UPDATED-Chelsea Clinton Debuts Svelte Post-Baby Body on Red Carpet

sugarplum892

itemprop="headline" style="font-family: ProximaNova-Light, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 2.25em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 1.11111em; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); word-wrap: break-word; letter-spacing: -1px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Chelsea Clinton gives birth to a baby girl
Chelsea Clinton has given birth to a baby girl named Charlotte.
The daughter of former US President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton tweeted the news earlier today (September 27).

The 34-year-old former NBC correspondent married Marc Mezvinsky in 2010, before announcing she was pregnant in April 2014.
She runs the Clinton Foundation with her parents and has often been tipped to follow them into politics. Her husband is an investment banker.
Ms Clinton stepped down from her role as NBC special correspondent in August to concentrate on her pregnancy, motherhood and work.
Her father was the 42nd president of the US, governing the country from 1993 until 2001.
Source

class="title" itemprop="headline" style="font-family: nimbus-sans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 50px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 0.9; margin: 0px 0px 20px; color: rgb(32, 32, 34); text-rendering: auto; letter-spacing: -0.07em; word-spacing: -0.04em; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Clintons "so happy" about granddaughter CharlotteBill and Hillary Clinton welcomed the birth of their granddaughter Charlotte in a statement Saturday, saying they're "blessed, grateful and so happy to be the grandparents of a beautiful girl."

bc.jpg
Former President Bill Clinton and his wife, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, hold their new granddaughter Charlotte, who was born Friday to their daughter Chelsea.

Charlotte Clinton Mezvinsky was born Friday evening to the Clintons' daughter, Chelsea, and her husband Marc Mezvinsky.
Chelsea Clinton, 34, announced the birth on Twitter, writing that she and her husband "are full of love, awe, and gratitude as we celebrate the birth of our daughter."
"At 7:03 PM on September 26th, we finally met Charlotte," she added on Saturday. "We're in love."

Clinton and Mezvinsky were married in 2010. The former first daughter first announced her pregnancy in April.
Former President Clinton and his wife, a former secretary of state and potential 2016 presidential candidate, said Saturday they are "thrilled to be with our daughter and her husband as they welcome their daughter into the world."
chelsea.jpg
Chelsea Clinton and her husband Marc Mezvinsky are shown in this photo with their daughter Charlotte

"Chelsea is well and glowing," they added. "Marc is bursting with pride. Charlotte's life is off to a good start."

The former first couple were shown holding the baby in a picture tweeted by Bill Clinton Saturday. "Charlotte, your grandmother @HillaryClinton and I couldn't be happier," he wrote.

In a tweet of her own, Hillary Clinton added, "@BillClinton and I are over the moon to be grandparents! One of the happiest moments of our life."
The former president was scheduled to attend a fundraiser in Colorado Saturday on behalf of Democratic Sen. Mark Udall and Gov. John Hickenlooper, but he was forced to cancel his appearance due to the birth.
Still, not even a brand new baby could keep Mr. Clinton, a legendary political animal, off the campaign trail entirely. He managed to call into the fundraiser by speakerphone, joking, "I hope I've got an excused absence."
"You all know my family just got a little bigger, and I thought I oughta stay right home where I'm needed," he said.
The new grandparents have both been waiting with bated breath for this moment. After Chelsea announced the pregnancy in April, Hillary Clinton tweeted, "My most exciting title yet: Grandmother-To-Be!"
Source

itemprop="headline" class="post-title" style="font-family: AvenirNext-Regular, ProximaNova, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 36px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 100; line-height: 44px; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 30px 50px 5px 10px; letter-spacing: -1px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34);"Chelsea Clinton Channels Kate Middleton as She Leaves the Hospital With Baby Charlotte
Chelsea-Clinton-Leaving-Hospital-Her-Bab

Chelsea Clinton and her husband, Marc Mezvinsky, emerged from the Lenox Hill Hospital with their newborn daughter, Charlotte, in NYC on Monday. The family of three was joined by a group of medical staff as well as Chelsea's parents, Bill and Hillary Clinton, as they posed for photos on the steps outside the building. Chelsea was all smiles as she held onto her baby girl and bore a striking resemblance to another well-known new mom; as she was clad in a blue printed dress and flats, we couldn't help but be reminded of the day Kate Middleton left the London hospital with baby Prince George in July 2013.
Chelsea and Marc welcomed Charlotte on Friday night and shared the happy news via Twitter the following day. Chelsea wrote, "Marc and I are full of love, awe and gratitude as we celebrate the birth of our daughter, Charlotte Clinton Mezvinsky." On Saturday afternoon, former President Bill Clinton posted a sweet snap of himself and Hillary playing with their new granddaughter, and Hillary tweeted out her own excitement, saying, ".@BillClinton and I are over the moon to be grandparents! One of the happiest moments of our life." Keep reading to see photos of Chelsea and her family heading home from the hospital.

Source

• 1 month later...

class="headline" id="yui_3_16_0_1_1415749867710_568" style="font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 35px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 300; line-height: 42px; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 0px; padding-top: 15px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-right: 40px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Chelsea Clinton Debuts Svelte Post-Baby Body on Red Carpet on First Night Out Since Welcoming Baby Charlotte1415714594_chelsea-clinton-glamour-award

Since giving birth to her daughter, Charlotte, on Sept. 26, Chelsea Clinton has been at home getting to know her little lady. But on Monday, Nov. 10, the former First Daughter finally stepped out for her first post-baby public appearance at Glamour's 2014 Women of the Year Awards in New York City.

Clinton, 34, walked the red carpet in a black, sleeveless dress with floral embroidery—a look that showcased an already slim waistline. She also added metallic pumps to her ensemble for a dash of shine.

The Vice Chair of The Clinton Foundation kept her beauty look simple, though, leaving her ombre hair loose and down, and adding only minimal makeup.
Clinton's husband of four years, hedge fund manager Marc Mezvinsky, joined her for photos on the red carpet, sneaking in kisses on her cheek.
Upon accepting her WOTY Award alongside fellow honorees, including Hollywood celebs Lupita Nyong'o, Robin Roberts, Mindy Kaling, and Laverne Cox, Clinton gave a speech that focused on her new baby girl. "This is my first night out," she noted and laughed. "I had started to wonder if I'd ever wear a nice dress or high-heeled shoes again or have adult conversations!"
Chelsea Clinton Debuts Svelte Post-Baby Body on Red Carpet on First Night Out Since Welcoming Baby Charlotte

But then she got serious: "I've spent most of the 6 1/2 weeks of Charlotte's life… at peace with the present and [with] anxiety about the future," Clinton added. "Because I want her to grow up to be whatever she dreams to be and do whatever she chooses, and that's not the world we live in today."
Acknowledging that she has at least two great female mentors in her life—her mother, Hillary Clinton, and her grandmother, Dorothy Howell Rodham—the Stanford graduate told the audience that she wants to concentrate her efforts with the Clinton Foundation even more on women's rights, "so that Charlotte and every little girl can be whatever she dreams and whatever she hopes."
Source

Archived