Confused by nice girl

Guest whyme2

Guest whyme2

I'm a very quiet girl and there is this very nice girl who has quite a lot of friends, but she likes to talk with me even though sometimes I don't respond that much. She would even sit with me when I sit alone instead of her friends during class, like her friends will call her then she will come back to sit with me I look very uninterested most times but she will keep asking me questions and talk with me. I even sometimes try to avoid her like look somewhere else when I bump into her, but she will smile and say hello to me. Somehow, I got confused why she's acting so nice with me even when I don't have much to offer or say back? Strangely I developed feelings for her but I'm not sure what her intention is? Is she just a genuinely nice person? I like her because she enjoys talking with me though I'm too quiet and awkward.

Guest chindarella

There really isn't enough information for me to give you an answer you would like to hear. She could genuinely just be a nice girl who is trying to be friends with you. I mean, there are some people who may appear to have many friends and get along with every body but at the end of the day, she doesn't connect with those people. Perhaps she sees a friendship in you and a comfort in your silence that she doesn't see in her other friends. 

I think she's a genuinely nice girl.I do this with a lot quiet guys in my classes, especially the nerdy quiet ones, not because I want to flirt with them and get them to like me or something. But because I like to get to know people and talk to them and see how they are. I really enjoy talking to people and finding out things about them that no one knows and getting them to have a conversation with me. Sometimes if a person is isolated from everyone, I like to talk to them because I know what it is like to be ignored by everyone around you because you don't talk a lot, or sometimes, because you're Asian and they're a prejudice that you're just this nerdy boring kid. I might sit next to them because I know what it's like to not know anyone and be alone. I think the girl just has the same mindset, I wouldn't worry too much :) Just take it as it is

I do agree not really a lot of information to go on here but I suspect she is being nice. Trying to perhaps befriend you. No one should be alone.
To be sure you could ask her directly why she talks to you and hopefully she tells the truth.

Do you have an older brother/cousin or close connection to a guy that's really cute or really popular? If so then she maybe trying to find a way in through you. If not then she may be a genuinely nice person or she could be the devil in disguise. Keep your guard up and be friendly on a superficial level. Don't disclose anything that could be used against you and trust your gut instinct. I'm with you on this, it seems suspect to me. I've been on the receiving end of cruel treatment though so I am a bit cynical.

• 3 weeks later...

Shes genuinely nice like others have said. Honestly she sounds like me when I was younger. I grew up being alone so much; I eventually made a lot of friends. Ever since, if I ever saw anyone "out of place" or alone I would try to comfort them and friend them cause I understood the feeling of being alone and I never want to make some feel that way just because ive friended everyone. You should try to talk to her ,because most people arent that nice and hard to come across.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest applejuicechaser

Let me get this straight. You are a girl and you like another girl, like as in- a lesbian? Or as a friend?

Whether this is in terms of intimate interest, or just interests of being friends- i suggest you keep your guards up.

For instance, I'm sort of like you, but i don't see myself as "shy". I see myself more reserved, and better yet a realist, at most. I'm a tall attractive male, and i'm pretty quiet because i'm mindful. I can be loud and goofy if i feel like it, but most people in society are fake. So i keep it moving forward.

When people come up to you, you need to know what their intentions are. Some people might warm up to you because they want to learn a trait from you, that they may not have. These types of people are selfish and are also the give-and-take type of people. You want to look for someone who genuinely respects you, and are truly not selfish. These types of genuine people are experienced through life, and have very sincere vibes.

• 1 year later...

Archived