Anyone here bring their laptops to school?

Guest Starblazerbon

Guest Starblazerbon

I have huge gaps between my classes and was planning to bring my laptop to school.

What do you guys do on your laptop usually when you are bored when you are in school?

Also do you guys use MBP? It seems to be the most popular laptop brand in my school too. 0.0

Yes, my laptop goes where ever I go.

Well, depends what you like to do. I always type my story, photoshop and make trailers. That kills alot of time, yet it entertains me. So I'm learning in a creative way! Lol! Or go online to soompi or do some research ^_~

No. I got a Gateway. Mac is extremely expensive! Lol

Guest Starblazerbon

Chrissy Chou :) said: Yes, my laptop goes where ever I go. Well, depends what you like to do. I always type my story, photoshop and make trailers. That kills alot of time, yet it entertains me. So I'm learning in a creative way! Lol! Or go online to soompi or do some research ^_~ No. I got a Gateway. Mac is extremely expensive! Lol

Yes, I also bring my laptop to uni all the time. It's convenient to have. I usually watch some YouTube videos if I have nothing to do. Mostly, I'll do assignments or study. MBP's are also popular in my school too, but I use a Sony VAIO. It's slightly lighter than a Macbook Air. There's also no need for me to bring my charger because it came with an extra external battery, which is still really light. Also, it doesn't run on Windows 8 and isn't a touch screen, thank god.

I used to bring my desktop replacement to uni all the time. ASUS Republic of Gaming G73jh-A1, 10lb+ with a brick for an adapter. But I was a comp sci major, so it more or less made sense since 90% of my work had to be done with software.

Speaking of MBP, I remember seeing someone buying one full price in the bookstore. The act itself defies all [cheap] Asian logic lol

What screen size is your laptop?

I can barely feel comfortable carrying my laptop. Yet with a charger.... 0.0

----------

My screen size is 15 inches. Don't ask me how I even carry that to school. Lol. I just have a regular jansport bag pack, and it amazingly fit! :))

I always wrap my charger and tie the chords together, so it won't be around my whole bag pack.

I have huge gaps as well. It takes me about 2 hours to get to school from transportation. Sometimes I have to stand on the train so I can't carry my laptop because it's extremely heavy (even MACS are heavy). I just make sure to bring my battery pack so my phone can survive and I just play or talk on my phone during the break. 

Guest motherducker

I bring my laptop one the days I have long breaks in between class, so 2 times a week. 
I'm trying not to bring it though because it's heavy and strains my back some days. The laptop battery doesn't work anymore because I've had it for so long, so I leave that at home (saves 2 pounds or so lol) and bring my charger cord. 
I'm on it right now at school actually. I usually just do assignments, study and browse the internet on it. I'm always self-conscious someone is looking over my shoulder so I restrain myself from watching shows and anime on it. 

Guest nobody knows

i only bring my laptop on days i have my internship, so monday, tuesday, and thursdays

but i don't use it during my gaps.. hahahah
i just go on the school's computer-- I do extra work for my internship, or try to teach Rhino 3d to myself during my spare time
but I also don't have that much spare time because I filled it up with my intern/tutoring sessions

my laptop's battery is pretty much spent, so I don't bother bringing that around, and just bring the charger, laptop, and mouse ~
i'd recommend investing in a laptop bag or a separate bag for your laptop that you can throw into your bookbag ~ so at least you can hold it if it's too much weight on your shoulders, and you don't need to fumble around for your computer stuff

• 3 weeks later...

Archived