My crush has a gf but I think he might like me...?

Guest Nikki_Valentine

Guest Nikki_Valentine

Hi, well my crush has a girlfriend, and she's pretty and all, but I don't know, I think he still likes me. Now I say still because we used to be really good friends and I could tell he liked me. By the way, I'm really, and I mean REALLY good at telling if someone likes me. It's like a gift I have. And whenever he passes by me in the hall, it's really awkward because over the summer we kinda grew apart, so we never talked since. And I try to avoid eye contact, but whenever I pass him and he's behind me I hear his footsteps stop, kinda like he's stopping to stare at me...also I sometimes catch him staring and when he sees me he also turns red. Also, it seems like he's trying to make me jealous by going over to his girlfriend and hugging her and stroking her hair right in front of me. I need some help, and btw I'm in 8th grade if you were wondering.

maybe he likes you, maybe not, just ask him. you guys are friends right? just ask him straight up, do you like me? If you don't, that's fine, you're only like 13 right? In time, and I mean like 10 years time, you'll eventually learn that being straight up is the best way.

Nikki_Valentine said: Hi, well my crush has a girlfriend, and she's pretty and all, but I don't know, I think he still likes me. Now I say still because we used to be really good friends and I could tell he liked me. By the way, I'm really, and I mean REALLY good at telling if someone likes me. It's like a gift I have. And whenever he passes by me in the hall, it's really awkward because over the summer we kinda grew apart, so we never talked since. And I try to avoid eye contact, but whenever I pass him and he's behind me I hear his footsteps stop, kinda like he's stopping to stare at me...also I sometimes catch him staring and when he sees me he also turns red. Also, it seems like he's trying to make me jealous by going over to his girlfriend and hugging her and stroking her hair right in front of me. I need some help, and btw I'm in 8th grade if you were wondering.

Guest Nikki_Valentine

@flysolo I'm not asking if he likes me, I'm proving it. The question I was asking was what do I do now? I don't want to be a home wrecker..

He's doing what translates from Chinese as "has only 1 foot but tries to catch two boats". Basically he's got someone but he's decided to chase another jn effect having the best of being with someone but secretly getting the buzz of the chase again.

At 13 years old the likelihood of anything being more serious than a childhood fling is close to zero.

Guest Fayerith

I have a quite similar thing going on right now so I understand how does it feel Q__Q;Just chill and let things flow slowly.. If he really likes you then he's going to make a move and do something about his girlfriend ;)

Guest Nikki_Valentine

@fayerith good I'm not alone lol and ok thank you for the advice, I just don't want to be the reason why they break up.

Honestly I think he probably has a crush on you. At your age a lot of girls and guys are the same. Because there was no progress and lost of contact he met someone eles which is now his girlfriend. Now that you guys see each other a bit more feelings once there appears but only as a crush. Even if he likes you he still has his girlfriend and im sure he still likes her if hes still with her. He's use to you and how you we're before he had a gf ,that he doesn't know his limits and probably thinks your just being friendly. Either way you shouldn't do anything and just treat him normally. Its okay to like someone and enjoy their presence as a friend. But you have to respect his gf and her feelings and not cross boundaries. Im saying this because your intentions should never be bad even if you think them. Dont get upset and enjoy life.

Guest Nikki_Valentine

UPDATE: I went to a birthday party last night, and he was there and I was dancing like crazy and he kept staring and staring at me the whole time, and I have to say I'm a pretty good dancer so I think that he might like me a bit more. His gf wasn't there though btw and I was wearing a tight dress. I wanted to say something to him, but he seemed a little shy which is kinda weird because he's usually very outgoing.

Or he didn't know what to do so he didn't do anything. ain't a thang slippery about grade 8's
Look, you have this imaginary talent that you can tell if someone likes you 100%. So what's the problem?You got a crystal ball that tells you if someone likes you or not. All should be easy.He likes you and you like him go start dating?Who cares about his girlfriend right?He has a girlfriend, leave him alone. Even if he likes you. Your first lesson of your life.Second lesson, you don't have a crystal ball or a gift that identifies if someone likes you, wake up. Be humble.Was your tight dress red?If it was I'd love to see a picture baby girl

Guest thojntxoo

Technically nobody really knows if someone likes them or not if they don't ask. But in your situation, because your crush has a girlfriend already, try not be the reason as to why they end up breaking up. You don't want to be the reason for someone's sadness and heart break because it will come back to bite you in your relationship in the future. If you really like him and you can't stop your feelings, let him know that you like him but because he has a gf you're not going to initiate anything with him because you don't want to hurt either person in the situation. If it's meant to be, the two of you will end up together later in the future. For now you should focus on other bigger things.

Don't be tempted by the untouchable. The thrill isn't worth it.

I know the feeling of a crush possibly liking you back is a great feeling! Woohoo! However, you said you don't want to be the reason for their breakup (and I agree with that value) then the answer to your question is that you should not be doing/initiating anything. Plenty of guys will be coming your way, you're young!

If he truly likes you, then he will eventually leave his current gf, then the field is all yours for you to play. Here, you will not have the possible rep of a homewrecker or any guilty conscience.

P.S. that's a heck of a nice dress for yr 8 o_o it's like what we wear for 21st birthdays these days LOL...

Archived