Buying a new car. Considering a few options and need help deciding.

Guest charat

So a series of events has led to an opportunity for me to buy a new car. I'm considering quite a few options but can't quite seem to pop the clutch on any one yet. My price range is below 40k before dealer fees and taxes. I'd like to fall around the 35k area though.
So the list is thus far:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X- Good utility, 4 door, 5 seats, decent trunk room, super fun when I want to have it. However, I would want the 2015 version and there has been no word on a release date yet. Shifting hand is getting itchy and I don't know if I want to wait that long. 
Nissan 370Z- Been one of my dram cars since I first laid eyes on its long long long predecessor the 240Z. Great power, heaps of fun, rear wheel drive for added shenanigans. However, trunk space is non existant, can basically only move myself and another person. No utility whatsoever. 
Audi A4- Luxury, can be some fun, decent trunk capacity.
Mercedes CLA250- Same as audi but smaller and less utility. but still has its own character. 
A little about me. Raced in miata-spec for a while. Hundreds of hours of track time logged. Have a 240sx as a track richard simmons but looking for a good daily. Prefer manual but doesn't have to be.

So, Soompi, What would you get given these options? If none of them cater to your taste, what would you get instead? Any recommendations? 

if the lack of manual is not too much of a concern, the audi or the mercedes easy. it will help with your transition for a more mature car when the time calls. let your track car take care of your racing desires. not to mention, japanese cars have lost their flair. not worth their price in my opinion. lexus would be the exception. in which the is250/350 would cater for your needs quite well. theres also the s3 sportback. has power, luxury, and trunk space.

my last sports car was a dc5r. at that time, i was already in the phase between boy racer and settling down for a more sedated everyday driver. hence i only kept it for a few months.

If its a daily car youre looking for I would recommend a mk6 golf gti or a golf R. Im currently rolling in a stage 1 Golf Gti and im loving it. If you can stretch your budget abit further, I suggest you start looking at the S4 sedan which is what I want to get next.
I also have an extensive history on the track and its fair to say, track oriented cars do not really make good daily drivers. Sure they look cool but feeling every piece of gravel on the road due to super stiff coilovers is not fun. Plus my evo spent a 40% of its life in a workshop get fixed or modded and was hardly ever driven.

zantac_2 said: if the lack of manual is not too much of a concern, the audi or the mercedes easy. it will help with your transition for a more mature car when the time calls. let your track car take care of your racing desires. not to mention, japanese cars have lost their flair. not worth their price in my opinion. lexus would be the exception. in which the is250/350 would cater for your needs quite well. theres also the s3 sportback. has power, luxury, and trunk space.

my last sports car was a dc5r. at that time, i was already in the phase between boy racer and settling down for a more sedated everyday driver. hence i only kept it for a few months.

the evo sounds right up your alley. between that and the 370z, id choose the evo. what about a sti? the new one looks pretty spiffy.

also back to mercedes, theres the a45 amg as well. might give you a more enjoyable ride as the curb weight is a little bit less.

Haha my preferences lean towards the Evo over the STI. big debate huh?

I made mention of the CLA45 amg and my impressions of it in my previous post. It is holding a strong position in the list.

Archived