Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

Crooked Knees/legs...

Replies

• flyxme.flyxme. ???????? Posts: 6,750Member

IDOL

they arent that bad...my legs arent perfectly straight either though

• x_shirleyx_shirley Posts: 1,778Friend of Soompi

IDOL

i know some people with legs like your's its actually really normal.
    my knee sticks out on the inner sides of my legs a lot more than the outer part of me legs.
    c9447a7e.jpg
    Follow me on Tumblr
    Instagramshirleyang211
  • scribbzscribbz Posts: 205Member
    edited March 2008
    QUOTE (deportedkorean @ Mar 13 2008, 07:25 PM) »
    when you put your knees together, are your feet touching as well?

if they're not, then you're knock-kneed. nothing you can really do about it except do exercises to stretch the muscle on the outer sides of your knees (tie feet together, stick a light cushion between knees and do squats).

legs are straight if your knees and feet touch each other when standing comfortably.

actually u can. and not surgery.

ppl who are bow legged, your in luck.
    my cousin showed me a "secret"

i will share on soompi.

ok, so she had when she was a kid. bad enough to see through jeans. ne way, what she did was, she got the clear plastic wraps and wrapped them around her legs really tight till when she stood up, he legs would be straight. she got her parents to help, easier i guess.
    well she did this for about 1-2 hours a day for about 5 months, and they became straight, i saw them. its pretty crazy.
    im trying it now too.
    she said her leg fell asleep some times, but she was careful. so if your going to do this, BE CAREFUL. your legs need blood. so there is a limit. you need to find a happy medium.
  • hypocritehypocrite Wonderful Posts: 964Member
    That is O legs! I see many, even almost every Japanese girl has that kind of Legs....

I dont really agree to say that this kinds of legs is asian thing image ....becoz I dont have it....

• lws_2klws_2k AustraliaPosts: 107Member
    they look fine to me. my legs sorta go out too. not as much, tho. but yeah. they don't look abnormal image
  • slave4fashionslave4fashion Posts: 48Member

ROOKIE

QUOTE (scribbz @ Mar 15 2008, 04:23 AM) »

i will share on soompi.

ok, so she had when she was a kid. bad enough to see through jeans. ne way, what she did was, she got the clear plastic wraps and wrapped them around her legs really tight till when she stood up, he legs would be straight. she got her parents to help, easier i guess.
    well she did this for about 1-2 hours a day for about 5 months, and they became straight, i saw them. its pretty crazy.
    im trying it now too.
    she said her leg fell asleep some times, but she was careful. so if your going to do this, BE CAREFUL. your legs need blood. so there is a limit. you need to find a happy medium.

O I'm going to try that!!!
    I hate my legss
    What kind of plastic wrap is it?
  • j.a*starj.a*star Posts: 2,024Member
    hmm I don't have that but your legs look normal image
    SMTOWN
    BoA&DBSK&JANGRIIN&SUPERJUNIOR&SONYEOSHIDAE

• prechuz_aznprechuz_azn Posts: 3,041Member

IDOL

QUOTE (scribbz @ Mar 15 2008, 04:23 AM) »

i will share on soompi.

im trying it now too.

She did this when she was a kid so basically that's
    when she was developing.
    Well then shouldn't that be different for teenagers to carry out with this plan?
    Anyway, I'll try it.
    What kind of plastic wrap?
    credits to serenityx3 
  • GulnaraGulnara Posts: 4Member
    In times when people rode horses, it caused them to have crooked legs, because then person was holding stronger on a horse. Eventually, genetic selection happened. Today people can still ride a horse, for sports or entertainment, if even to prove the point, to have explenation for their crooked legs.
    Other reasons can be malnutrition in childhood, and also when mothers wrap an infant too tightly, without letting her to move legs around. Moving legs around promotes correct, balanced muscle development, and legs grow straight. Sickness in infancy, in early childhood, which keeps a child bad ridden, will also affect legs curve, if they are not moving.
    My mom has crooked legs, and with age the curve increases.. I wonder what fashion tricks are there for women to hide their crooked legs, if they feel insecure about it.
    Your legs are normal, just , may be, somewhat short. Then again, there are tricks to looking taller. Person in a sitting position looks taller, because top part of us is usually almost the same. Before you get up, no one will see how tall you are. Person, walking down the stairs, or from the hill, looks taller. Person sitting on a bike, on a horse can hardly be characterized as short, the hight becomes hardly identifiable. Person in a laying position looks longer as well. People can really use those tricks when it matters most, and if they think that hight matters.
  • marasshimarasshi :D Posts: 3,310Member

IDOL

My mom says you get those when you sit on your knees (I don't know how to describe it but you know, the traditional way of sitting on the floor with your legs tucked underneath you). I'm not sure though, because I don't see many people with that condition around me.
    I collect walnuts.____________________ | Livejournal
    There was famous female ballet dancer with crooked legs! There is third position in dancing, legs in this position do not look that crooked. Perfect tip to use in life. Legs have to be with toes somewhat outward, one leg closely in front of another, right in the middle. image Look like a dancer.
    Another trick, take it from actors. Ladies can wear knee high socks, tights, leggings, or tight pants with the secret. Their inner part has extra lining in strategic places, adding where there is not enough shape, sculpting the leg to look straighter.
    Wearing tall boots helps as well, make sure they stay straight, instead of fallowing the shape of the leg. If anything, add a layer of felt where it counts! Comfy, warm and camouflaged.
    I'd assume that anything that clings to crooked legs, will give them away. Thus wearing wide pants, long skirts, long tranch, coat, will hide them.
    Avoid anything that attracts attention to crooked legs area, like rich textures, contrasting colors, sudden change from one item of cloths to another. Keep whatever is on your legs colored neutrally, it rather be one uninterrupted peace of cloths, or shoose.
    If you are mostly in one surrounding, know its colors, and dress you legs accordingly, in a way that makes them blend with surroundings. Dress them, as if they were a spy: unnoticeable, none attention grabbing color, texture, sound. Yes, sound can also give them away! Those knocking hills will make people stare at your legs. Stumping loudly will do the same. No ancle jewlery, no tattoos on your legs.
    Instead draw attention to the upper body. Tingling earings, jewlery. Speak to people, this way they will look all the time at your face. Get attractive hair cut, etc.

• classic xclassic x love me? lovely landPosts: 1,561Member
    heyi sort of have that!
    like when i put my legs together, my
    thighs are fine and touch
    but the knee and down, it makes the 0 shape a
    little, so weird >:(
    what do you call that?
    love lasts

• moodycaddymoodycaddy TorontoPosts: 334Member

ROOKIE

oh most skinny people have it.
    but ya, some ppl are just born with it.
    it's also called 'chicken' legs.
  • CupcakeeCupcakee T. DotPosts: 537Member
    I have that too D: It's not that bad though aha..I've seen people a lot worse then you. It's kind of nasty o_o
    Click for lots of SMILES :]
  • l`amourl`amour Frisco / Denton, TXPosts: 672Member
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genu_varum

Brief explanation of it. A few of my friends have it and they all are fine, healthy folk. image
    life live deliberately.
    411tumblrTwitter (follow me!)Facebook (friend me!)
  • fiery_rayefiery_raye Neverland <3Posts: 980Member
    oh my gosh .. my parents make fun of
    me and call me bowl legged or w/e too
    i don't think it's that bad .. but when they
    mention it .. i feel like it's bad .. haha
    aww i wish i could get rid of it too
    R E Y N A I S V I P & T O P ' S S W E E T L O V E R <3
  • xskyixskyi Smile for me... Posts: 2,371Member
    QUOTE (lananhcali18 @ Mar 15 2008, 03:34 AM) »
    I totally understand you. I'm the same way. I always wear jeans & sometimes skinny jean (but they show)...Uggh I wish we can get the surgery but those hurt like h***.

Lol I would get the surgery for sure. Then I would feel confident about my legs for the rest of my life.
    But I have notised that because of these bowlegs of mine makes me walk in a different weird way and when I run, my hips, thights and knees hurts. Like the bone is going to fall off. NOt fun thought and imagine that you have to live with this for the rest of your life..... image
  • ok momook momo Posts: 33Member
    when i went to japan i noticed ALOT of bow-legged girls..