Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shin Hyun Joon 신현준

Replies

• rubierubie hanya tulusnya hati EverythingLBHPosts: 46,810Friend of Soompi

IMMORTAL

The MTM3 gang is back !

Not sure if it's a gimmick or the real thing but they sure look hilariously good! image

IPB Image

Full article at http://stardocu.com/news/read.php?st_seq=19086&cate=AC
    EverythingLBH.com Website * Twitter * Facebook * Fan Forum * MJ&BH
    i'm not strong * i'm so alone * comfort me * make me belong : timeless haiku by bheng

IMMORTAL

New movie: Master Kim vs Master Kim vs Master Kim (did I get that right?) image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Source: stardocu.com
    i'm not strong * i'm so alone * comfort me * make me belong : timeless haiku by bheng

IMMORTAL

• adikkeluangmanadikkeluangman Yours truly KL, MYPosts: 12,193Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

image Wow, it been a long time since I came here. Aish... image

2 new movies by him. Sure been busy. Not long ago when window shopping I saw old drama VCD with him on the cover. I don't remember what title. MTM2 VCD already on sale in Malaysia. I hope they will release a DVD soon with English subtitles. I want to buy the DVD.

MTM2 teaser poster sure funny. So this time there will be a cooking part/contest. image Hope they will do another poster parody just like MTM2.

I saw one poll here at Soompi bout most pitiest character. Last time I check he is on third place. image Never thought can saw his name on the poll.

IMMORTAL

• midnight sunmidnight sun Posts: 418Member
    edited September 2006
    ^ Thanks rubie. Look what I found at cine21.com.

Teaser Trailer

IPB Image

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/trailer/2006/08/faimly_tr_online_700k.wmv

Making Of

IPB Image

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/making/2006/09/faimly_mf_700k.wmv

IPB Image

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/making/2006/09/faimly_mf1_700k.wmv

IPB Image

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/making/2006/09/faimly_mf_action_700k.wmv

IPB Image

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/making/2006/09/faimly_mf_ent_700k.wmv

VIP Premiere

IPB Image

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/making/2006/09/faimly_vip_700k.wmv

Music Video

IPB Image

mms://vod.cine21.com/cine21.com/movie/mvideo/2006/08/faimly_logosong_700k.wmv

Found this video at daum.net.

IPB Image

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/2/movie/etc/2006/09/faimly_daum_event_700k.wmv

Source: cine 21, daum.net

IMMORTAL

^Wah! MTM3 looks mighty 'fierce'... huh! image

Thanks midnight-sis... another blockbuster in the making. image

IMMORTAL

edited September 2006

2006-09-13

Shin Hyeon Joon, to capture Korea and Japan simultaneously with the movie 'Gamun' series

IPB Image

Hallyu Star Shin Hyeon Joon is going to star in 'Gamun eui Buhwal (Marrying the Mafia III)' which opens in Korea, and 'Gamunui Wigi (Marrying the Mafia II)' in Japan.

Shin Hyeon Joon left for Japan on the 13th at 4:40pm for a three day trip during which he will conduct interviews with Japanese press, appear as a guest on television shows as well as attend a special premiere for the promotion of 'Gamunui Wigi (Marrying the Mafia II).'

Cho Deok Hyeon of Shin Hyeon Joon's agency Olive9 commented, "300 people were invited to the special premiere of 'Gamunui Wigi (Marrying the Mafia II)' but more than 3,000 people had inquired to attend, once again surprising us with Shin Hyeon Joon's popularity."

During his visit to Japan, Shin Hyeon Joon will also attend a meeting with So-net of Sony in regards to his official Japanese website. The official Japanese website of Shin Hyeon Joon is scheduled to launch in mid-October.

[Copyright © 2006 Goodday News/Goodday E&I Inc. All rights reserved.]

Source: http://www.broasia.com/lwboard/lwboard.php...;pg=1&no=79

SUPERSTAR

^What a great news. He getting famous everyday. Thanks for the news, unnie. At clubbox page even have small promo on MTM3. Hope that he can come to Malaysia so that I can stalk him. image

Does he just wake up from bed. image And then went for press conference. http://www.stardocu.com/upfile/200609/wm_1...34_IMG_8902.jpg

He also in Come To Play (09-15-06) & Sangsang Plus (09-05-06). I'm not watch it yet.

Looks like new thread will be open soon. Thanks midnight for the links. I will DL and watch it later.

Shadowless Sword available in DVD for Malaysia market. I hope Gi Bong also will be released soon here. I want to see him drama.

IMMORTAL

edited September 2006

Ladyluck ran out for the sequel?

Sept 22, 2006

'Mafia,' Out of Fashion, Business

By Kim Tae-jong
    Staff Reporter

IPB Image
    Shin Hyun-jun, left, with other co-stars in "Marrying the Mafia 3"

Let's say the original idea of an intelligent yet timid man marrying a woman from the family of a criminal gang in "Marrying the Mafia? was cute; and that its sequel, in which the gang's family has a star prosecutor as a daughter-in-law who is out to rid the nation of gangsters, was interesting enough.

But compared to them, this new installment "Marrying the Mafia 3" has few redeeming factors, relying on shabby jokes and repetitive formulas from the earlier movies, with its one and only goal to make the audience laugh simply failing.

The members from the second installment teamed up once again for the new film, including director Jung Yong-ki and actors Shin Hyun-jun, Kim Won-hee and Kim Su-mi, who achieved unexpected success in that movie, attracting over 6 million moviegoers around this time last year. But it seems that they may have simply said, "Let's do it again," without any plan.

The story, which continues from the second installment, is simple.

IPB Image

It revolves around Mrs. Hong's (played by Kim Su-mi) family, who launches a new business of setting up a kimchi manufacturing company after putting an end to their crime-related dirty business.

The new business is a huge success due to Mrs. Hong's talent in food, and her three sons and their wives help her to write a new chapter for their family history, learning what an ordinary man's life is like.

But the Hongs meet a new crisis when former prosecutor Bong, imprisoned for manipulating evidences in the second installment, is released and prepares for a revenge on the Hongs, who largely contributed to his conviction.

Bong, along with the help of another criminal gang come up with an idea to pay back the Hongs. He poisons the products from Hong’s brand which causes the family to be on the verge of going out of business.

But as Bong's simple plot succeeds, the Hongs easily tackle the crisis in the end. And to fill the empty space in the flimsy story, much of the film is devoted to scenes of recollection of each character's past.

In such scenes, characters wear a silly wig and out of fashion clothes, and sing silly songs and dance.

A little bit of this light-heatedness might have worked, but it is overdone. With little connection to the main story, it rather detracts from the development of the flimsy story.

Overall, the film smacks of a short trendy drama in a television talk show, riding on the success of a rising star to say and do silly things, just to entertain viewers. But the two-hour running time is too long for such a purpose.

e3dward@koreatimes.co.kr

09-22-2006 09:27

Source: The Korea Times

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/culture/20...09270210970.htm
  • ay_linkay_link WITHS2aholic 이정재 연인Posts: 4,106Friend of Soompi

IDOL

QUOTE(midnight sun @ Dec 3 2005, 07:00 AM) »

adikkeluangman is right about the video. Here's the link:

Jo Sung Mo - For Your Soul (조성모 - 슬픈 영혼식)

IPB Image

mms://218.38.55.249/MUZ_WMV_HIGH_040723/0003/000315.wmv
    ^ Sorry, the full show only.

QUOTE(dramalover @ Mar 18 2006, 11:05 PM) »

SHJ old music video captures" For your Soul" with Choi Ji Woo..
    http://211.196.186.117/~starjiwoo/zeroboar.../capture/77.jpg
    taken from starjiwoo

Hi girls image
    After flipping through all the pages in this thread,.. I just had to ask...hehe..
    Please reup this MV... if you have... ^^;;
    I've been searching for this ever since I finished watching Rondo...hehe...
    Some say that Shin Hyun Joon gave up his life for Choi Ji Woo twice... (first in this MV hehe)..
    Thanks so much to whoever reup the MV... <3 u! ^^

Shin Hyun Joon is such a charismatic actor... I luv him since the KISS MV days...hehee..
    looks hot as a photographer ^^
    and in Rondo too...^^
    Wow.. look at his movies... LOTS! ^^
    But I think Stairway To Heaven is his latest drama so far, rite?
    I don't think he has another (korean) drama after STH...
    Correct me if I'm wrong image

IMMORTAL

edited September 2006

Hi ay_link, good to see you here. *hunnies bumping to each other* image

Here you are, the requested MV... it's one of the first of JW's that I looked for after BD and what a surprise, her hero was the same guy in the Kiss MV. Loved that one, too! image

IPB Image

For Your Soul - Jo Sung Mo mv.asf (26.50 MB)
    http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=8c2...2f0d013e2fdee86

SHJ is currently busy with movies and more movies (just like someone else we know image) so... Rondo was his last series at present after STH.
  • ay_linkay_link WITHS2aholic &#51060;&#51221;&#51116; &#50672;&#51064;Posts: 4,106Friend of Soompi

IDOL

^ Thanks so much rubie dear *HUG*
    Haha.. funny thing.. I saw your post and the link from CJW's thread first since I happened to drop by there.. kekeke.. XD

Thank you for fulfilling my request~~ <333

SHJ is so busy with movies and movies~~~ just look at his movies resume! hehe... XD can't wait to see him in his newest one... and of course MTM 3 is so highly anticipated! Wonder when this one will come out? perhaps next year, eh? hehe..

• dramaloverdramalover Posts: 3,513Member
    edited September 2006
    Posted on: Sunday, September 24, 2006

Shin Hyun Joon will be in town for HAWAII INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
    By Jeff Chung

IPB Image

“Marrying the Mafia 3” features Korean actor Shin Hyun Joon, third from left. The film, his latest, premieres in America on Oct. 23.

CELEBRITY FASHION SHOW

Shin Hyun Joon and "Marrying the Mafia 3" costar Tak Jae Hoon (who also sings in the group Country Kko Kko), HOWL (singer of the theme song for TV drama "Palace"), Jung Jae Wook (singer for TV drama "One Fine Day") and rock singer Han Seung Ki will be in town to perform and model at Lidia's Celebrity Charity Fashion show.

The star-studded event takes place at 6 p.m. Oct. 21 at the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel. VIP ticket purchasers will be invited to a post-show wine party with the celebrities. For more information, call Derrick Abe at 343-2454. Tickets, which include dinner and the show, cost $150-$300.

Korean film and TV drama star Shin Hyun Joon will be coming to the 26th Louis Vuitton Hawaii International Film Festival next month. Shin is also a star in other Asian countries such as Japan and China. Not many hallyu stars have this kind of exposure or experience.

Shin will be in town for the Oct. 23 U.S. premiere of his latest film, "Marrying the Mafia 3: The Resurrection of Family" ("Gamun Eh Boo Hwal"). The film is the third chapter in a popular Korean family gangster-comedy series.

Visit www.gamun2006.co.kr for film information; www.hiff .org for more on the premiere.

Born in 1968, Shin Hyun Joon studied at Yonsei University, often referred to as the Yale of Korea, with a major in athletics. He enjoys travel, swimming, tennis, scuba diving and golf. His site is at www.olive9.com.

Hawai'i hallyu fans have seen Shin most recently in the Korean film "Barefoot Kibong," which was a sellout at K-Fest 2 a few weeks ago at Dole Cannery theaters. He was also in the 2004 SBS TV drama hit "Stairway to Heaven," as the artist character Han Tae-hwa. Shin also appeared in the Japanese TV series "Rondo," which aired this year. After starring in the joint China-Korea cinema production "Bichunmoo," Shin is now a celebrity in China.

"Marrying the Mafia 3," directed by Jeong Yong Gi, was released yesterday in Korea to take advantage of Chuseok, the holiday in early October.

Here's the synopsis:

After lawyer Jin-Kyoung marries In-Jae, the oldest child of the gangster family, Mrs. Hong Deok-Ja and her family trade in their lives as the Baekhopa gang to run a food company. In-Jae's social-welfare foundation and Mrs. Hong's food company grow quickly. However, a former prosecutor puts a wrench in the works.

Can Mrs. Hong Deok-Ja, her three sons and Baekhopa take back the family's glory?

c:Honolulu advertiser
    by Jeff Chung

SUPERSTAR

^Premiers at US. When is at Malaysia? image

Does anyone have this clip. I found at Arirang thread but the link not working.

JULY 02, 2006 Showbiz Extra #221

- Shin Hyun-joon, Choi Sung-guk, and Kwon Oh-joong - they are the three masters of different martial arts. Each of these three have a high self-respect, and they got together for a fierce match.

Thank you!

IMMORTAL

edited December 2006

Thanks to Shirley - results of the 27th Blue Dragon Film Awards (Dec 15, 2006)
    http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=99396

QUOTE(shirley @ Dec 15 2006, 07:06 AM) »
    the winners are :

Popularity awards

Kim Hye-soo, Kang Seong-yeon
    Lee joon ki , Shin Hyun-jun

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hi everyone, it's been quite awhile huh... image

Just had some updates on SHJ-ssi at the 27th Blue Dragon tonight which is quite a surprise. But I'm puzzled why isn't SHJ nominated in the Best Actor category for his portrayal in the movie 'Barefoot Kibong'? Funny... how things turn out. image

Still.. it's really good to know that he has won the popularity award despite not having much news on the headlines.

IMMORTAL

Source: innolife.net

IPB Image
    Shin Hyun Joon & Lee Young Ae

IPB Image
    Popularity Awards: Shin Hyun Jun, Kang Seung Yun, Lee Jun Ki & Kim Hye Soo

IMMORTAL

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Martial arts trainers fight comic battle

When a movie title is too long or unnecessarily repetitive, there are two options. First, pretend there's no title and move swiftly to the plot. Second, devote the bulk of your article describing, explaining and analyzing the title so that readers forget what they are actually reading.

Either way, the point is unlikely to be made for Taewon Entertainment, known for releasing unabashed gangster-infested comedy around the national holidays. Yes, there is another big holiday coming - Lunar New Year's Day - and Taewon's festive mood is reflected in the movie's mysteriously long title: "Kim Kwan-jang vs. Kim Kwan-jang vs. Kim Kwan-jang,"

The three Kims are different characters but share the same name. The three-way competition, therefore, is predictable but director Park Seong-kyun does not start with three figures fighting to death from the beginning.

"Kim Kwan-jang vs. Kim Kwan-jang vs. Kim Kwan-jang,"
    a comic marital art film directed by Park Seong-kyun,
    is set to be released nationwide on Feb. 8.

Instead, two characters are locked in a battle. The first Kim (Shin Hyun-jun) runs a private Taekwondo martial art institute. But don't expect a sophisticated master who knows how to throw artful kicks. He is preoccupied with petty subjects, often whining about nothing, and asks his young son to cook their meals. The second Kim (Choi Sung-kook) specializes in fencing and competes with the first Kim to attract more kids in a small, rural town. The second Kim's hobby is to play a coin-operated video game with one of the children in the village, and when he is losing the game, Kim never hesitates to cheat - a characteristic that might border on child molestation, but since this is an explicit comedy, he simples gets away with his tricks all the time.

There is another factor that heightens the competition between the two Kims. Both Kims are keen to win the heart of a beautiful woman (Oh Seung-hyeon), who is a daughter of the Chinese restaurant owner.

The childish competition takes an embarrassing turn when a third player joins the fray. A young and good-looking kung fu master with the same name (Kwon Oh-jung) sets up his own private martial art institute, causing the other two Kims a great deal of consternation.

The third Kim exhibits greater martial art prowess as compared to the first and second Kims, and even plays a Beethoven sonata, a talent that impresses the Chinese restaurant beauty and depresses the other two martial art masters.

Once the film moves to the three-way competition, not only comic relief but also martial art acts are thrown together in a way that meets more or less the expectations of the viewers. The most impressive act comes from Kwon, who has ventured out to practice relatively high-level martial acts himself and his newly acquired skills deserve credits.

Shin Hyun-jun, a veteran actor, is attempting to change his image. He is no stranger in gangster comedy but he is trying to create a new persona - a character who looks dumb and yet holds the ultimate key to resolving the overall conflict.

Choi Sung-kook, meanwhile, sticks to his usual style. He tries to keep his cool while confronted with various situations, which is funny for those who understand the underlying comic message.

The martial art comedy, however, begins to lose its luster when a new element is incorporated into the three-way competition. A gangster group is tipped off about a land development program involving the small village and sends off three goons to purchase the land discreetly and make big bucks when the development plan is actually implemented.

The real estate subplot is pertinent to the country's longstanding obsession with land speculation. It is also highly convenient that the gangsters play the baddie at this point, largely because the three Kims urgently need some evil counterparts to prove their righteousness.

By throwing a land development factor into the small town infighting, however, director Park turns the comic film into a cheap social critique, which is not exactly what comic film fans want, especially during the New Year's holiday season.

(insight@heraldm.com)

By Yang Sung-jin

Source: The Korea Herald

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/htm...00701260012.asp

IMMORTAL

January 30, 2007

Comedy trio joins forces for ‘Three Kims’

Choi Sung-kook, Shin Hyun-june and Kwon Oh-joong
    talking after a screening of “Three Kims” last week at
    Sinchon Megabox theater. At right, a still from the movie.
    [NEWSIS, Taewon Entertainment]

What a blessing it is for comedians to be able to make people laugh just by standing there.

Shin Hyun-june, Choi Sung-kook and Kwon Oh-joong are the kind of entertainers other comedians would kill to become. They do not look unusually funny, nor do they crack people up with ridiculous remarks. In fact, they are quite tall, handsome and lean toward solemn expressions.

But the three actors had people laughing as they stood in front of flashing cameras last Wednesday prior to a press screening of a new comedy film, “Three Kims.” The movie is the cute story of what three masters of different martial arts, all named Kim, go through in the provincial town where they live.

“Mr. Kwon’s son is going to be in his second year in elementary school soon,” Shin said with a shrug, bringing another burst of laughter. “This movie has to work if he wants to feed his growing boy.”

Shin’s most popular film had been the sci-fi-fantasy work, “Legend of Gingko,” where he appeared as the charismatic yet possessive General Hwang. But he moved toward comedy a few years ago and that suited him. Sadly, even in semi-serious films, like a recent story about a mentally challenged man, people think he is funny.

Kwon, a Korean Brendan Fraser-type, soared up the popularity chart after appearing in the sitcom “Sunpung Obstetrics.”

Choi, once known for appearing in coffee commercials and for being compared to Japanese heartthrob Takeshi Kaneshiro for his sharp looks, is now more familiar to audiences as a Korean Jim Carrey.

How did the director manage to cast the comical trio?

“After I decided to make this film, it took two days to think of Mr. Choi,” said Park Seong-gyun, director of “Three Kims.” “I thought no one could be better suited than him to play the eccentric character of kendo master Kim.”

Shin had promised Mr. Park 10 years ago that he would appear in whatever film the director debuted in. It was this promise that led to his being cast as Korean martial arts taekkyeon master Kim.

“As for Kwon,” Mr. Park continued with a laugh, “no offense, but I wanted to cast a prettier face than his. But after I cast the other two, Kwon was the only choice I had left that would blend them together in a trio.”

So Kwon became the kung fu master Kim.

“Three Kims” is about the small town rivalry between three martial arts masters, all with the surname Kim. They compete for students at their academies, compete for the attention of the town’s most eligible woman, and ultimately become friends.

Aside from a few unexpected kicks from Kwon, do not expect too much from them in the martial arts department.

“I joined the film about a month after I learned kung fu,” said Kwon. “Shin said it took him two months to understand Choi and be able to act with him without laughing, but I don’t think I can say I understood either of them.”

“They are just so funny to look at and I am not even in the same league as they are,” Kwon said shaking his head. “So I gave up trying to be funny and practiced my kung fu moves harder.”

Choi’s response to that?

“It’s about time Korea gave birth to a Jet Li,” he said with a solemn face. “I genuinely felt that when I was watching Kwon practice.”

By Lee Min-a Staff Writer [mina@joongang.co.kr]

Source: INSIDE JoongAng Daily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2871847

SUPERSTAR

Well, it been long time not been here. Yesterday I watch 43rd Grand Bell Award that been aired at my country for CNY. He have 3 movies rite. Gi Bong, MTM3 and Shadowless Sword but why he don't be nominated in any category or something.

Won popularity award? Congratulations to him. Like what rubie said although he not in headline but still popular. How's that. He looks so good in black tux and he is clean shaved. image

First time when watching Stairway to Heaven. He never struck me as funny guy but after watch MTM2. He is funny. So far he have been acted in movies last year except for one Japanese drama (that remind me, I have the CD but not watch yet). So any new drama project for this year.