Need input/analysis of most interesting text - [updated!]

Ninshark

Ok soomps, this has gotta be the most interesting text I've ever received!!!

So I met a girl through friends a few days ago, we were all hanging out and they were all friends, one of which was my roommate who invited me to hang out with them. There was a girl there who was really easy to talk to, and she kept talking to me too. I guess this is what you call chemistry, there was quite a bit of that for sure. We made plans to do activities together sometime and as the group hopped from bar to bar, I got her to ride my car. The interaction was good, and I'd have to say, I would definitely take the necessary steps to make some moves soon...

So I go home and text her saying it was good to meet her and she was really cool. And then, the text I receive... keep in mind this is the first text.

-went something along the lines of... "It was great meeting you too, but just to warn you I have a bf already"

WHOAAA!!! Hold ON! STEP BACK a sec!!! What did she say again??? Wow, so unexpected, I was speechless lol. We didn't even talk about that stuff, and I didn't ask or anything. just blurted it out to me. hahaha, ooooomg, ok, so what does that mean?

Alright people, so I just want to know what you guys think of this. I asked my friends about this and so far I've gotten some good/interesting responses. Tell me what you guys think of this and what does this mean? How should I take this and think of it in my head? What do you guys think she was thinking when she wrote that? Definitely one of the most interesting texts I've ever received.
I'm not too worried about it though, although she is definitely someone who I'd date, she really is a great person, and I am happy to be her friend.

***update***

I hung out with her a few more times, as a group and stuff, learned more about her personality, she really is just this straightforward kind of person. if she feels something, she'll say it, no filter. she would say things without thinking. it could be her introversion and lack of social skills.

2 examples of what she said before that I rarely hear from normal people:

"That's why I asked you to hang out, because I think you're interesting, if you weren't, then I'd be like- ok, see you at the next group hang out or karaoke then."
There was a girl talking about how she is really dependent on men and needs to be in a relationship, and my friend commented: "I feel really bad for you." I told her she shouldn't say that, she asked me 'why?' -__- haha, so yeah, even though I totally agree that the dependent girl has issues (>10 ex bfs), I wouldn't say that to her face, especially because she probably is already troubled.

Guest motherducker

She most likely sensed that you were interested in her so she's letting you know right away not to further your interest because she has a boyfriend. 

Guest frnknstn

A lot of girls assume every guy that talks nicely to them is flirting with them, which is pretty shallow and stupid if you ask me.

As for your text, she most likely thought you liked her in that way. (More than a friend that is)

Guest mightyleaf

To me, she sounds really arrogant. Haha. OR you were coming on pretty strong without realizing it and she said that. Why not just ask her? "What do u mean by that?"

Guest severus

She could smell your thirst and decided to do something about it.

I was excited to see "most interesting text", and severely disappointed is an understatement. 

Guest xMirielle

Could be her boyfriend being jealous when she told him about her night and he forced her to text you back like that. ( from personal experience)Or she just sensed the chemistry and its nice that she didn't lead you on 

Guest chindarella

From a girls P.O.V. I think she may have just gotten a very good vibe from you, and had the feeling if she didn't step in now, things could possibly progress to a stage where it would be a little awkward...if that makes sense? I mean you did say you had good chemistry and you would take the necessary steps to make some moves soon, so perhaps she felt that chemistry, but to save her richard simmons she just had to put it out there first so you know not to cross that line and save that awkwardness. But having said that, that text message in itself is pretty awkward especially for a first message. I would personally never do that and probably go around it in a more subtle way! 
Anyway, thats my input! 

Guest Rekidai

You guys have good chemistry and she sense that later on you might end up liking her so she bluntly just told you she has a bf so you will only see her as friend and nothing more. 

Some girls use this as a excuse to test the water but this may be real this case. I assume the girl just wants to be friends. It isnt unusual for these things to happen. I have a lot of friends who are girls and I would say I have been friendzoned as they all look at me like a brother but that doesnt bother me as I have a gf. She did mention having a bf in the message however which is very upfront. This may imply she knows that the two of you had a connection but just want to keep things as just friends. If the unfortunate situation of them breaking up in the future and you two are great friends i suggest comforting her. It may work in your favor.

Ninshark said: Ok soomps, this has gotta be the most interesting text I've ever received!!!

So I met a girl through friends a few days ago, we were all hanging out and they were all friends, one of which was my roommate who invited me to hang out with them. There was a girl there who was really easy to talk to, and she kept talking to me too. I guess this is what you call chemistry, there was quite a bit of that for sure. We made plans to do activities together sometime and as the group hopped from bar to bar, I got her to ride my car. The interaction was good, and I'd have to say, I would definitely take the necessary steps to make some moves soon...

So I go home and text her saying it was good to meet her and she was really cool. And then, the text I receive... keep in mind this is the first text.

-went something along the lines of... "It was great meeting you too, but just to warn you I have a bf already"

WHOAAA!!! Hold ON! STEP BACK a sec!!! What did she say again??? Wow, so unexpected, I was speechless lol. We didn't even talk about that stuff, and I didn't ask or anything. just blurted it out to me. hahaha, ooooomg, ok, so what does that mean?

Alright people, so I just want to know what you guys think of this. I asked my friends about this and so far I've gotten some good/interesting responses. Tell me what you guys think of this and what does this mean? How should I take this and think of it in my head? What do you guys think she was thinking when she wrote that? Definitely one of the most interesting texts I've ever received.
I'm not too worried about it though, although she is definitely someone who I'd date, she really is a great person, and I am happy to be her friend.

I was expecting something really hot and steamy, but shame on me I guess.

Everyone is telling you that you've been friend zoned, but I find that strange.

My first impression was that she is willing to shag you anyway, but she told you she has a boyfriend just so you know.

Sounds like a wonderful girl really. But I would not let this deter you. Boyfriends and Husbands and whatever have you, do mean absolutely nothing. Many would say otherwise, but they are fools to the reality of the human condition.

Relationships are backed only by human emotion, and as with the case of marriage, some stupid certification backed by this strange entity we call "Government".

Both of which are whimsical, and change just as the weather changes. Some days hot, some days cold...other days, you're feeling "just right".

I would continue the pursuit. Sounds like it could be really fun no?

This happens all the time and it's a re-occuring problem that stems from different interpretations and expectations from both parties. Here's the situation: guy sees pretty girl and initiates convo with her. Their conversation goes well as there is flow and response from both sides and make good impressions on each other. 
Guy's perspective: She's cute and we had good chemistry. She responded and contributed to the convo and looked enthusiastic and open, I am interested in pursuing this further and see where this may possibly lead if we continue sparking interest. (Usually if the guy gets the girl's number and persists in texting her and suggesting to meet up, how often is it that he only wants to be 'friends'?)
Girl's perspective: He seems like a decent guy who's not desperate or creepy and he's good at conversation too. I wouldn't mind being friends with him which is why I'll give him my number if he asks for it, but I don't want to jump to conclusions and seem too presuming by saying, 'Sorry, I have a bf' because that suggests that I PRESUME he's interested in me. (In other words, I don't want to mistake his friendliness for flirting)

Simply put, guys mistake being nice for flirting and girls don't know how to be direct about expressing little to no chance of further pursuit without seeming arrogant and presumptuous about his intentions despite how obvious his flirting is. The reason why she told you she had a bf in the text is her way of preventing you from being lead on further and getting hurt. So why can't girls just say, 'Sorry I'm not interested' or 'Sorry I have a bf' straight away? Because a number of rejected guys have whined 'What a b**ch, I wasn't even trying to hit on her' to defend their pride. 

She likes you as 'that nice guy I met, with whom I can have a good conversation' and she's probably all for being friends as long as you don't get too attached or develop feelings for her. With that in mind, is your interest in talking to her and meeting up with her for the purpose of developing a friendship as keen? From my experience, most guys who seem really keen to get to know the girl first stop talking to her as soon as they find out that she has a bf. 

Archived