UPDATED-Kai Ko will attend charity event for free

sugarplum892

itemprop="name" class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"China media industry bans Kai KoTaiwanese actor Kai Ko receives the highest penalty for celebrities and will be banned from China

According to Taiwan media reports, Taiwanese actor Kai Ko finally met his family members in the detention centre after his 14-day detention, his parents, brother and manager Angie Chai visited him yesterday.

Kai and his mother hugged and cried, while his father told him to take responsibility and face the matter bravely. The 23-year-old apologised repeatedly to those who were present and was sorry for letting his family, company, sponsors and fans down. Kai was also worried that his saga will affect movie earnings (Tiny Times 4) and the reputation of his company.

A Chinese character 'Zheng', which means upright, was written by Kai on the wall of the detention centre, a method he uses to count the number of days he has left in the detention centre.

In addition, The State Administration of Radio Film and Television of China has announced that Kai will be banned from the China media industry. Insiders revealed the ruling set by authorities to be the harshest for celebrities and may therefore end their showbiz careers.

It is said that Chinese movie Tiny Times 4, who features Kai as one of the male leads, will remove his parts in the film before releasing it in cinemas. As filming has already ended and Kai has a considerably large role in it, writer-director Guo Jingming has yet to make a response on this matter.

Co-starring as Kai's girlfriend in the movie, Amber Kuo clarified through her manager that she has not received any news and will continue to work as usual.

Besides the movie, Kai faced pull-outs from more than 10 endorsements including KFC China. Due to contractual terms, another chewing gum company will investigate the matter before deciding on Kai's endorsement.
F3CA2F256D5F917CF8EF2F7BA255.jpg
Source 

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Taiwan's prosecutors probing into Kai Ko's drug arrestTaiwan's prosecutors probing into Kai Ko's drug arrest

It was recently reported that the Taipei District Prosecutors Office has begun investigation into Taiwanese actor Kai Ko's drug arrest.

According to Focus Taiwan, on 20 August, a chief prosecutor revealed that Kai Ko's case was forwarded to them by the Taipei police and that the drug enforcement unit has recently requested assistance from the Beijing police who arrested the actor on 14 August.

The spokesman, Huang Mou-hsin, stated that Taiwanese prosecutors will determine the next thing to do after reviewing the evidence sent by the Chinese authorities and will expand their investigation if it clearly shows more Taiwanese persons are involved in using and/or providing drugs.

Since the rules in Taiwan enables criminal offenses committed in China to be punishable in accordance with the laws of Taiwan, it was speculated that the "Tiny Times" actor may be required to perform community service or end up on probation.

Meanwhile, Taiwanese opposition party, Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) recently urged Taiwan's government to intervene in Kai Ko's case, stating that the actor has been deprived of his basic rights since his detention in China.

A DPP spokesman alleged that Kai Ko has been detained for too long, has not been given a legal counsel and that his family was not the first to receive information about his detention.

Source

Kai Ko is losing endorsement deals
Kai Ko is losing endorsement deals

Following Kai Ko's recent drug arrest, it was revealed that fast food chain KFC has terminated its contract with the actor, and several others are expected to soon follow.

According to Sina News, the actor's arrest has already caused a crisis with the 19 brands he endorsed, 12 of them global companies, including Quaker Oat, Mondelez International and Canon.

It was also reported that skin care label NIVEA is also considering terminating Kai Ko's contract, with insiders claiming that his commercial advertisements is in the risks of being halted and sales are expected to decrease.

If Ko loses all his endorsements, it also means losing more than RMB 6 million (approximately USD 980,000) in monthly endorsement fees. In addition, the actor may also be in the danger of being sued by these corporations as a result of his negative image.

Meanwhile, Enlight Media, the company which produces Kai Ko's upcoming movie "My Rival is Superman", stated that it has been editing the movie's promotional campaigns and will be releasing it in October.

Source

itemprop="name" class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Papa ko: ko chen-tung accepts the punishments that he deserves0824-00282-008b2.jpg?t=14089009011770824-00282-008b3.jpg?t=1408900898614courtesy of on.cc_24MB002_.jpgKo Chen-Tung's father and brother arrive in Taiwan
courtesy of mingpao.com
Ko Chen-Tung remained under detention on drug charges in Beijing. According to Taiwan media reports, Taipei District Prosecutors Office has already joined the Ko Chen-Tung drug investigation. The soonest he is expected to return to Taiwan would be on the 28th. When Ko Chen-Tung arrives at the Taoyuan airport, the Taiwan police is expected to arrest him for further investigation. If confirmed that he has used marijuana, according to the law he could face three years in prison and rehab. 

Having visited Ko Chen-Tung in Beijing earlier, Papa Ko two nights ago returned to Taiwan. Papa Ko said that he absolutely would not blame Jaycee Chan (Fong Cho Ming). He said, "A friend is a friend, there is no need to say who is a bad influence on who. A friend is for life." 

Has Jackie Chan approached them? He declined to comment. Ko Chen-Tung's parents were rumored to first have to assist the Taiwan police with the investigation before returning to Taiwan, they hoped that when Ko Chen-Tung entered Taiwan he would not be taken away in handcuffs. 

Papa Ko yesterday morning around 4AM arrived in Taiwan, many media members have already been waiting at the airport. Papa Ko thanked everyone for their concern. He pointed out that Ko Chen-Tung was in great condition currently and admitted that he has been a poor father. His son now is accepting the punishments that he deserves. As for Ko Chen-Tung's impending Taiwan prosecution investigation, Papa Ko could not help but frown, and did not know how to respond. He only thanked the media for waiting and quickly left.

Source 

after days, i feel sorry for him.kai ko, go get your punishment, learn from mistakes, and comeback as a better man. you are still young, there is still long way to go, there is still time to change and you still can comeback with batter and matured image.. i rooting for you!! papa ko and family, pls have strength.. so do the fans. 

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kai Ko's manager denies ban rumoursKai Ko's manager denies ban rumours

Kai Ko's manager Angie Chai recently addressed rumours pertaining to the Taiwanese actor's future in showbiz.

As reported on Mingpao News, the manager recently responded to reports saying that the actor is slowly losing endorsement deals. "The companies hope to minimise the loss but I have not received any complaints."

It was also reported that the State Administration of Radio Film and Television of China (SARPFT) has banned the actor from the Chinese media industry, and may not appear in the fourth instalment of the "Tiny Times" franchise.

It was also rumoured that the production has been secretly auditioning other actors to play Kai Ko's original character.

When asked to comment about the issue, Angie denied it, saying that she has not heard such rumours. The manager also added that Kai Ko will be holding a press conference in Beijing and Taipei to make his public apology as soon as he is released.

Meanwhile, Guo Jingming, the director and author of the "Tiny Times" movies, has yet to confirm whether the actor would remain in his movie or not.

Source

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 300; font-size: 26px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.3; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"Identities of women arrested with Jaycee Chan and Kai Ko revealed class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"1B1F6E81E9F2CE7BFCE4C59034852B.jpg

The identities of the two women who were arrested with Taiwanese actor Kai Ko and Jaycee Chan, the only son of Hong Kong actor Jackie Chan, during a drug bust in Beijing have been revealed.

The two women, Chinese actress under Emperor Groupâs management Alice Li, and Joyce Chang, former Chinese member of Korean group RaNia, were in Jayceeâs house before being arrested at a foot reflexology centre.

Alice had acted in Chinese movie But Always, which also stars Nicholas Tse and Gao Yuanyuan and has yet to open in cinemas. Sponsors are worried that the drug scandal will cause her to be banned from the Chinese media industry like Jaycee and Kai.

Both Alice and Joyce were said to have pleaded with authorities for leniency and hoped their identities and actions will not be exposed.

In addition, Jaycee has reportedly been fined NT$25million (approximately S$1.06million) by the production unit of Chinese variety show 2 Days & 1 Night for missing a recording session last Monday after he was arrested.

Jayceeâs management agency MâStones International had already requested to stop collaborating with the production unit after the arrest and refunded the NT$7.4 million (approximately S$310,000) deposit. However, they asked for further compensation for âbeing unable to fulfil contractual termsâ.

Jayceeâs manager responded and said all sponsors and production units have been informed of the 31-year-oldâs arrest and MâStones International will settle all financial matters as Jaycee was the one at fault.

9C704606B3CA5733B1F618217AA79.jpg

Alice Li (left), Joyce Chang (right)

Source 

class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"
class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"Kai Ko will not star in Tiny Times 4? class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"The Taiwanese actor’s parts in the movie may be replaced by a 20-year-old actor due to his drug scandal
class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"Kai Ko
There have been talks about removing Taiwanese actor Kai Ko from Chinese movie Tiny Times 4 after his arrest for drug use. Things have been made worse when writer-director Guo Jingming was said to have secretly met 20-year-old Chinese actor Bai Jing Ting, a possible substitute for Kai’s character.
Jing Ting first starred in Chinese television series That Year, Time Flew and is as tall as Kai.
Currently serving his 14-day detention in China, 23-year-old Kai may now lose his role as “Gu Yuan” in the movie; he also faces pull-outs from endorsements and a possible a two-year ban from China,
Jingming, who has not responded to this matter since Kai’s arrest, left a message on Weibo yesterday: “When Tiny Times 3 was released in cinemas, my mother and people from my hometown will bring their family members to watch it. I will call my mum and ask if they understood and liked the movie. Mum said, ‘They liked it.’ And I asked if she did too. She said, ‘As long as it’s your film, I will like it and it will be the best.’”
Thereafter, fans commented: “As long as it’s your film, I will like it!” but most who left comments had harsh remarks for Kai. class="svtitle" style="margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"

Bai Jing Ting, Kai Ko

Bai Jing Ting

Kai Ko

Source

itemprop="name" class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"'I'll never smoke marijuana again': Kai Ko released from detention10893qq.jpg

BEIJING: Actor Kai Ko, who was arrested for smoking marijuana on Aug 14, was released after 14 days of administrative detention in Beijing at midnight on Thursday (Aug 28), Chinese media reported.

A large crowd of reporters and photographers gathered around the police station as Ko left the building, accompanied by a small group which included his parents. Ko and his party quickly departed but were greeted by more reporters at their hotel, and had to jostle their way past the crowd to reach the lift to their rooms.

"Smoking marijuana is illegal and harms both you and the people around you. I don't want to make the people around me sad again," said Ko, in an interview with a Chinese media outlet, his first following his arrest.

"I'll never smoke marijuana again, and hope the people in my life won't have any more contact with drugs. I feel there is no cause or reason for this. I made a mistake. I have to face up to it, accept responsibility for it and correct my mistakes."

Ko will hold a media conference to apologise for his actions in Beijing on Friday afternoon, and is scheduled to return to Taiwan in the evening. He will hold a similar media conference in Taiwan the following day, and may have to meet with the Taiwanese authorities to assist them with their investigations into the matter.

Unlike Ko, Jackie Chan's son Jaycee Chan, who was arrested with Ko on Aug 14, faces the more serious charge of providing a venue for drug use. It is unclear when he will be released from detention.

CNA

itemprop="name" class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kai Ko considered quitting showbiz during detention

The Taiwanese actor, who was detained for 14 days for using marijuana, expressed deeply regret over his actions

81226EEEEB89A234C4635EDD8EE8C.jpg

Taiwanese actor Kai Ko, who was arrested in China last month for using marijuana, held a public apology in Beijing last Friday following his release. He returned to Taiwan on Saturday and held a similar public apology.

During the press conference, Kai apologized repeatedly for disappointing those who supported him and promised to change for the better. He also admitted to feeling lost and said that he had entertained thoughts of quitting showbiz during his two-week detention.

His manager, Angie Chai, told the media she was heartbroken when the first thing she heard from him after his release was, What do I do now? I cannot work for the company anymore.

When asked about his detention, the 23-year-old confessed to not being able to sleep in peace. He had to get up at six in the morning for lessons and shared a room with eight other people. The actor did not receive any special treatment and said, Those who shared the room with me do not know who I am.

The star, who shot to fame for his role in romance flick You're The Apple Of My Eye, was accused of putting on a show when he cried profusely at an earlier press conference in Beijing. But Kai said it was not for show and no scripts were written.

As for previous news on Chinaâs media industry banning him for two years, both Kai and Angie clarified they have not received any ruling to date. Although there have been several pull-outs from advertisers, the actor has garnered support from many others too.

Kai has not finalised plans for a comeback and will lie low for now to reflect on his actions and continue his studies to get a degree. His post on Facebook last Saturday: "I apologise to everyone, I will be better." received more than 100,000 likes after an hour.

In addition, Chinese star Joyce Chang, who was also arrested in the drug bust, has been released last Friday as well. She wrote on Weibo that she  did not engage in any misdeeds with Kai.

The actor responded, "I do know her, and we both have done wrong. I hope we can correct our mistakes at this point of time."

ABF03266ACE3B85FD14CFA2A9B6A2.jpg

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Source 

itemprop="name" class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ko chen-tung apologizes0830-00282-001b1.jpg?t=1409499789621
0830-00282-001b2.jpg?t=1409499780328
0830-00282-001b3.jpg?t=1409499770614
0830-00282-001b4.jpg?t=1409499760647
0830-00282-001b5.jpg?t=1409499750373
0830-00282-001b6.jpg?t=1409499738814
0830-00282-001b7.jpg?t=1409499726950
0830-00282-001b8.jpg?t=1409499714340
0830-00282-001b9.jpg?t=1409499710325
0830-00282-002b1.jpg?t=14094996606300830-00282-002b2.jpg?t=1409499657856Mother Ko breaks down in tears0830-00282-003b1.jpg?t=14094996366580830-00282-004b1.jpg?t=1409499590863Manager Angie Chai asks the media to raise their left hand to be sworn in0830-00282-007b1.jpg?t=14094995330000830-00282-007b2.jpg?t=1409499520296When Ko Chen-Tung arrives at the hotel he ducks to avoid cameras0830-00282-007b3.jpg?t=14094994883380830-00282-007b4.jpg?t=1409499485391Ko Chen-Tung remains silent in the vehicle20140830fp01.jpgcourtesy of singtao.com_30MA003_K.jpgKo Chen-Tung gets choked up as he says, "This is an ugly scar that will be with me for the rest of my life."  _30MA002_K.jpgKo Chen-Tung deeply regrets using drugs and promises not to anymore_30MA007_K.jpgKo Chen-Tung got no sleep at the hotel the night before as he blamed himself for his wrongdoing_30MA001_.jpgAfter 14 days under administrative detention, Ko Chen-Tung bows in apology as soon as he appears in his Beijing press conference_30MA005_.jpgKo Chen-Tung does not blame Jaycee Chan, only himself for making a wrong choice_30MA009_.jpgKo Chen-Tung sobs several times as his father comforts him with tissues_30MA004_.jpg_30MA601.jpgKo Chen-Tung waves and bows to the media as he and his parents prepare to return to Taiwan_30MA602.jpg_30MA603.jpgA video of Ko Chen-Tung signing his release appear on Beijing morning television_30MB001_.jpgKo Chen-Tung looks worried after the press conference_30MB601.jpgSeveral dozen reporters wait for Ko Chen-Tung when pushing and shoving begin_30MB602.jpgSome accuse Ko Chen-Tung of getting violent before security leads him off.  He explains that he is only worried about his father's safety_30MB002_.jpg
_30MB008_.jpg_30MB013_.jpgAngie Chai, Ko Chen-Tung and his parents bow in apology_30MB006_.jpgKo Chen-Tung blames himself_30MB007_.jpgOver 100 reporters cover Ko Chen-Tung's press conference_30MB010_.jpgAnti drug advocate shows up with a protest sign
courtesy of mingpao.com
Taiwan artist Ko Chen-Tung was arrested with Jaycee Chan (Fong Cho Ming) for marijuana use. After 14 days of administrative detention, yesterday morning he was released and in the afternoon he held his first apology press conference in Beijing. Dressed in white, Ko Chen Tung appeared with his parents and manager. Throughout the entire apology event his face was covered with tears to express how sorry he was. He said, "Very sorry, sorry, I have made a mistake on this matter. I don't have any reason, any cause, or any excuse. I am just wrong!" He described the entire matter as an ugly scar that would follow him for the rest of his life. He would even remind himself at anytime the pain of his mistake. 

The 23 year old Ko Chen-Tung after 14 days in the detention center yesterday morning was released and finally he was able to enjoy the air of freedom. Ko Chen-Tung after half a day of rest yesterday afternoon with his manager Angie Chai and his parents attended the apology press conference. 

His manager Angie Chai led the way, Ko Chen-Tung appeared with his parents. He bowed in apology as he solemnly said, "This time I made a mistake, without any reason, any cause, or any excuse. I was just wrong." Then he broke down. Starting his career 3 years ago, Ko Chen-Tung made the name known to everyone. The journey has always been very smooth. He said, "Yet at the time I didn't know that the name Ko Chen-Tung didn't belong to just me. The most hard to talk and the most worrying was that because of my own selfish and stupid behavior, my family has suffered enormous pressure. My parents and brother are all very sadden and heartbroken. I am very sorry......but I was wrong, without reason. I must face it, face the mistake, the most important is to correct this mistake." 

Ko Chen-Tung then said, "For several days I have been thinking a lot. The world has no drug for regret, only if you are willing to change or not. I am willing because I don't want to sadden anyone who loves me and people I love. I truly have wronged them." 

Speaking of fans who have always protected him, he said, "I made a mistake and broke the law, I am very sorry. Please don't follow my example. I will work very hard on the correction. I absolutely will not break the law again. I will work hard on reforming myself, growing up a little more everyday." 

As for the future, Ko Chen-Tung again tearfully said, "This time is like an ugly scar that would follow me for the rest of my life, but it is on me; I can see it at anytime and remember the pain of the mistake. Sorry everyone, I have become the worst, the most negative role model. For these people I would be brave, to make myself better and better. Sorry!" Ko Chen-Tung cried that he was willing to change. Father Ko also would examine how he raised his children and apologized to the public. The Ko family and Angie Chai rose and gave a 5 second long bow to end the speech portion. 

Source 
________________ itemprop="name" class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kai Ko likely to enlist in the armyThe actor is said to be seriously considering enlisting after investigations conclude

465137279336C099F6E9D199B82C1.jpg

Taiwanese actor Kai Ko has remained under the constant scrutiny of the media ever since news of his Taiwan after being released from his two-week detention.

Newest reports have confirmed that the 23-year-old was summoned to provide hair and urine samples to determine if he has abused any other drugs. The star admitted to having his first taste of marijuana two years ago and has tried it on eight occasions, all of which were in the confines of bosom buddy Jaycee Chan's home.

The test results will be released by the Criminal Investigation Department of the Taipei City Police Department in a week's time. After which, Kai will be tried accordingly. He will be ordered to attend psychological and drug treatments if the test results show that he has only used marijuana and he will have to bear all costs.

If any other substances are detected, he faces a two-month stint at rehab and up to three years in jail.

His manager Angie Chai has expressed that regardless of the result, Kai is highly likely to step out of the spotlight for the time being and either return to his studies or enlist in the army.

While rumours of his two-year ban from the Chinese entertainment industry have yet to be addressed, it has been confirmed that movie Tiny Times 4, of which he plays a main role, will hit the big screen as scheduled.

Source 

• 2 weeks later...

class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"Kai Ko to compensate endorsers at least S$2 millionThe Taiwanese actor faced pull-outs from 19 endorsers after his drug sagaKai Ko

Following his 14-day detention in China last month for using marijuana, Taiwanese actor Kai Ko’s reputation has been tarnished and he faced pull-outs from as many as 19 endorsers. He is reportedly requested to compensate them NT$50 million (approximately S$2.1 million) in damages.
The 19 companies are split into three groups – those who had to remove his advertisements and are seeking for compensation, others who are still monitoring the situation, and those like Adidas and KFC whose contracts with Kai have already or are about to expire and thus do not need compensation.
There are news that NIVEA Men and chewing gum company Stride have demanded compensation as well. It is estimated that he has to pay up to twice the amount sought after currently, if another third of the endorsers were to demand compensation.
The manager of the 23-year-old, Angie Chai, said in response, “The company and Kai will bear the costs. We will go through the hard times together. His mood is still pretty bad so we have not discussed (whether he will bear the entire bill).”
As to previous rrumorsof the Chinese media industry banning Kai, it will not happen as movies A Choo and Tiny Times 4 will be released as planned. Authorities commended his bravery in admitting his mistake and called him a “good role model”.Source

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kai Ko alleged to have skipped classesSeptember 23, 2014
Kai Ko alleged to have skipped classes

Taiwanese actor Kai Ko, whose drug arrest last month has severely tainted his image as a role model, recently returned to life on campus.

However, the return is not without controversy, according to Tencent Entertainment, as the actor was accused of missing classes and not being serious in his studies.

Kai Ko, who had once halted his studies at the Chinese Culture University in Taipei temporarily due to his growing movie career, reportedly registered at the University of Science and Technology of China (STSP) to finish his studies.

However, reporters who stationed themselves on campus revealed that they have never seen him coming out of the building for the two weeks that they have been there.

Several students also alleged that the actor almost never attended classes this semester and had only been to one class so far, despite the fact that the final exams are just around the corner.

However, when asked to address the rumours, a representative of STSP said that the allegations made by the students and reporters stationed at the university are far from the truth.

The representative stressed that despite Kai Ko's celebrity status, the "Tiny Times" star has not been given any special privileges and has to adhere to the rules same as other students.

Source

• 3 weeks later...

class="headline" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.21em; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kai Ko's movies affected by SARFT's bansKai Ko's movies affected by SARFT's bans

11 Oct – Following the announcement made by the Chinese State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT), saying that celebrities with criminal offences have now been banned from showbiz, TV shows and movies starring them are now in danger of being affected as well.This includes Raman Hui's "Monster Hunt", as reported on Mingpao News, which stars Taiwanese actor Kai Ko, the same actor who was detained for drug abuse along with Jaycee Chan back in August.The movie's press conference, which was scheduled in Shanghai today, has been cancelled last minute, with sources claiming that the production will be discussing on how to deal with the recent development.When asked to comment about the ban, Ko's manager Angie Chai expressed, "I can't think about the loss, but I feel very sorry to the investors."On the possibility of productions demanding compensation for their loss, Angie said, "I have not thought about this yet. So far, we have not been contacted by the distributors. But we will respect their decision."(Photo source: sina.com.hk)Source

class="headline" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.21em; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kai Ko will pay for his drug treatmentKai Ko will pay for his drug treatment

16 Oct – Taiwanese actor Kai Ko has agreed to accept treatment for his drug addiction on his own expense.As reported on Mingpao News, the actor appeared in court on 14 October following the release of his toxicology report.In the two-hour hearing, the court found that his previous confession is consistent with his test report. Ko was revealed to be clean from other substances such as amphetamines and morphine.Ko, who was detained in Beijing back in August for his drug use, previously revealed that he has been addicted to drugs for two years, and has been using marijuana provided by fellow actor Jaycee Chan.The prosecutors have agreed that Ko will undergo drug treatment at the Songde Branch of the Taipei City Hospital for about a year and a half to two years.The actor, who left the court in the evening, stated, "I did something wrong, and has caused a lot of pressure to directors, actors, co-stars, and people who are linked to me. I am deeply sorry."Ko also promised to be a better person in the future, and revealed that the company will not be arranging work for him in the meantime.(Photo source: asianpopnews.com)Source

class="headline" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.21em; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kai Ko begins his addiction treatmentKai Ko begins his addiction treatment

23 Oct – Taiwanese actor Kai Ko was recently spotted going to the hospital for the first of his many visits to come.According to Mingpao News, the actor, who was recently given a court order to undergo self-paid addiction treatment, arrived at the hospital on 22 October, and revealed to the media that the visit was only for regular checks."There is no need for medication since there is no severe addiction. The process is not that difficult," he said.Ko also revealed that he has been busying himself with his studies and sports, and will keep on maintaining a healthy life. He also admitted to have rid himself of his nightlife.Asked to comment about rumours saying that the production of "Tiny Times 4" will remove all his scenes to avoid being banned, Ko replied, "I have not heard of this, but I am so sorry that I have caused so many problems to the studio."Kai Ko also expressed his worries for good friend, Jaycee Chan, who is facing prison sentence, saying that he hopes that the two of them can keep getting better and better.Source

@yoyo_icecube said: oh no..... how bout tiny times 4.0?? will they reshoot? will they replace other actor?? Seems like there is still no clear answer to it

• 2 weeks later...

Kai Ko’s prosecution to take place two years later
BBc7EfP.img?h=420&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Two weeks after Taiwanese actor Kai Ko volunteered to pay for his drug rehabilitation treatment at a court hearing, it has been confirmed on Wednesday (Oct 29) that his prosecution will be deferred for two years. But the actor, who was detained in August for consuming marijuana, has to comply with rehabilitation procedures in the meantime.
On the same day, he happily attended the engagement banquet of good friend Ariel Lin together with his manager Angie Chai. Posing for photos with his signature smile with hands in his pockets, fans outside the venue screamed in support for their idol.
When prompted by journalists if he had mixed feelings at that moment, Kai, who was in high spirits, asked, “Why should I feel that way?”
Wishing his co-actress from Taiwanese movie A Choo true happiness, the 23-year-old revealed Ariel had previously gifted him her new book and they both exchanged acting tips.
In addition, Kai met buddy Chen Bo Lin at the banquet for the first time after the drug saga. Although Bo Lin’s manager revealed the two only greeted each other and did not interact as they were seated far apart, they still keep in contact via text messages.
BBc7Eg1.img?h=420&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Source

• 3 weeks later...

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kai Ko will be replaced on "Monster Hunt"Kai Ko will be replaced on "Monster Hunt"

19 Nov – Rumour has it that Taiwanese actor Kai Ko has been replaced with another actor in Raman Hui's upcoming movie, "Monster Hunt".

Back on 29 September, China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT) released a notification saying that all media platform should ban artistes with misdeeds, which include drugs, gambling, and prostitution.

Kai Ko, who was previously detained for drug abuse in Beijing, is one of the stars listed in the ban, which means that three of his upcoming films, "Tiny Times 3", "Monster Hunt", and "My Rival is Superman", have to decide on the next best step to ensure that they will not lose profit.

While it was alleged that "Tiny Times 3" production has decided to reshoot Kai Ko's scenes with another actor, it was also rumoured that his other movie, "Monster Hunt", has planned to do the same.

According to Phoenix News, sources recently revealed that the production company has selected a new actor to play the role that was originally helmed by Kai Ko. Scenes involving the actor will be reshot, though no change to the plot has been made.

However, the reshoots will undoubtedly lead to an increase in budget. In addition to the cost of filming and new actor's salary, the studio will have to pay additional cost over the extended use of filming crew.

"Monster Hunt" is scheduled to be released in February. It co-stars Bai Baihe, Sandra Ng, Wallace Chung, and Eric Tsang.

Source

Archived