super dry hair??

Guest lilgangwolf

Guest lilgangwolf

Ever since I moved to SoCal, my hair is so so so dry. My sister has even commented on how my long hair just poofs up into this dry tangled mess neck-down. 
Ive tried products such as the Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum and Moracconoil Frizz Control and Marrakesh Argan and Hemp Oil Therapy.  But its not really helping my hair become silky smooth (which it has actually never attained...). I have used coconut oil before as well, but after using it for awhile, my hair gets super super greasy cause I cant quite control the portion. If its too little, it doesnt do much for my hair. Too much, and bam, grease ball. Even then, the coconut oil just feels like its on top of super super dry hair.
I've also used hair masks 2-3x a week since 2months ago, not that much of a difference either. The hair mask was 'its a 10 mask' and some others recommended by the hair stylists. 
So any recommendations on how to revive my dry dry hair? Anything I missed that I can try?
help please!thanks!

Guest koreankimchi123

Your hair need to be moisturized. Oils only nourrish your hair but don't moisturize cause there is no water in oils.
Try everything that contain water: aloe vera gel (best!!), coconut water, milk, yoghurt but avoid powders like henna (super drying effect.....)

How often are you washing your hair? Washing it too often is bad for your hair!! Also, I'm surprised coconut oil isn't working for you. Are you applying it to the top of your head? Because it should only be concentrated on the ends where your natural hair oils can't reach. And shampooing your hair when your ready to remove the mask is important to remove the oil.

if you have dry hair you should never wash your hair everyday you should wash your hair only if your hair is greasy I wash my hair every 3 day when the roots are slightly greasy if I wash my dry hair everyday my hair will be more dry your scalp naturally produces oil so you should never use a conditionner, a mask ,a serum or oil for dry hair on the roots only the shampoo .I don't know if your hair are damaged but if it is damaged it's useless to use only products for dry hair you need to add a repairing product in your routine .your hair will look more healthy I have thin and dry  hair and I use a nourishing shampoo for colored hair and a repairing conditionner after I wash my hair I put some oil  then I blowdry my hair and when my hair are dry I use oil again if needed  you should not use too much oil or product for dry hair it will only make your hair greasy and you should only use few drop of oil I only use 2 or 3 drops it's better to use a little bit of oil ,serum or cream for dry hair every day sometimes I just use a dry shampoo in between washes to avoid to wash or use blowdry  or flat iron  it's recommended to wash hair less frequently too keep it healthy 

Archived