Not Even And Straight Teeth- Cute? Oo"

Guest simple.love-x3

Guest simple.love-x3

i've seen many asian girls- mainly japanese- that dont have straight, white, even teeth. its slightly yellow-ish, and juts out in all places. however, they are on beauty magazines, dramas.. etc. (i'll see if i can find pictures...but im sure most of you have seen this everywhere.)

if it's considered cute-- why get braces (as they cost a lot and hurt)? unless your teeth were really bad. i've heard japanese people normally don't get braces since it's cute to have teeth that aren't perfect.

what do you guys think?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just a different standard of beauty. Like in the US almost everyone gets braces because it's considered normal and beautiful to have straight, white teeth. If that standard is what you're raised with and everyone around you is like that... it's natural to consider that to be beautiful. In Japan, crooked teeth are cute and people don't see the need to get braces because, why fix it if it ain't broke haha.

Personally I think it's cute when there's like one crooked tooth maybe. But a whole row of crooked teeth is eh to me.

Guest j1n1i14

i know it's irrational, but my biggest superficial pet peeve has to do with bad teeth. this includes:

- visible plaque on front teeth

- really large front, upper row teeth that stands out when a person smiles or talks

- extremely yellow teeth

it might sound mean, but i don't think the things that bother me are EXTREMELY nitpicky, since the yellow teeth and visible plaque are signs of bad dental hygiene. the really large front teeth are pretty shallow, but it's just a personal preference/opinion... and i'm getting better at not staring at peoples' monster teeth whenever i talk to them.

I'm not sure how scientifically correct I am, but I've heard that straight teeth are easier to clean and stay in better shape than crooked teeth, which translates to a healthier, cleaner mouth.

I just think white, straight teeth are signs of good health, which is why it translates to a better looking smile. (And when I say "white", i don't mean an unnaturally bleached white.)

^

^ yes a different standard of beauty, most celebs dont GET BRACES they get fake teeth -o- i dont know how to spell the name of them -o-

Veneers? Yea it can look good but sometimes it can look overly fake (like Hilary Duff's horse teeth when she first got veneers, and Gary Busey's "chiclet" teeth)

Guest superELLE

What's been mentioned above. I think white, straight teeth are attractive, but I look at the overall face most of all. For some celebrities I think it adds a bit of charm. ;]

Guest simple.love-x3

woah, fake teeth? oO"

mm- i asked because i have like. one tooth that is jutted inwards- and the rest of my teeth are even. im afraid to get braces - so i just keep consoling myself by saying "oh- those japanese girls consider it cute to have one tooth out of place" or something x)

i think it's okay. but yeah. if my teeth were like this pic; id get braces- probably because i live in australia- and most prefer straight, even teeth.

teeth.jpg

Guest loveof

^ i don't think that's cute.. i have a japanese friend and she has sort of bunny teeth but it looks really cute on her cause she's naturally pretty. i guess it's just the overall look of the person.

Guest soniadai<3ftisland

right when i saw your thread i thought about mei mei from blackie.

she is really pretty, except for her teeth. i'll post pictures tomorrow. gtg finish hmk ^^"

Guest My Sweet September

No offense, but if I was a guy, I wouldn't let a girl near my pride-down-below if she had straight up jacked teeth. Yikes!

It can be cute,IMO, if its a few minor imperfections, but when one's teeth look like they got jumbled all around...ehh...not my cup of tea.

Guest Javus

It really depends on the overall face and how crooked the teeth are. I have this one girl in one of my classes that has slightly crooked upper front teeth, but I think it looks really cute on her.

Guest sky.xo

if it's not like a whole row of crooked teeth, it's okay.

that pic up there is.. kinda disturbing.

i don't think i'd ever consider crooked teeth cute, though.

Guest j1n1i14

woah, fake teeth? oO"

mm- i asked because i have like. one tooth that is jutted inwards- and the rest of my teeth are even. im afraid to get braces - so i just keep consoling myself by saying "oh- those japanese girls consider it cute to have one tooth out of place" or something x)

i think it's okay. but yeah. if my teeth were like this pic; id get braces- probably because i live in australia- and most prefer straight, even teeth.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii110/s...ve-x3/teeth.jpg

One crooked teeth is okay as long as it's not overly WHOA!-what-is-that obvious. ^the teeth on that girl is just unacceptable.

Guest qkrcjdfla

I don't know about those Japanese, but I find straight, clean, white teeth to be much more attractive.

teeth say a lot about a person...especially if there is visible plaque and the teeth are noticeably stained

Guest simple.love-x3

meimei from blackie. hang on- ill get few pics on her. i think she's really really pretty. but she has bad teeth- and i think her teeth make her face shape wider around the mouth area..?

but she's still really cute.

another girl from blackie has braces- which I thought was pretty cool, as she's a celebrity and was in a drama- but had braces the whole time.

okay- meimei ::

teeth4.jpgteeth3.jpg

Guest CitrusFlower

I have two bunny teeth but my two main teeth don't stand out like that. erm... I don't know, I thought people weren't attracted to bunny teeth?

Archived