What do you do with textbooks?

Mannosuke

Depends on the school. If I can't buy them anywhere but the University bookstore, then that's what I do. Otherwise I buy them online at Amazon or something. Then, after the class is over, and if I don't need the books anymore, I just sell it back to the bookstore/online. Hoped that helped! Books are expensive-so good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest williamhernandez

I give my textbooks to my juniours, sometime they also give money to me for this, and it helps me to buy books for higher classer.

• 1 month later...

I buy used textbook from people in school for cheap because they post ads with a price or I buy them off ebay/amazon. After the school year, I put them on ads to resell them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For some dumb reason, I kept all my text books.  I didn't even look at them anymore after the semester was over. They were building up in my closet.
But I recently sold some to Chegg (only got $15 worth of credit) and donated the rest to them to clear the clutter. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest glamazon21

I typically buy and sell them used online on a website called Kijiji (kind of like Craigslist). If I can't find a good price I buy the ebook and look for coupon codes using Google to get discounts on the ebook. My University also has a Facebook group where people buy and sell books. 
I find that his is how I get books the cheapest way and once I'm done with the book I sell it and use that money to buy books for the next semester :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest severus

I have a lot of built in book shelves in my house... and they look ugly empty so I fill them with old $400 dollar textbooks. Financially smart, I know. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest lindorkss

LOl those were the days. when i was a freshmen i was naive and bought all the textbooks i needed before class. now i don't buy any of the textbooks LOL if needed, i find them online (huzzah for PDFs and/or useful friends who can find it if i don't). i mostly rely on lectures by professors. those textbooks i bought when i was a freshmen is sitting on my desk and collecting dust lmao no underclassmen buys textbooks anymore; it's all PDFs. if only i had known...
anyways, in the situation where i actually need the book and it is not online, my friend in the same class buys the textbooks, scans then, returns the textbook to the bookstore, and bam! PDFs.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest royenbryan

There are many schools that offer after school program in which hobby classes and academic sessions both are included. You can donate your textbooks there.

If you are not aware about those schools, then you can donate your books in the orphanage where lots of kids want to learn new things. Keeping them your textbooks with you is of no use. Sharing knowledge is always good :

On 30/12/2015 at 0:00 PM, royenbryan said:

There are many schools that offer after school program in which hobby classes and academic sessions both are included. You can donate your textbooks there.

If you are not aware about those schools, then you can donate your books in the orphanage where lots of kids want to learn new things. Keeping them your textbooks with you is of no use. Sharing knowledge is always good :

I agree with you Royen..

Donating your books is really a good work..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived