Second date with another girl - Japanese chick

Guest missingoutinlife1980

Rather than prolong my match-making agency thread, I wanted to make this thread regarding the first girl the agency paired me with.

I got to meet up one more time, second time, with the Japanese chick I was paired up with via the agency. I met her for the first time last week Friday. I called the agency on Monday, and told them that I had a good time with her, talking about her family, and her future goals in life. I think the Japanese girl also gave me decent rating and comments to the agency, as we both agreed on a second date.

I had lunch with her yesterday at a sushi shop. Since she's petite, she didn't have much of an appetite. Through conversation during lunch, I found out that she's lived in my area before, as she was a previous English language students at one of the various ESL schools here.

She is not much of a talker, as English is her second language. She is also a more quiet and reserved type of person. Nevertheless, she's petite and looks sexy to me!

After lunch of sushi, we decided to go to an ice cream shop. We had "mochi ice cream" together. She told me that Mochi ice cream is mainly popular in the US, but not common in Japan. That surprised me.

While driving to the ice cream, there was this polynesian transvestite standing on the sidewalk, chatting with another guy. I tried not to laugh, but she looked at the tranny guy, and asked me, "Is that guy or lady?" I cracked up so bad! She then told me a story of how her and her friends back in Japan call this old Japanese tranny, back in her Tokyo neighborhood, "kitty oji-san." She said something about this old 60 year old-ish guy in the Tokyo area who put on make-up, had a fake Hello Kitty mustache attached to his face, and dressed up in Hello Kitty apparel. Ew! I tried hard not to imagine how "kitty oji-san" looked like!

After ice cream, we decided to go to the theater.
Damn, I should have planned in advance. I was fumbling with my smart phone, trying to decide which movie to watch. I didn't want to go to a movie theater too far away from where we were at, and a movie that had a starting time within the next 30 minutes. The reason is she had an appointment later that afternoon, and I had to help my parents out that evening, with some errands. So we only had three hours left to spend time with each other.

Before going to the movie theater, I asked her straight up, if it's okay if she pays for her own movie ticket. Tickets during the day are $9.25 per person. The reason is I spent a lot of money on her on the previous date, and also money on lunch. I don't think she really understood my statement. (And honestly, I regret asking her that...)

I somehow, ended up decided that we should watch the movie, "If I Stay." I could see that she was either upset or tired, prior to the movie, because she bought her own movie ticket.

Uh oh. I effed up.

Before the movie started, and while people were seated watching the previews, I told her I would get her some popcorn and some bottled water. I came back with the popcorn and two bottled water, and she seemed more cheery.
Gosh, refreshments are so expensive! Total came out to $22.00!!!

I'd say the movie "If I Stay" was a pretty good movie, especially since the nerdy Julliard-bound girl was dating (kissing too!) that rock-star guy in her high school.

I wanted to hold her hands during the movie, especially the scene where the girl was kissing the guy, but don't know much about physical touch in Japanese culture, and when to start doing so after x-amount of dates.

Fast forward to today, I am sad, because she left for Japan this morning. =(

However, before we parted ways after I dropped her off after watching movie together, she said that we will keep in touch via "Line." (similar to Kakao Talk)

When I dropped her off at her condo, I knew it was going to be the last time I was going to see her, until she returns back either during December, or summer of next year (if she even does return!).

I am usually reserved on hugging and being physical with a girl, but I reached out and hugged her. =)

Just this morning before she departed to the airport, we also exchanged "Line" messages, where she thanked me for everything, and that she had a great vacation here.

I hope we do keep in touch via Line network.

If I do send her a message, what should I ask her? Like how was her day at work? How is the weather in Japan?

How often should I send her a Line message?

Guest VincentY

If she's leaving shouldn't you have had teased her eventually into a kiss and perhaps more? If you are attracted to her.

Maybe I am just immature.

VincentY said: If she's leaving shouldn't you have had teased her eventually into a kiss and perhaps more? If you are attracted to her. Maybe I am just immature.

So I am quite happy that I still keep in touch with this Japanese girl, via Line.

She recently sent me pictures of her with three other friends, at a dinner. I think she's the cutest of all four in the pictures.

However, I am guessing she's getting more busy with work, because rather than instantly respond to my Line messages, it's taking her two to four days to respond to my messages. But same here, as I have spent my entire Friday through Sunday working evening shifts.

• 3 months later...
Guest chiffonandtulerain

Awwww, I think I sense a spark here! Maybe it was best to not kiss her. If you ever see each other again, please let the kiss come naturally--those are usually the best, because they're so...pure. :)
Perhaps you should continue to talk to her on LINE. Get to know each other better. I really sense a potential spark for you two here. :)

Guest cynidoll

what exactly do you expect to be getting out of these dates that this agency is setting you up with? I mean.... the girl went back to Japan.....

Depends what your end goal is really. If you just want a platonic friendship then just msg her naturally whenever you feel like. But if you want something more then you got to play your cards right. But since she is back in Japan now, is going to be real difficult to escalate it further unless she is coming back soon.

Archived