[Upcoming Drama 2014] Heroes 영웅들 (FTISLAND‘s Choi Jong Hoon)

Guest ftiamor

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"FTISLAND’s Choi Jong Hoon Confirmed to Star in Upcoming JTBC Drama as Lead Role
choi-jong-hoon.jpg

It has been confirmed that FTISLAND‘s Choi Jong Hoon will be starring as the lead role in a new JTBC youth drama titled “Heroes” (working title).

According to FTISLAND’s agency, FNC Entertainment, on October 13, Choi Jong Hoon has officially been cast for the upcoming drama, scheduled to begin airing this coming November.

“Heroes” will focus on youths in their 20s and will follow the stories of their lives. Within the storyline, the FTISLAND member will be taking on the role of Choi Hee Yeol, a character who attended school in America and possesses leadership, as well as a high-spirited personality.

Choi Jong Hoon has previously appeared in tvN’s “Let’s Go Time Expedition” and received a positive response from viewers.

Meanwhile, this upcoming drama is expected to air only once a week, running for a total of 24 episodes.

Soompi

FT Island’s Choi Jong-hoon heads JTBC youth dramaby javabeanschoijonghoon1.jpg

There’s a new youth-oriented drama in the works, titled Heroes and starring an idol from FT Island, Choi Jong-hoon. Wait, don’t click out yet just because of the word “idol”! The show is being produced for a run on JTBC—it’s a little out of the wheelhouse for them, since I would say their target age range is much older than the teens and twentysomethings being targeted by this show. But it needn’t be a bad thing, since many of the station’s shows do attract critical acclaim, and I’m always up for a well-crafted youth drama.

The news articles are pretty sparse on the story details, but let’s pick out what we can:Heroes is a drama centered around episodes depicting the lives of young twentysomethings, and Choi Jong-hoon’s lead character, who was schooled in the States, will have a bold and leader-like personality. I know, I told you it’s not much, but in the absence of more details I’ll choose to take an optimistic view.

Full article: Dramabeans

Guest popiloey

Read on allkpop that Hong Jin Ho will be acting in this drama :) 
Asiandramawiki also states that Lee Doohee and Hong Jin Ho will be acting in this drama. I'm anticipating it because I became a fan of Jinho after watching The Genius (variety show).
http://asianwiki.com/Heroes_(Korean_Drama)

JTBC youth drama Heroes casts Lee Elijahby javabeans elijah_16.jpg

Hm, how do I feel about this? JTBC’s “youth drama” Heroes, which recently cast FT Island idol Choi Jong-hoon in the lead, has now cast Lee Elijah (Wonderful Season, Basketball) as another lead.

In Heroes, she will play the only character attending university; she’s a computer programming major who, like the typical modern twentysomething, is fixated on attaining the proper “specs” (i.e., resumé builders) in order to secure a good career and future. I do wish we were given more information about the plot since “youth drama” is so vague, but this is all we know for sure.

As for casting: On the one hand, Lee Elijah was pretty cringe-inducing in Basketball, and I found her acting not only inexperienced but sometimes even confusing—as in, I wasn’t even sure what she was intending to convey, never mind how well she conveyed it. But on the other hand, she was tons better in the family drama Wonderful Season, where she played the offbeat, idol-loving elementary-school teacher who romanced Taecyeon. In fact, if I’d seen her in Wonderful Season first I wouldn’t have thought anything of her other than that she seemed like a nice, bubbly rookie; it’s probably too bad that she got cast in a more complicated and ambitious role as her debut.

Read more here: Dramabeans

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ftiamor

Choi JongHun's IG post 29 octB1Ff1ztCcAAQJsq.jpg

I suppose the make-up they put on him is for the drama, so they already started shooting but why there is no news or trailers...? :-? :!!

Guest ftiamor

HeeYeol is comming back from studying abroadB1MskpuCMAIlWwQ.jpg
cr. su_binyyy/AnotheR_baoy1n9
JongHun keeps on shooting for the drama but where are the other actors/actresses?

Guest ftiamor

@Miky88 Thanks for informing us. I didn't recognize Ahn Nae Sang. Hehehe, as a primadonna i was just watching our sexy leader Choi JongHun and didn't pay attention to the person next to him. Sorry :\"> , hehehe. It would be good if Ahn Nae Sang play HeeYeol's father. He is good actor, JongHun has a lot to learn from him if they work together.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ftiamor

Choi JongHun IG update from the filming set of HeroesWhile filming, he encourages the students for the exams.B2QCExQCIAEBEgy.jpg

By the way, sorry leader but i realy hate this hair style!  :))

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ftiamor

I already started to worry what's going on with this drama and to think that maybe it's canceled but Jonghun updated his IG with a new pic from the filming set of the drama. So they keep on shooting. Soon it's time to start as it was scheluded for November.
10408644_269073936550269_530629021718071

Archived