Anne Hathaway: 'Fame f**ked me up for a long time'

sugarplum892

Anne Hathaway: 'Fame f**ked me up for a long time'
Anne Hathaway has discussed the effect fame has had on her life, saying that it "f**ked [her] up".
The Les Miserables actress was speaking with Elle UK when she explained that it took her a long time before she learnt how to deal with being famous.

Anne Hathaway in Elle UK November 2014

"This fame thing? F**ked me up for a really long time," she stated. "I didn't know how to do it. I didn't know how to engage with it. It stressed me out.
"People would say, 'You just have to be yourself'. And I was like, 'But I don't know who that is yet!'"
Hathaway added that she likes to stay positive and "[doesn't] need validation from anybody".
Anne Hathaway in Elle UK November 2014

"I'm not sitting here now worrying, 'What do you think of me?'" she told the publication. "With all due respect, you seem like a lovely lady, but I don't need you or anyone else to like me.
"And that's so liberating. It's a bit reveal, man."
Hathaway, who married Adam Shulman two years ago, also described the first year of her marriage as "insane", explaining: "So much happened so fast, and we didn't get to focus on just being married until about a year in."
Anne Hathaway on the cover of Elle UK November 2014

The full interview appears in the October issue of Elle UK, on sale October 2. Also available as a digital edition.

Source

Archived