I feel like these are the two factors that are extremely helpful in getting dates/relationships...

Guest Kerriganton

Guest Kerriganton

-Having a job
-Living by yourself

These two will help you a lot from what I have heard. Physical attractiveness aside, it seems that socially these two factors are one of the most important things in getting dates.
What do you guys think?

While I'd say there are many more factors involved, those two definitely does help out in the hunt lol
"Having a stable full-time job" would be even more important!

Guest I_play_with_dolls

You post a lot about what it takes to attract the opposite sex (or same sex as well) and I always wondered if your dating/love life is actually successful. 

I think living at home is fine. I mean maybe they have multiple investment properties or they just want to help out their family.

A job just equals an income. Doesnt mean they are well off. They could be in huge debt and living paycheck to paycheck. So maybe that point should be reworded as 'being financially stable' rather then having a job.

I agree with @esapele.
Having a job may also provide you experiences of the wider society and that may mean more maturity.I think personality and how one communicates is most important in terms of developing/continuing a relationship,

Guest nigel84

In addition to these, you should have attraction in your personality and above all you should have courage to talk to a female, so that you can kick off a relation. Lols :D

Guest Kerriganton

esapele said: I think living at home is fine. I mean maybe they have multiple investment properties or they just want to help out their family. A job just equals an income. Doesnt mean they are well off. They could be in huge debt and living paycheck to paycheck. So maybe that point should be reworded as 'being financially stable' rather then having a job.

Guest missingoutinlife1980

Yeah, money is definitely one factor that attracts a date. She usually wants a boyfriend or future husband who can financially take care of her. Of course, you want to avoid the gold diggers. But sadly, money is a large factor in solidifying a relationship.

I don't know much about living alone. I guess this is true, as your date doesn't want your parents butting in/interfering with your relationship.

Next, third, factor is sadly, your physical appearance and looks. Some here may disagree with me. But if you're fat, smelly, but wealthy, pretty girls will still not like you on a romantic level.

No, they aren't the most important things. Not even close.

Only sad sots rely on their possessions to attract women.

It also depends on who you're trying to attract. Some women like Gold more than Love, in this case, you will be correct in that your job and your residence will play a part.

But no, usually not. Most would say Confidence is most important. I agree that is is very important, but true confidence is a byproduct of your Awareness of yourself and the world around you.

So essentially, intelligence is the most important trait in getting women.

You can be homeless, as I have been, and be extremely confident in what you say, and most people will listen to you or even follow you. I have walked into bars, dressed averagely, and owned nothing but my clothes, and still met women who trusted me enough to take me to their place.

And I even told them that I was homeless, but they would have never guessed.

This was a while ago anyway.

And I am only ever interested in real relationships. Whether or not they last is irrelevant. People come and go, and so do I.

And I'm not super attractive either.

Your looks do play a large part, but only idiots rely solely on looks. Your looks are relative to your confidence level. You walk differently, talk differently, and look differently when you're confident. You think differently too, you see things differently. Your laughs echoes, and you're just full of fun and joy, everyone wants to be near you.

And here you have these dolts working hard at the gym purely for aesthetics and female approval. Sure, it'll help, but it means nothing if you can't "sport" what you got.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest missingoutinlife1980

Lie said:Regardless of what anyone says, appearance definitely gets you in the door. A lot of girls will give you a chance even if they're not attracted right away (assuming you're friendly and have some of the things kerriganton mentioned going for you), but it's a MUCH easier road if she does find you physically attractive from the get-go. Not to mention, it can be kind of depressing to be in one of those situations where you're waiting/wishing for the girl to develop a physical attraction (assuming the emotional attraction is already there) if there is none.

One thing I will say though, is that I've seen a lot of posts from people on this forum (not yourself) who basically have resigned themselves to the idea that they're unattractive and always will be. In my experience outside of extreme cases it's really not that difficult to bump your attractiveness up quite a bit if one puts some effort into the gym, hygiene, and dressing themselves decently. I'd also say, I don't hold this against girls because guys are just as concerned with physical appearance as girls, if not moreso. In fact, I'd probably argue moreso. For some reason as guys we assume girls shouldn't care about looks even though we do, which is a bit silly.

Financial security definitely plays a part in giving a person the confidence they need to appear attractive to the opposite sex. This is different from financial stability where a person may have a solid income but much of that income goes to debts leaving little disposable income. Security is more about having a solid income, paying off expenses while still having enough disposable income for other things. 
Living by yourself shows that you're able to provide for yourself and take care of yourself, both important points in attracting a partner. It's hard to overlook someone who may be generally average looking but is able to cook, iron, clean, repair stuff on their own. 
People who are financially secure as well as possessing solid life skills will exude confidence that anyone would find attractive without looks being a huge factor. However, a third factor that makes one even more attractive is having a solid family structure and being close to the family. Someone financially secure and confident in their ability to take care of themselves means squat if they're a douchebag to their family

• 2 months later...

While those two factors are key in kickstarting a relationship, they are by no means a deciding factor. Some have mentioned in posts before me, that while holding down a job is good, the person might be struggling financially i.e. credit card debt, living from hand to mouth etc. I think being financially stable is much better. No matter how you want to discount it, money does talk. You definitely want to be someone who can provide and is capable/responsible, this is where the living on your own part comes in. I don't mind if the guy still lives with his parents, however that might put a damper in the romance department!  

Archived