How to make it to 2nd date?

ReckLESS_

I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong that I don't get asked to go on a second date.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated. 

The first date(he asked me out) I have with the guy was pretty good I would say, and he showed interest as well, so I don't know whats going on.  He would flirt, make fun of me, and also playfully try to walk into me.  But this guy he drinks, smokes, and curses maybe he thinks I'm too good for him? Haha maybe im being too conceited here.

Help. I think I really like this guy, but the other thing is he's talking to ex a lot on snapchat, and maybe they didn't break up at all?..I met this guy online....

You think you like him?

Well it's not hard to figure that out.

Are you afraid to admit that you like him? Perhaps you're shy? Well obviously, otherwise there wouldn't be a question of HIM asking YOU for a second date now would it?

He sounds like a fun guy. There are many reasons why he may not have asked you. None of which are even worth mentioning because there are just too many.

Since it is quite apparent you like him, why don't you just ask him if you're interested? What is the point of creating a topic asking a bunch of fools (Myself included) what you should do with your personal life?

No need to be afraid of rejection, or whatever silly thing it is you might be afraid of. Let us fast forward to when you're old and dying, and maybe you have the mental faculties to reminisce about your past. And now that the reality of our frail and short mortal lives has become so apparent in your old age, perhaps now you wish you had a lot more courage in your younger years and you lived more fully?

So go and ask him if it's such a concern to you. Or not. There are plenty of dcks out there, large and small, that would love to have you I am sure.

Guest fairytaledreamer

Sometimes it's not you, ...like myself I've been on a few dates and there are many times where I just don't bother talking to them at all, or just change the subject whenever they asked me for a 2nd date.

ReckLESS_ said: I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong that I don't get asked to go on a second date.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated. 

The first date(he asked me out) I have with the guy was pretty good I would say, and he showed interest as well, so I don't know whats going on.  He would flirt, make fun of me, and also playfully try to walk into me.  But this guy he drinks, smokes, and curses maybe he thinks I'm too good for him? Haha maybe im being too conceited here.

Help. I think I really like this guy, but the other thing is he's talking to ex a lot on snapchat, and maybe they didn't break up at all?..I met this guy online....

Lie has covered the issue revolving the guy you're vying after.

Here's something I'd like to ask you regarding the general issue [of not getting to the second date]:
Have you considered that perhaps you could initiate the second date?
Assuming the guy always initiates the interaction, don't you think it would help if you responded or hinted after the first date that you were interested in a second one? If I asked you out and then heard nothing from you for some time after the date, what else am I going to draw from your silence aside from the fact that you're either too busy to spend time with me or just aren't interested? You don't even have to directly ask for a second date, anything along the lines of, "Hey, there's a LEGO museum that just opened downtown, we should check it out sometime!" or "I enjoyed dinner the other night, have you been to blahblahblah? Let's try it out when you have the chance." I'm always baffled with girls who say next to nothing after a date, waiting for me to initiate again, like a chess player sitting there not realizing it's their turn.

5880 said: Lie has covered the issue revolving the guy you're vying after.

Here's something I'd like to ask you regarding the general issue [of not getting to the second date]:
Have you considered that perhaps you could initiate the second date?
Assuming the guy always initiates the interaction, don't you think it would help if you responded or hinted after the first date that you were interested in a second one? If I asked you out and then heard nothing from you for some time after the date, what else am I going to draw from your silence aside from the fact that you're either too busy to spend time with me or just aren't interested? You don't even have to directly ask for a second date, anything along the lines of, "Hey, there's a LEGO museum that just opened downtown, we should check it out sometime!" or "I enjoyed dinner the other night, have you been to blahblahblah? Let's try it out when you have the chance." I'm always baffled with girls who say next to nothing after a date, waiting for me to initiate again, like a chess player sitting there not realizing it's their turn.

Yeah ...his ex is 99% still sending him shirtless snaps. Move along.

Also if I wanted a second date with anyone I would initiate (unless he beats me to it). The whole hard to get thing is nonsense.

Side note, it's really annoying when guys ask you out on another date during the first date. I'm a straightforward person but I can never reject anyone in person, and I'm a terrible liar so copouts in person don't work. STOP DOING THIS, men. It makes girls feel cornered into a second date.

severus said: Yeah ...his ex is 99% still sending him shirtless snaps. Move along. Also if I wanted a second date with anyone I would initiate (unless he beats me to it). The whole hard to get thing is nonsense. Side note, it's really annoying when guys ask you out on another date during the first date. I'm a straightforward person but I can never reject anyone in person, and I'm a terrible liar so copouts in person don't work. STOP DOING THIS, men. It makes girls feel cornered into a second date.

Keion said:
severus said: Yeah ...his ex is 99% still sending him shirtless snaps. Move along. Also if I wanted a second date with anyone I would initiate (unless he beats me to it). The whole hard to get thing is nonsense. Side note, it's really annoying when guys ask you out on another date during the first date. I'm a straightforward person but I can never reject anyone in person, and I'm a terrible liar so copouts in person don't work. STOP DOING THIS, men. It makes girls feel cornered into a second date.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say it is time to move on. This guy seems caught up on his ex. He has to get over her first before he can really start dating again which may take some time.

If you do really like this guy and he is your type why not be upfront and make a move?

ayahuasca said: Keion said:

Archived