Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

Does Eating Too Much Rice Give You A Headache?

sunmoonsunmoon Posts: 235Banned
(foods/diet which gives you a headache?)
when i eat too much rice and not enough of toher stuff with it like meat and vegetables, i get a headache. i guess its a rice headache. i think it comes form the heavy coarbohydrate load of rice without other balancing nutrients. its the usual throbbing headache but not as bad as say a stress headache.

does anyone else here get headcaches from eating too much rice?

some diets/food comnbinations i avoid becuase i know it will cause me a headache, how about you? what foods/diets you know will cause you a headache?

Replies

• Malice_KaiserMalice_Kaiser The Real ? Posts: 12,072Member

IDOL

edited April 2008
    I've never heard of rice causing a headache... Huh.

But Vitamin Water definitely gives me a headache, and so does this acid-free orange juice I tried once. It's weird because it's almost immediate, as soon as I'm done drinking, it kills. X_X I don't know what ingredient it is that does that, I wish I knew so I could avoid it.
    taijivn5.jpg
  • vip_gdvip_gd Forever VIP HKPosts: 11,243Member

IDOL

edited April 2008
    noo ..
    i eat rice like everyday
    rice, rice cakes, rice noodles, rice balls, rice pudding, brown rice
    and the list goes on!!
    mmmm i want some rice right now
    but lemon tea gives me headaches sometimes .. idk why
    probably the acidity or something
  • sunmoonsunmoon Posts: 235Banned
    QUOTE (vip_gd @ Apr 30 2008, 05:52 AM) »
    noo ..
    i eat rice like everyday
    rice, rice cakes, rice noodles, rice balls, rice pudding, brown rice
    and the list goes on!!
    mmmm i want some rice right now
    but lemon tea gives me headaches sometimes .. idk why
    probably the acidity or something

but when you eat your rice... you eat it as a meal with other things right? like with vegie or soup or...... if snacks then with a drink (though for me just eating a rice snack is not too good..)
  • EliannaElianna USAPosts: 364Member
    Rice never gave me a headache but certain foods I have to avoid or else like gummy candy or cheese cake
  • lananhcali18lananhcali18 OCPosts: 1,367Member
    Hahaha...no headache but bloating and big fat tummy yeah! lolz
    I love rice...never have problem with them.
    "You're placed in my heart, just like my tattoo."
    MY 411

• akira53akira53 AieaPosts: 7,842Friend of Soompi

IDOL

That's really weird o_O
    I eat it everyday and I'm fine. No foods in particular will give me a headache.
  • CabbageCabbage Posts: 255Member
    Rice as an essential food for Asian, I ate rice almost everyday when I was living with my parents
    When there was a time, I just having fast food as my main meal, no matter how many drumsticks or nuggets I ate, I still lack of energy.

Now, I feel grateful whenver I can eat rice, as the price of rice is soaring XD

PHS brought me a GIFT this September and I'm awaiting for Liyin's this coming October
    imageimage

From a Chocolate to a Butthurt Chocolate, I'm still believe in love and believe in ZLY
    Check out ZLY's performances over You Tube ; Check out PHS's performances over You Tube
  • Honey.beeHoney.bee ? beepPosts: 6,094Member

IDOL

edited May 2008
    QUOTE (akira53 @ Apr 30 2008, 02:34 PM) »
    That's really weird o_O
    I eat it everyday and I'm fine. No foods in particular will give me a headache.

Ditto. I don't know about rice giving headaches and I never heard of it. People always say there's nothing I can't eat. Lol, true. image But yeah, I eat rice everyday with my family, but it's perfectly fine with no headaches.

Anyways, maybe it's the other foods that making you get a headache? Or is there any other particular foods that you eat execpt rice? Maybe that's what causes you headaches. (:
    twitter
  • Yui.Yui. blinkie © babybara Posts: 2,640Member

IDOL

rice also contains alot of surgar.

it could also be the surgar and carbs too.?
    8ggsmy0.gif
    [ ] -Yui
  • sunmoonsunmoon Posts: 235Banned
    QUOTE (Honey.bee @ Apr 30 2008, 06:11 PM) »
    Ditto. I don't know about rice giving headaches and I never heard of it. People always say there's nothing I can't eat. Lol, true. image But yeah, I eat rice everyday with my family, but it's perfectly fine with no headaches.

Anyways, maybe it's the other foods that making you get a headache? Or is there any other particular foods that you eat execpt rice? Maybe that's what causes you headaches. (:

you guys are right i think it is the sugar and carbs.

well idont htink it is the other fiods. its the rice because a sure way for me to get a headache is to eat 1 half plate of pure rice, nothing else and then do it again say 3-4 hours later. if i eat the rice and i dont eat enough of say vegie or meat mixed in or as a side dish on the rice i will also risk a heaache. so im always careful to et a well ablanced meal or else --- headache -.-

i often wonder if its just my weak physiology...

• silver_silver_ gd-ise is my poopiee Posts: 2,693Member
    NOPE.
    @_@ it shouldn't maybe you should see a doctor
  • abviolinplayerabviolinplayer GeorgiaaaPosts: 1,957Member
    hmm never heard of it....I don't think there's any food that gives me headaches though. Only if I don't get my morning coffee I get a headache. >.<
  • KuYA IIKuYA II Posts: 5,627Member

ROOKIE

what type of rice?

If its white rice try changing it to brown rice since it is more healthier....but if it still gives you a headache than maybe try to counsult with a nutritionist (sp?)
    [credit] JeannieV. "Take my revolution.."
    "Even if the two of us are ever torn apart...
    I SWEAR
    that..I will change the world.."

• FaLCoFaLCo TorontoPosts: 154Member
    Never heard of that. Usually I just eat too much and it can't get down my esophagus (sp?) and I'm in discomfort for 5 seconds.

And then I shove in more rice image
  • AntzAntz 211107 ? Perth, AustraliaPosts: 16,953Member

IDOL

o__O i never get a headache from eating rice. that's strange. :/
    ❥
    tumblr twitter
  • busagiboobusagiboo Home: Toronto;; School: WaterlooPosts: 1,960Member
    I've never heard of this. o.o And I've never gotten headaches from rice because some days I'll only eat rice as a meal and nothing else. But this hasn't happened to me.

I have a couple of friends who get headaches from eating tapioca; the bubbles in bubble tea. Would that sort of be like this?

everyday, it's You i live for...
  • pepprmintpepprmint Posts: 2,050Member

ROOKIE

hmm...i have no problem with rice..
    but eating too much fatty/oily stuff at once (like duck skins!!) gives me a huuuuge headache >.<
  • emc123emc123 the cold, very cold north *sighPosts: 1,199Member
    i've never had a prob w/ rice but honey always gives me a headache. not sure why but can't take more than a teaspoon or i feel like ><
    There are many worlds,
    But they share the same sky-
    One sky, one destiny.
  • hae meehae mee Posts: 383Member
    Not rice, but I can't eat homemade soft tacos or this one type of frozen pizza because I get a headache. It's so weird haha image
  • apple_apple_ San DiegoPosts: 149Member
    when i was about 11, soda started to give me headaches.... so ive stopped drinking soda for 6 years..... im 17 =) i guess its a good thing. cuz now i never crave soda.