Missy Elliott Shows Off Dramatic Weight Loss

sugarplum892

Missy in 1997/Missy in 2014 (FilmMagic/Twitter)
She's been working it all right.Missy Elliott showed off a much thinner figure when she stepped out to perform at Alexander Wang's H&M Collection launch in New York City on Thursday. The "Work It" rapper has reportedly lost around 70 pounds.
Missy Elliott performs at H&M event (Getty Images)
"Just got off stage thanks @ALEXANDERWANGNY and @hmusa for having me perform I enjoyed," Elliott, 43, tweeted after the event with the above photo of her sporting a Mean Girls-inspired hat that read, "You Can't Workout With Us."Missy is definitely feeling as good as she looks. In 2011, the "Lose Control" rapper revealed she was battling Graves' disease, an autoimmune illness that affects the thyroid.
"You live with it for the rest of your life," she told People. Elliott was diagonosed with the disease in 2008 after experiencing symptoms including dizzy spells, lumps in her throat, mood swings, hair loss, a fast heart rate, and bulging eyes. After radiation treatments and a year on medication, she felt better than ever.
"Under my doctor’s supervision, I’ve been off medication for about a year and I’m completely managing the condition thru diet and exercise," she said at the time.
Clearly, it's something Missy has maintained.Source

Archived