you headaches. (:
    twitter
  • Yui.Yui. blinkie © babybara Posts: 2,640Member

IDOL

rice also contains alot of surgar.

it could also be the surgar and carbs too.?
    8ggsmy0.gif
    [ ] -Yui
  • sunmoonsunmoon Posts: 235Banned
    QUOTE (Honey.bee @ Apr 30 2008, 06:11 PM) »
    Ditto. I don't know about rice giving headaches and I never heard of it. People always say there's nothing I can't eat. Lol, true. image But yeah, I eat rice everyday with my family, but it's perfectly fine with no headaches.

Anyways, maybe it's the other foods that making you get a headache? Or is there any other particular foods that you eat execpt rice? Maybe that's what causes you headaches. (:

you guys are right i think it is the sugar and carbs.

well idont htink it is the other fiods. its the rice because a sure way for me to get a headache is to eat 1 half plate of pure rice, nothing else and then do it again say 3-4 hours later. if i eat the rice and i dont eat enough of say vegie or meat mixed in or as a side dish on the rice i will also risk a heaache. so im always careful to et a well ablanced meal or else --- headache -.-

i often wonder if its just my weak physiology...

• silver_silver_ gd-ise is my poopiee Posts: 2,693Member
    NOPE.
    @_@ it shouldn't maybe you should see a doctor
  • abviolinplayerabviolinplayer GeorgiaaaPosts: 1,957Member
    hmm never heard of it....I don't think there's any food that gives me headaches though. Only if I don't get my morning coffee I get a headache. >.<
  • KuYA IIKuYA II "We Are One..." Posts: 5,627Member
    what type of rice?

If its white rice try changing it to brown rice since it is more healthier....but if it still gives you a headache than maybe try to counsult with a nutritionist (sp?)
    [credit] JeannieV. "Take my revolution.."
    "Even if the two of us are ever torn apart...
    I SWEAR
    that..I will change the world.."

• FaLCoFaLCo TorontoPosts: 154Member
    Never heard of that. Usually I just eat too much and it can't get down my esophagus (sp?) and I'm in discomfort for 5 seconds.

And then I shove in more rice image
  • AntzAntz 211107 ? Perth, AustraliaPosts: 16,953Member

IDOL

o__O i never get a headache from eating rice. that's strange. :/
    ❥
    tumblr twitter
  • busagiboobusagiboo Home: Toronto;; School: WaterlooPosts: 1,960Member
    I've never heard of this. o.o And I've never gotten headaches from rice because some days I'll only eat rice as a meal and nothing else. But this hasn't happened to me.

I have a couple of friends who get headaches from eating tapioca; the bubbles in bubble tea. Would that sort of be like this?

everyday, it's You i live for...
  • pepprmintpepprmint Posts: 2,050Member

ROOKIE

hmm...i have no problem with rice..
    but eating too much fatty/oily stuff at once (like duck skins!!) gives me a huuuuge headache >.<
  • emc123emc123 the cold, very cold north *sighPosts: 1,199Member
    i've never had a prob w/ rice but honey always gives me a headache. not sure why but can't take more than a teaspoon or i feel like ><
    There are many worlds,
    But they share the same sky-
    One sky, one destiny.
  • hae meehae mee Posts: 383Member
    Not rice, but I can't eat homemade soft tacos or this one type of frozen pizza because I get a headache. It's so weird haha image
  • apple_apple_ San DiegoPosts: 149Member
    when i was about 11, soda started to give me headaches.... so ive stopped drinking soda for 6 years..... im 17 =) i guess its a good thing. cuz now i never crave soda.