Would you buy clothes from Korea?

Guest amuseapp

Guest amuseapp

Hey guys,
New to the forum but wanted to hear your opinions on whether you would buy Korean clothes.
We have launched a mobile app that aggregates and sells the latest styles sold on Korean internet clothing stores. We literally launched about a month ago and are looking for ways to continually improve the shopping experience for our users. We want to build the app into a global marketplace for all things related to Korean fashion / beauty. With that in mind, we would really appreciate any feedback you have on buying Korean clothes online.
Below are some questions we have, but feel free to add any feedback:

1. Would you buy Korean clothes?
2. If so, why would you choose Korean clothes over local retailers? If not, why wouldn't you buy Korean clothes?3. What would be the most important factor for you if you were to buy clothes from Korea? (e.g. price point, shipping fee, not being able to try it on before buying, etc.)4 What clothing category would you be most interested in? (e.g. outerwear, K-pop fan paraphernalia, make-up, dresses, underwear, swimwear, etc.)5. Any other tips / suggestions you have for us OR any issues you've had in your previous shopping experiences OR anything at all
Mod Note: E-mail edited out, please don't solicit on Soompi!

Guest VincentY

1. Yeah but I'm not in Korea to look personally.2. Local retailers don't do 34 - 36 inch chest, also pants are way too long for me as I am short.3. Price/Shipping, needs to be low enough to not be a big risk first. I bought some stuff from Aliexpress which I never wore as it's quality is appalling.4.....5. Aliexpress refunds a small amount if quality is richard simmons.

1. Yes of course! The clothes are so cute. That's like half the reason I want to visit Korea. So I can go on a huge shopping spree.
2. I guess it's just different. I mean, I like certain local stores too, it's just that sometimes it's fun to find new clothing that you don't normally see at, say, your local mall.3. Whether I like the particular piece of clothing. If there are many reviews available on the seller - and most of the reviews are good. And of course price and shipping. If it exceeds the amount I would normally spend on local stores, I will probably not buy it.4 I suppose just whatever fashion is currently popular in Korea. I like clothing that is generally pretty simply, but then there are one are two aspects that are unique and eye-catching. So I'd be looking out for stuff that catches my eye.5. DO NOT EVER post pictures of products that are noticeably different from the product that the customer will be receiving. People would rather have a bad picture than a misleading picture. The store will receive bad reviews and suffer for it.

1. Yeah, I'd buy Korean clothes on line. Have in fact already bought a few times involving substantial amounts.2. From my experience, Korean clothes are cheaper (than my country's) and better or at par with the good brands in my country. Style is unique and chic.3. Shipping and lack of photos of clothes on models. Precise measurement please4. Outerwear, t-shirt, shoes,jewelry5. Fast communication please. Easy to navigate website

Guest Toadie

1. Yesss2. The quality is pretty good and worth its price. The style is pretty similar to european style which i like (i.e. coii, sugarfun, envylook and stylementor are pretty good imo). I miss shopping on Gmarket. The shipping is too much so I stopped going on there =/3. Shipping fees (but if you have to make it free shipping and raise your products' prices instead.....good luck running that kind of business. I'm not a person who is going to buy a 40$+ tshirt online even though it offers free ship)4. Outerwear, accessories/jewelry, shirts/blouses, tshirt, pants ;) 5. Accurate pictures, good customer service (fast replies) 
Hope your app becomes big!

Guest amuseapp

VincentY said: 1. Yeah but I'm not in Korea to look personally.2. Local retailers don't do 34 - 36 inch chest, also pants are way too long for me as I am short.3. Price/Shipping, needs to be low enough to not be a big risk first. I bought some stuff from Aliexpress which I never wore as it's quality is appalling.4.....5. Aliexpress refunds a small amount if quality is richard simmons.

Guest amuseapp

jjaebum said: 1. Yes of course! The clothes are so cute. That's like half the reason I want to visit Korea. So I can go on a huge shopping spree.
2. I guess it's just different. I mean, I like certain local stores too, it's just that sometimes it's fun to find new clothing that you don't normally see at, say, your local mall.3. Whether I like the particular piece of clothing. If there are many reviews available on the seller - and most of the reviews are good. And of course price and shipping. If it exceeds the amount I would normally spend on local stores, I will probably not buy it.4 I suppose just whatever fashion is currently popular in Korea. I like clothing that is generally pretty simply, but then there are one are two aspects that are unique and eye-catching. So I'd be looking out for stuff that catches my eye.5. DO NOT EVER post pictures of products that are noticeably different from the product that the customer will be receiving. People would rather have a bad picture than a misleading picture. The store will receive bad reviews and suffer for it.

Guest amuseapp

guccigal328 said: 1. Yeah, I'd buy Korean clothes on line. Have in fact already bought a few times involving substantial amounts.2. From my experience, Korean clothes are cheaper (than my country's) and better or at par with the good brands in my country. Style is unique and chic.3. Shipping and lack of photos of clothes on models. Precise measurement please4. Outerwear, t-shirt, shoes,jewelry5. Fast communication please. Easy to navigate website

Guest amuseapp

Toadie said: 1. Yesss2. The quality is pretty good and worth its price. The style is pretty similar to european style which i like (i.e. coii, sugarfun, envylook and stylementor are pretty good imo). I miss shopping on Gmarket. The shipping is too much so I stopped going on there =/3. Shipping fees (but if you have to make it free shipping and raise your products' prices instead.....good luck running that kind of business. I'm not a person who is going to buy a 40$+ tshirt online even though it offers free ship)4. Outerwear, accessories/jewelry, shirts/blouses, tshirt, pants ;) 5. Accurate pictures, good customer service (fast replies) 
Hope your app becomes big!

Guest amuseapp

kauish said: 1. Yes of course. If international shipping is offered, that would be great as I wouldn't need the hassle to use a parcel forwarding website. 2. I'm asian but was born in Australia and although I really adore cute Japanese and Korean clothing, it's really difficult to buy them in store here as people tend to dress very relaxed in western cultures. For example a loose singlet with denim shorts and flip flops. 3. Probably shipping. Free shipping if you spend over a certain amount would be cool. 4. Blouses with Peter Pan collars, just unique cute clothing that western shops don't stock. 5. Please state the measurements for the clothing in the description underneath. I was online shopping at this website and they didn't state measurements. Instead you would have to email them every time you wanted a measurement which was really annoying since they would reply like one week later. Didn't end up buying anything from the website as it was too tedious.

Archived