Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

How To Repierce Cartilage Ear Piercing?

jelly_puddingjelly_pudding east coastPosts: 1,943Member

ROOKIE

edited March 2008 in fitness & sports
i think it got blocked :(
so basically when i first got my cartilage piercing.. i wore it for like a year? well maybe close to a year.. and then i took it out for like a week or two.. then i put it in.. and it was kinda blocked but then the earring got to go in and i did that like 2 times almost.. (took my earring out for 1-3 weeks and then put it back in).. and last time i tried it was getting blocked.. and now i think i tried to repierce it but i think its blocked.... so yah, how can you pierce it again anyone know? or is there any medication or any stuff that you can put on your ear to help you pierce it again? .. because theres still a hole in my ear for the piercing.. but i can't get my earring through the piercing image

i don't get it either.. i had my earring in for like a year...

(i got my cartilage pierced at Claire's .. so i didn't get it pierced with a needle...)
ANY HELP/TIPS WOULD BE GREAT!!

Replies

• fihefihe Posts: 2,140Member
    this happened to me too. my piercing got infected so I took out the earrings on both ears after about two days and they closed up. this was on the lobe though.

I have been told that it is possible to get it repierced in the same spot, but I personally would highly recommend getting it repierced with a needle instead of a gun. needle is much more sanitary.

• D0PEYD0PEY Posts: 101Member
    edited March 2008
    Is it your back of ear hole that has closed up or the whole ear hole?

Usually, my cartilage closes up from the back and I just poke it through with the orginal earring they pierced it with. (Because it's sharp)
  • Migumii_Migumii_ Posts: 518Member

ROOKIE

When you go put an earring into your cartilage try to be calm and don't try to do it fast, be patient
    if it can't go through the back but you can poke it in the front, try wiggling the earring around.maybe you're just not getting to the hole.sometimes the piercing isn't straight across,might be slanted

but if that isn't the case i suggest piercing your cartilage in another spot,repiercing it in the same spot might be bad,check with the Offical Piercing/Tatoos thread
    "Our bodies break down, sometimes when we're 90,
    sometimes before we're even born, but it always happens and there's never any dignity in it.
    I don't care if you can walk, see, wipe your own Richard Simmons. It's always ugly. Always.
    You can live with dignity, we can't die with it."
  • hpnotiqhpnotiq Southern CaliforniaPosts: 3,755Member

ROOKIE

Don't try to just stick the stud back in. It might irritate it.
    I suggest that you just go get it repierced with a NEEDLE.
    link(s);; shop
  • jelly_puddingjelly_pudding east coastPosts: 1,943Member

ROOKIE

edited March 2008
    QUOTE (D0PEY @ Mar 13 2008, 10:18 PM) »
    Is it your back of ear hole that has closed up or the whole ear hole?

Usually, my cartilage closes up from the back and I just poke it through with the orginal earring they pierced it with. (Because it's sharp)

yah, the back ear has closed up i think image but the front part of the ear isn't... so its like going half way through and its pissing me off... my second piercing on my lobes on my ear got blocked in middle school because well i took it out when i was sleeping because i was getting annoyed and forgot to put it back in and fell asleep.. so then i got it repierced in another spot with my third ear piercing as well on the lobe.. but i don't want my cartilage to block/close up because its such a waste of money image i ready wasted money on my second lobe before then it got blocked/closed up... gahh ......
  • joolee.joolee. i <3 l e e h y o r i ! Vancouver, BCPosts: 11,349Member

IDOL

Never get it pierced with a gun. Go get it done by needle again.

ROOKIE

edited March 2008
    thanks everyone for the tips/help

if anymore share please~

i kinda gave up .. haha but i'm going to try to repierce it again.. but the back.. i don't think its officially blocked... so my earring i'm going to try to put it in again.. because the front part isn't block.. its just i can't the earring through and its seriously pissing me off.. lol ...

=/
  • mopwnsmopwns Mrs. 용준형 HyukJae&#39;s bed.Posts: 1,073Member

IDOL

Yea,
    like most people have said
    don't get it done by gun,
    because the gun could break the cartilage.
    do it by needle.
    check out
    East2West

• oh so asianoh so asian too far to tellPosts: 427Friend of Soompi
    Your ears probably aren't blocked after only taking them off for 3 weeks after you've had them on for a year.
    Just be patient and try it slowly, just poke around a bit. My cartilage got blocked a few times or so I thought but after a while of trying to find the whole I always get it back in :3

ROOKIE

QUOTE (oh so asian @ Mar 16 2008, 07:46 PM) »
    Your ears probably aren't blocked after only taking them off for 3 weeks after you've had them on for a year.
    Just be patient and try it slowly, just poke around a bit. My cartilage got blocked a few times or so I thought but after a while of trying to find the whole I always get it back in :3

i think i didn't have my earring in for a month actually >_<
    =/
  • j0anneeO_Oj0anneeO_O right here o_oPosts: 85Member
    just happend recently for me to.. i havent worn earrings for like a year or 2 XD but then i ordered sum earrings from alleykat so .. i was like using all my force to put it in XD it didnt hurt actually o__o and didnt got infected o__O there was a woman who told me if you got the cartilage pierced it wont get closed or somethin o_o so maybe you just have to find the way to the holes XD
    LOVE,,; ALWAYSNEVER,NEVERFOREVER

ROOKIE

QUOTE (j0anneeO_O @ Mar 18 2008, 05:06 AM) »
    just happend recently for me to.. i havent worn earrings for like a year or 2 XD but then i ordered sum earrings from alleykat so .. i was like using all my force to put it in XD it didnt hurt actually o__o and didnt got infected o__O there was a woman who told me if you got the cartilage pierced it wont get closed or somethin o_o so maybe you just have to find the way to the holes XD

haha really?
    kk thanks for the information/help!!
    :]
  • sussus AussiE lANdPosts: 3,213Member
    yea i got mah cartlidge for like 2 years now
    and its still not properli healed
    its tender n stuff

i heard it takes like 1 y 1./2 for it to heal....
    ive taken mine out several times
    left it out for a week and it kinda closes
    so i shoved it bkk in.. hurt tho > <
    but i rather do that then get it repierced!

• justlovely12justlovely12 Posts: 1,376Member
    argggg what is this!!
    my mom just made me take out my cartilage piercing a couple hours ago and a buncha cartilage threads pop up
    i want to cry DDDD:
    but yeah try to GENTLY wiggle it around. it's probably the little lump in the back that's blocking it, but if you still cant get it through then try to get it repierced in closer spot.