Guys reacting differently to how much make up girls wear

inxomnia

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bustle/how-men-on-tinder-reacted-to-three-different-levels-of-makeup_b_5508765.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular
How accurate do you think this 'social experiment' is, from your personal experience? I mean, I hear about lots of guys who say they prefer girls who wear natural make up (though, even then a lot can't tell the difference sometimes) but do you 'judge' a girl differently based on how much make up they're wearing.  

There are a lot of flaws in this "experiment." I won't go too far into detail, but the big thing that stands out to me is what she's doing in her pictures and the background that's in them. 
No makeup - There's one of her outside, in the wilderness. And one of her dog. These show her interests; you can more easily judge her personality.Moderate makeup - She has an alcoholic beverage in hand. This kind of implies she's open to having a "good time".More makeup - All of her pics are inside! Not sure what kind of message this might send but the focus in these ones is truly just her face and the way she looks. 
Too many extraneous variables and confounds. 

• 2 months later...
Guest susipantss

i think you are who you are and if someone wants to feel and look different, not necessarily better, then why not.  who cares where they are and how they look at the time, everyone should learn to appreciate everyones beauty as they show it not how we take it.  I understand sometimes other girls take it up a notch in a non classy way, but we don't need to put attention to those that ruin it for the rest of us makeup lovers.  It's art.

• 2 months later...

As a young woman, I feel that having some light makeup on at work is good and makes me look presentable, feel confident, etc. I'm not sure what men think of too-little or too-much make-up but if a woman wants to wear some, she shouldn't feel like she's being judged.

I wear some makeup when going to work too. It's just some face powder and lipstick anyway. I'm very pale so I totally need the lipstick otherwise I look like a zombie.
I don't really care what guys think about me and my makeup since I think there's an appropriate occasion for everything. I've worn heavy makeup when I went to a dinner party but you wouldn't catch me wearing heavy makeup when all I'll really be doing is go to the grocery.
I wouldn't want to be judged by how much makeup I use since like I said it varies with the occasion and the place of course. Also, makeup isn't what makes me who I am. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Chendae

Her 'heavy' makeup was just her light makeup but with lipstick. Besides, if I were to do a social experiment, I wouldn't really trust Tinder for accurate results. 

• 3 months later...

Archived