Shin Hyun Joon 신현준

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

profile_hyunjoon3.jpg

PROFILEName: Shin Hyun Joon Date of Birth: Oct 28, 1968Blood Type: ABHeight: 184cmWeight: 74kgEducation: Yonsei university, Athletics major Specialty: tennisDebut: 1989

FILMOGRAPHY
DRAMAS- Son of the Wind TV Series (KBS2, 1995)- 1.5 (MBC, 1996)- The Brother's River (SBS, 1996)- Wedding Dress (KBS2, 1997) - Woo Jin- White Nights 3.98 (SBS, 1998)- I Love You! I Love You! (SBS, 1998)- Stairway to Heaven (SBS, 2003) - Han Tae Hawa- RONDO 輪舞曲 (TBS, 2006)- Star's Lover (SBS, 2008) - cameo- Cain & Abel (SBS, 2009) - Lee Seon Woo- Road No. 1 (MBC, 2010) - Jo Sang Wi cameo- Dummy Mommy (SBS, 2012) - Choi Goi Man- Bridal Mask (KBS2, 2012) - Lee Kang San- Ohlala Couple (KBS2, 2012) - Ko Soo Nam

MOVIESSon of a General (1990)Portrait Of The Days Of Youth (1990)Son of a General 2 (1991)Son of a General 3 (1992) Passage to Buddha (1993)Love is Oh Yeah! (1993)The Taebaek Mountains (1994)The Gingko Bed (1996)Channel 69 (1996)Elegy of the Earth (1997)Maria and the Inn (1997)K. K Family List (1997)The Story of a Man (1998)The Soul Guardians (1998)Bichunmoo (2000)The Siren (2000)A Masterpiece in My Life (2000)Guns & Talks (2001) Blue (2003)Once Upon A Time A Battlefield (2003)Face (2004)Dharma Goes to Seoul (2004)Shadowless Sword (2005) Marrying the Mafia II (2005) Barefoot Ki-Bong (2006)Marrying the Mafia III (2006)His Last Gift [마지막 선물] (2008)Kiss Me, Kill Me [킬미] (2009) Family Picture (가족사진) (2010) http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=313682Sin of a Family (2011)Marrying the Mafia IV (2011)George and Bong-shik (TBA)
Variety showKBS Entertainment 925 (KBS1, 2013-present) - AnchorShow King (Channel A, 2011-present) - MCEntertainment Weekly (KBS2, 2010-present) - MCEnjoy Today (MBC, 2010-2011) - MCThe Dreaming Sea (KBS2, 2013) - MemberFamily Outing

Music Video appearancesZi-A - "Choked With Grief" (2008)Zi-A - "I'm Happy" (2008)Zi-A - "I Love You, I'm Sorry" (2008)Zi-A - "Guardian Angel" (2007)Zi-A - "Together with a Star in My Heart" (2007)Zi-A - "Absentmindedly" (2007)KISS - "Because I'm a Girl" (2001)Lee Soo-young - "Never Again" (2001)Jo Sungmo - "For Your Soul" (1999)Lee Seung-chul - 말리꽃 (1999)Bobby Kim - "Remember Last Christmas" (1998)

Variety show[edit]KBS Entertainment 925 (KBS1, 2013-present) - AnchorShow King (Channel A, 2011-present) - MCEntertainment Weekly (KBS2, 2010-present) - MCEnjoy Today (MBC, 2010-2011) - MCThe Dreaming Sea (KBS2, 2013) - MemberFamily Outing
LINKWebsiteSNS : Twitter | Facebook

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest midnight sun

Here's some stuff from the old thread:

Source: Koreanfilm.org

SHADOWLESS SWORD. ("Muyeong Geom") Taewon Entertainment is producing a tragedy in which the greatest swordsman living along the coastal area stands as the last line of defense in the protection of the king. The film is being directed by Kim Yeong-joon who directed, five years ago, the movie Bichunmoo, sometimes called "The Flying Warriors". Listed first in the credits, Lee Seo-jin is playing the king of the coastal town. Although his last movie credit was the notorious Ghost Taxi, Lee has gained a degree of respectability with his TV work such as Damo and Firebird. Yun So-yi (Arahan), Shin Hyun-joon (Bichunmoo), and Kim Ki-yeong round out the cast. The film, which is co-financed by New Line Cinema, is scheduled to be released in Korea on November 23, with New Line then releasing it worldwide in 2006.

200505301801261.jpg

Guest midnight sun

Source: Twitchfilm.net - August 25, 2005 10:57 PM

One of the upcoming Chuseok Holidays releases, ' 가문의 위기 ' ('Marrying The Mafia 2'), surprised netizens with its newly revealed poster, a parody of the poster for Lee Jae-Yong's ' 스캔들 ' ('Untold Scandal'), which was a big box office hit in 2003. Taking Lee Mi-Sook's place is Kim Soo-Mi, perhaps the funniest veteran Korean actress in the industry. The beautiful Kim Won-Hee acts as Jeon Do-Yeon, and Shin Hyun-Joon, playing Bae Yong-Joon, looks like a total playboy. The film will compete with Hur Jin-Ho's ' 외출 ' ('April Snow') and Lee Myung-Se's ' 형사 ' ('Duelist'), all three released on September 8.

Via: Naver News

coming200508260800290.jpg

Guest midnight sun

Source: Twitchfilm.net - August 30, 2005 12:19 AM

'가문의 위기' ('Marrying The Mafia 2') Press Screening Report

The sequel to the smash hit 2002 comedy ' 가문의 영광 ' ('Marrying The Mafia') had its press screening today at the Seoul Theater. This time the 'family' of the title isn't trying to lure an SNU alumni, but the trendy career of choice, an inspector daughter in law. The film was directed by Jung Yong-Gi of ' 인형사 ' ('The Dollmaster') fame. Present at the premiere the director Jung Yong-Gi, and cast members Shin Hyun-Joon, Kim Won-Hee, Kim Soo-Mi and Tak Jae-Hoon.

Reviews have been mostly of the mixed style. Most of the people argued if you're going in for a laugh out loud comedy with low expectations, you'll have fun. But of course there's also people who actually expect 'something' other than silly comedy and ad-libs from these films, so some really negative reviews too. The film debuts on September 8.

Interviews and Comments

Director Jung Yong-Gi: I felt some burden because of the first film, but I made sure we'd create something new for the people who liked Marrying The Mafia. I also think the characters in this films come alive and are more active than in the first.

Kim Won-Hee: I played two roles in the film, so thinking about those times when I got really confused about the scenes fills my heart with emotion. [...] I was nervous about acting again after a long time, but thankfully the director did a good job editing, so it was fun.

Kim Soo-Mi: It's really rare to see critics laugh at a press screening, but it looks like that changed, just for a day. Personally, that's at least a welcome result for all the months we've worked hard to make this film. I even cried during the second half.

Via: Film2.0, nKino and Yahoo Korea

Hi adikkeluangman & midnight sun, great news about SHJ's movie! :lol:

Update : Oct 10, 2005 KST 13:56

“Married To The Mafia 2” tops box-office among comedy movies

moon_l.jpg

The comedy movie “Married To The Mafia 2,” starring Kim Won-hee and Shin Hyun-jun and directed by Chung Yong-ki, drew more than 5 million viewers nationwide as of Oct. 8, leaving behind its rival, “My Wife Is A Gangster,” and setting a box-office record among Korean comedy movies.

The movie’s distributor, Show Box, said on Oct. 9 that “Married To The Mafia 2,” which opened Sept. 7, had drawn 1,356,942 viewers in Seoul and 5,287,702 viewers nationwide as of Oct. 8, one month after its premiere.

The previous record-setter, “My Wife Is A Gangster,” drew 5.29 million viewers in September, 2001.

“Married To The Mafia 2” also broke the record of its predecessor, “Married To The Mafia,” which drew 5.2 million viewers its opening month. The feat stands in stark contrast with the sequels “My Wife Is A Gangster 2” and “Hi! Dharma 2,” both of which failed to attract as much attention as their more successful predecessors.

The popularity of “Married To The Mafia 2” is expected to continue to rise for the time being as the film will continue to be shown in 45 Seoul theaters and 226 theaters nationwide.

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...4348_11692.html

Guest adikkeluangman

Thanks a lot rubie unnie for this. I watch the trailer every day. Ermmm just wondering. When he will shave his face. :lol:

Guest midnight sun

You are a real gem, rubie. :) It's really hard to find any information on Elegy of the Earth, thanks.

가문의 위기 ('Marrying The Mafia 2').

Director: 정용기 (Jung Yong-Gi)

Cast: 신현준 (Shin Hyun-Joon), 김원희 (Kim Won-Hee), 김수미 (Kim Soo-Mi)

Official Website

Teaser Trailer (Downloadable, 300k, Windows Media)

Theatrical Trailer (Streaming, Windows Media)

mms://media1.maxmovie.com/movieinfo/image/av/gamoon2_trailer.wmv

mms://media1.maxmovie.com/movieinfo/image/av/gamoon2_trailer_02.wmv

Making Of (Streaming, Windows Media)

mms://media1.maxmovie.com/av/Maxjazzbar_bigfamily2.wmv

mms://media1.maxmovie.com/av/Maxspecial_kamoon.wmv

mms://nhnext.hvod.nefficient.co.kr/nhnext/movie/movieclip/making/K0002635_300.wmv

Via: Maxmovie, Twitchfilm.net

200509081713511.jpg

Thanks a lot rubie unnie for this. I watch the trailer every day. Ermmm just wondering. When he will shave his face. :lol:

Thanks adikkeluangman, another one for the thread! :) Hi midnight sun! SHJ's expression is unbelievable, haha... remembering the trailer now! :lol:

He'll probably do it before the shooting of the J-dorama with CJW when it starts in Nov (?), I think. Hope his character there deserves better recognition from the public. His other movie is coming out soon, right?

------------------------

'Mafia' Sequel Is Nation's Top Comedy

ensor200510101948450Mafia.jpg

“Married to the Mafia 2”

The gangster comedy ``Marrying the Mafia 2’’ has become the most successful comedy film ever, the film’s distributor announced Sunday.

The film, a sequel to the popular 2002 comedy, recorded some 5.28 million viewers on Oct. 8, breaking the record for a domestic comedy set by ``My Wife Is a Gangster,’’ which was seen by 5.25 million people in 2001.

Starring Shin Hyun-jun and Kim Won-hee, the film tells the story of a member of a powerful mafia family who falls in love with a star prosecutor who is out to rid the nation of gangsters.

The film opened on Sept. 7 and was helped by a healthy box office return during the Chusok holidays on Oct. 17-19. It also became the 10th domestic film to go over the 5-million-viewer mark ever.

The overall success of ``Marrying the Mafia 2’’ was seen as unexpected, as sequels to such popular comedies as ``My Wife Is a Gangster’’ and ``Hi, Dharma’’ have not fared well in recent years.

sohjoo@koreatimes.co.kr

10-10-2005 19:23

Source: The Korea Times

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/culture/20...19203511720.htm

shin hyun joon is amazing! always loved him! and i love it when he is wearing his hair so long, so cant wait to see shadowless sword!

Guest midnight sun

He'll probably do it before the shooting of the J-dorama with CJW when it starts in Nov (?), I think. Hope his character there deserves better recognition from the public. His other movie is coming out soon, right?

^ You're right, rubie. It was announced lately that the movie ('Shadowless Sword') would be released on November 18.

MooYoungGum/Shadowless Sword (무영검)

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1336

2005092318152798018_1.jpg

^

Wow! A total contrast from Marrying the Mafia sequel... as in the genre... and everything! :lol: Hope it'll be a roaring success at the Box Office as well for SHJ and the rest of the cast. Only about a month to go till the release! :)

Thanks midnight sun for all the movie goodies! ^_^

Guest adikkeluangman

Wow! Thanks guys for the updates. Now I remember the title MV that he in with Choi Ji Woo (Jo Sung Mo - For Your Soul). I hope his movie will be aired in my place.

Guest adikkeluangman

Yeay, pictures of him.

midnight sun; Have you watch the clip. Can you tell me what it all about. Coz, I don't no any. :mellow:

star01(11).gifstar02(11).gif

Shin Hyun-jun

Name: Shin Hyun-jun

Date of Birth: Oct 28, 1968

Body: 182cm/72kg

Title: Actor

Hobby: Playing tennis

Debut: 1989

Awards: 1992 Dajong Film Awards “New Actor”

A straightforward face that doesn't know how to lie - it's the charming actor Shin Hyun-joon! He's back in the spotlight with - so we HAD to catch up with him for an exclusive on STAR FOCUS.

Tons of people were at the VIP premiere of the . That was to be expected, with the rave reviews from critics. And wandering through the theater, we ran into some familiar faces -

Uplifting! Energetic! Funny! These words best describe . It captures the tale of a mafia family who has to deal with an enemy in-law. ONLY she just HAPPENS to be the public prosecutor.

His character is once again marinated with the usual "Shin Hyun-joon" characteristic, with a new flair! Shin's "no holds barred" attitude was like a virus that spread quickly throughout the set and amongst the comical cast.

The whole cast had perfect timing -And they all played off of each other without missing a beat.

Shin took his first steps into the movie industry with one of the most-talked about movies of 1990, . He nabbed the role of the evil Hayashi.

And after that, his acting career knew no bounds. It was a parade displaying his multidimensional individuality.

None of his characters were easy to handle, so each was regarded with special care by the actor. It was this kind of hard work and perseverance that led him to the top.

Shin also mentioned that he's quite an emotional guy, despite his tough-looking image. It was this wide range of emotions that helped him digest his array of characters.

For an actor like Shin Hyun-joon, what factor is most important in selecting productions?

The movie, , has some of the most unique performers in Korea. The whole cast carries a special bond that left an impression on the movie, as well.

Shin's love interest in the movie, is played by Kim Won-hee. Not too long ago, the actress got married!

Too bad she's no longer single, Shin Hyun-joon and Kim made for an EXCELLENT pair!

This man who enjoys women, who laugh, had a reason to smile himself. Shin Hyun-joon has recently joined the line-up of Korean Wave stars, his popularity reaching all the way to Japan! He made a recent trip there... JUST to meet his overseas fans! It was a great time for everyone involved.

Within the country and abroad, he's being revered for his acting talent and sincere personality. We hope he continues putting a smile on peoples' faces.

Netizens voted as the most-anticipated movie for the second half of 2005. And in response, we went to the set of the movie.

Source: http://www.arirang.co.kr/intro.asp

Guest adikkeluangman

Thanks rubie unnie for that info.

Erm... this is from the latest Star Focus? Well, I will asked Sharine unnie bout it.

Archived