How do I improve my focus for BadmintoN?

Guest Kerriganton

Guest Kerriganton

1. RUnning shoes from Nike is good enough for Badminton right? Is investing for a pair of badminton shoes really worth it?

2. After an hour of playing I am starting to lose focus even though I am not tired. I don't know why.. 0.0

1. nope running shoes from Nike is not good enough. Running shoes from Nike is often not even good enough for large amounts of running (like 30 miles a week), so don't use them for badminton. Badminton shoes have a special type of grip designed for the court and you will not slip (unless your shoe is dusty-then clean it). Yes, they are worth it and will probably last at least a year (unless you're like me and train many hours a week have footwork consisting of many steps and long rallies then they will last 5 months max). 
2. think more about the game, this probably means that you're mentally tired/bored. put feeling and consideration into every shot, because if you become too lazy to do that, it's hard to improve (even if you become super fit physically)

Guest Kerriganton

C Yuan said: 1. nope running shoes from Nike is not good enough. Running shoes from Nike is often not even good enough for large amounts of running (like 30 miles a week), so don't use them for badminton. Badminton shoes have a special type of grip designed for the court and you will not slip (unless your shoe is dusty-then clean it). Yes, they are worth it and will probably last at least a year (unless you're like me and train many hours a week have footwork consisting of many steps and long rallies then they will last 5 months max). 
2. think more about the game, this probably means that you're mentally tired/bored. put feeling and consideration into every shot, because if you become too lazy to do that, it's hard to improve (even if you become super fit physically)

Guest C Yuan

Kerriganton said: C Yuan said: 1. nope running shoes from Nike is not good enough. Running shoes from Nike is often not even good enough for large amounts of running (like 30 miles a week), so don't use them for badminton. Badminton shoes have a special type of grip designed for the court and you will not slip (unless your shoe is dusty-then clean it). Yes, they are worth it and will probably last at least a year (unless you're like me and train many hours a week have footwork consisting of many steps and long rallies then they will last 5 months max). 

• 4 months later...
Guest evelynxu

Maybe you should to set yourself a goal to improve in badminton? Or if you are just hitting with the same people all the time you might be bored so you can join in social badminton groups and play with different people? Not too sure but I love playing badminton with different people and different skill levels ^ ^ 

Guest sammyvu

I love badminton so much, I thought I was the only one,lol. I play it alot also. :)I wear regular Nike gym shoes to play in the school gym :)

Archived