UPDATED-Hayden Panettiere introduces daughter Kaya Evdokia

sugarplum892

Hayden Panettiere confirms pregnancy in Ice Bucket Challenge video
Hayden Panettiere has confirmed that she is pregnant while taking part in the Ice Bucket Challenge.
Reports that the actress was expecting her first child with boxer fiancé Wladimir Klitschko first emerged in May.
The Nashville star revealed the pregnancy by nominating her unborn child as one of the next challengers to take up the charitable dare. She also nominated both Klitschko and country singer Kasey Musgraves.
Stars across the globe have now taken to the Ice Bucket Challenge, to raise awareness for those suffering from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, or motor neurone disease).
The cast of Gotham, former US president George W Bush and X Factor judges Cheryl Fernandez-Versini and Mel B are some of the most recent participants.
Panettiere recently claimed that she and Klitschko had put plans to wed on hold due to the civil turmoil in Ukraine.

Source

Hayden Panettiere lets slip baby gender on Emmy Awards red carpet
Hayden Panettiere has confirmed that she is pregnant with a baby girl.
The Nashville actress announced her pregnancy last week, as she posted her own Ice Bucket Challenge online.
Met Ball 2014: Hayden Panettiere

Speaking to E!'s Giuliana Rancic on the Emmy Awards red carpet, Panettiere unexpectedly let the news slip.
"I'm thrilled for her to come out," she said, before adding: "I just said that, didn't I?"
Reports that Panettiere and boxer fiancé Wladimir Klitschko were to become parents first emerged in May.
The actress is among the presenters who will be handing out awards at the Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles on Monday night (August 25).
Source

• 2 months later...

class="headline" id="yui_3_16_0_1_1415059969830_2022" style="font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 35px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 300; line-height: 42px; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 0px; padding-top: 15px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-right: 40px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Hayden Panettiere Reveals She's Gained 40 Pounds During Her Pregnancy: My Feet Are "About to Snap Underneath Me"Pregnant celebs, they’re just like us! Nashville star Hayden Panettiere has had her share of pregnancy weight gain, and she’s not ashamed. The 25-year-old opened up in Britain’s Hello! magazine about packing on the pounds as she awaits the birth of her baby girl with fiancé Wladimir Klitschko.

“I’m 5 feet, 2 inches, and I started out at 106 pounds and guess how much I weigh now? Around 145 pounds,” the actress told the magazine (via The Daily Mail) in her eighth month. “And the worst part is that my feet are still size five and they're going, 'What's going on with all this weight?’ They're about to snap from underneath me with the strain.”
Panettiere, who showed off her bare belly in a Halloween Twitter photo last week, thinks that some of her weight gain is due to her past as an athlete.
1415025985_hayden-panettiere-467.jpg

“I’m still quite muscular, so if you're running around carrying 40 pounds of extra weight, you're going to build extra muscle,” the former gymnast noted.

And though she’s still engaged to Ukrainian boxer Wladimir Klitschko, Panettiere has no plans to head to the altar until after she gets her petite frame back.  
“I’ll tell you one thing for sure, I am not walking down the aisle 40 pounds heavier than usual in a wedding dress with a huge pregnancy belly stitched in. Not happening,” she said. 
While her wedding day isn’t fast approaching, motherhood is, and Panettiere couldn’t be more excited.  
“I’m so ready to hold my baby girl,” she continued. “I’m going to be a very hands-on mom. I'm thrilled that I am having a girl first because I feel like I know a lot about raising a strong woman. I feel very empowered myself and I think my daughter will, too.”Source

• 1 month later...

class="headline" id="yui_3_16_0_1_1418494464521_1685" style="font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 35px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 300; line-height: 42px; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 0px; padding-top: 15px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-right: 40px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Hayden Panettiere Gives Birth to Baby GirlHayden Panettiere and Wladimir Klitschko (Getty Images)

This is music to our ears! Nashville star Hayden Panettiere has given birth to her first child, a baby girl named Kaya Klitschko. She and fiancé Wladimir Klitschko welcomed their daughter on Tuesday, Dec. 9.Baby Klitschko weighed in at 7 lbs., 14 oz., and measured 20 inches.
“We are over the moon and madly in love!” the proud new parents tell People.
Recently, the 26-year-old actress, who announced that she was expecting back in June, explained to Hello! magazine how excited she was to meet her daughter.
"I’m so ready to hold my baby girl," she mused. "I’m going to be a very hands-on mom. I'm thrilled that I am having a girl first because I feel like I know a lot about raising a strong woman. I feel very empowered myself and I think my daughter will, too."
Still, pregnancy wasn't always easy for the petite thesp. In fact, she revealed that by the time she hit the eight-month mark, she had gained a whopping 40 pounds.
"I'm 5 feet, 2 inches, and I started out at 106 pounds and guess how much I weigh now? Around 145 pounds," she said before adding, "And the worst part is that my feet are still size five and they're going, 'What's going on with all this weight?' They're about to snap from underneath me with the strain."
Yet she seemed to be taking the changes in her body in stride, posting a fun Halloween snap showing her dressed up like a jungle cat, her burgeoning belly front and center.
Hayden shows off her bump (Instagram)

Now that their daughter has arrived, the next question is when Hayden and Wladimir (who confirmed their engagement last October) might formally wed — though it sounds like that won't happen anytime soon.
"I'll tell you one thing for sure," Hayden quipped. "I am not walking down the aisle 40 pounds heavier than usual in a wedding dress with a huge pregnancy belly stitched in. Not happening."
For now, however, it seems the new parents have more important things to focus on.
Source

• 2 weeks later...

itemprop="headline" style="font-family: ProximaNova-Light, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 2.25em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: inherit; line-height: 1.11111em; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-stretch: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); word-wrap: break-word; letter-spacing: -1px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Hayden Panettiere on motherhood: 'It's such a surreal experience'Hayden Panettiere has described motherhood as "surreal" after giving birth to her first child earlier this month. 
The Nashville actress and her fiancé Wladimir Klitschko welcomed a baby girl named Kaya on December 9.
Hayden Panettiere attends the 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards

Speaking to People magazine, she described life as a parent as "such a surreal experience and so out of body".
"You're suddenly looking at this little thing like, 'Oh, that was you in my belly this whole time,'" she said, adding: "[We're] just getting to know her."
Panettiere continued: "I'm limping around. I'm still trying to figure out what [pregnancy] has done to my body, how it's changed it. What's temporary and what's permanent.
Hayden Panettiere and Connie Britton star in 'Nashville'

"I feel like an 80-year-old woman trying to go down the stairs, you know, please tell me this is temporary. But I know some things will never be the same again."
The actress recently enjoyed her first night of interrupted sleep since giving birth, as Klitschko's mother looked after Kaya overnight.
"Wlad's mom was desperate to take the baby for a night. She looks like she didn't get much sleep, but I feel well-rested!" she said.

Source
class="st_headline title" style="font-family: Roboto; font-size: 30pt; margin: 10px 0px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-weight: normal; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Hayden Panettiere introduces daughter Kaya Evdokia
Hayden Panettiere and fiancé Wladimir Klitschko shared the first photo of their newborn daughter Tuesday.The 25-year-old actress and 38-year-old professional boxer released the picture of baby Kaya Evdokia to People magazine. Panettiere and Klitschko welcomed the infant December 9 in Nashville.
"[Parenthood has been] such a surreal experience and so out of body," the star told the publication. "You're suddenly looking at this little thing like, 'Oh, that was you in my belly this whole time. [We're] just getting to know her."
"I'm limping around," the new mom admitted. "I'm still trying to figure out what [pregnancy] has done to my body, how it's changed it ... [Kaya's] really so sweet. I'm sure that's the way it's meant to be, because when they are putting you through the wringer you're like, 'You are so lucky you're cute!'"

View image on Twitter

Panettiere and Klitschko started dating in 2009, but broke up in 2011. The pair resumed their relationship after the actress split from NFL player Scotty McKnight in December 2012, and announced their engagement in October 2013.
Panettiere came to fame on soap operas One Life to Live and Guiding Light in the 1990s, and subsequently portrayed Claire Bennet on NBC series Heroes. She currently stars as Juliette Barnes on ABC musical drama Nashville.

Source

Archived