Go Seung Ji

Title: 피노키오 / Pinocchio
Chinese Title: 皮诺丘
Genre: Melodrama, Romance
Episodes: 20 
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2014-Nov-12 to 2015-Jan-15
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55

US & Canada fans, please help support Soompi by watching Pinocchio on SoompiTV - thank you! ^^;v

Production Credits

Director: Jo Soo Won

Screenwriter: Park Hye Ryun

Synopsis

This drama tells the story of the reporters for a broadcasting company as they chase the truth.

Choi In Ha (Park Shin Hye) is a reporter who has “Pinocchio syndrome”. She cannot tell a lie or pretend to be something she is not or she starts hiccupping violently and gives herself away. Meanwhile, Choi Dal Po (Lee Jong Suk) is a rookie reporter at a broadcasting company. He’s handsome but does not know how to dress to impress, so people tend to underestimate him. However, he does have what it takes to succeed as a reporter. He’s got a photographic memory and is articulate. They meet and fall in love together.

Notes

1. "Pinocchio" takes over the Wednesday & Thursday 21:55 time slot previously occupied by "Too Lovely Girl for Meand will be followed by "Hyde Jekyll, I" January, 2015.
  2. Director Jo Soo-Won and screenwriter Park Hye-Ryun previously worked together in 2013 SBS drama series "I Can Hear Your Voice."     
  3. 3. First script reading took place in October, 2014 at SBS Production Center in Ilsan, South Korea.

Cast

Main Cast

Park Shin Hye as Choi In Ha
Noh Jung Ui as Choi In Ha (young)
Lee Jong Suk as Choi Dal Po / Ki Ha Myung
Nam Da Reum as Choi Dal Po / Ki Ha Myung (young)
Kim Young Kwang as Seo Bum Jo
Park Shi Jin as Seo Bum Jo (young)
Lee Yoo Bi as Yoon Yoo Rae

YGN Newsroom

Lee Pil Mo as Hwang Gyo Dong
Min Sung Wook as Jang Hyun Kyu
Kang Shin Il as Lee Yeong Tak
Jo Duk Hyun as Jo Won Goo
Choo Soo Hyun as Im Jae Hwan
Tae Hang Ho as Cha Woo Chul

MSC Newsroom

Jin Kyung as Song Cha Ok
Kim Kwang Kyu as Kim Gong Joo
Kim Young Hoon as Lee Il Joo
Im Byung Ki as Yun Doo Young
Yoon Seo Hyun as Lee Joo Ho

Hangang Line Reporters’ Family

Byun Hee Bong as Choi Gong Pil
Shin Jung Geun as Choi Dal Pyeong (In Ha’s father)
Kim Hae Sook as Park Ro Sa
Yoon Kyun Sang as Ki Jae Myung
Shin Jae Ha as Ki Jae Myung (young)
Jung In Ki as Ki Ho Sang
Jang Young Nam as Ha Myung’s mother

Others

Lee Joo Seung as Ahn Chan Soo
Park Soo Young as Jung Ki Bong
Im Do Yun as Ji Hee
Lee Dong Jin as Kang Sung Hak
Kim Jung Pal as Jae Myung’s friend
Choi Joo Ri as Min Hye Young

Cameos

Jang Kwang as headmaster (ep 1)
Im Sung Hoon (임성훈) as quiz program MC (ep 1,2)
Woo Hyun as homeroom teacher (ep 1-3)
Choi Jong Hoon as factory worker (ep 1)
Ahn Sun Young as broadcasting writer (ep 1-2)
Kim Young Joon as neighbor with Pinocchio Syndrome (ep 1-2)
Yoon Jin Young as firefighter (ep 1)
Yeom Dong Hun as Moon Deok Soo (ep 1)
Jung Woong in as Min Joon Gook (ep 2)
Jang Hang Joon as movie director (ep 2)
Lee Bo Young as voice navigation Hye Sung (voice only, ep 3)
Kim Min Young as Sung Hyun Joo / daughter of the deceased diet (ep 7)
Hong Hyun Hee (홍현희) as Teacher Yoon
Park Gil Soo as Jo Jang Woo / bus company owner (ep 12)
Yoon Sang Hyun as Cha Gwan Woo (ep 12)
Lee Seung Ho as Jo Dae Gook
Lee Joon as a celebrity (ep 19)
Kim Hak Rae (김학래) as photographer (ep 20)
Kang Nam as a university student (ep 20)
Oh Seung Ah as MSC new reporter interviewee (ep 20)
Kim Hyung Gon as MSC new reporter interviewee (ep 20)
Maeng Seung Ji as YGN new reporter (ep 20)
Shin Jae Ha as YGN new reporter (ep 20)
Yeo Hoe Hyun

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTIONDon't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming/download/raw links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE
Page updated as of November 12th 2014 by @Hanyeoun

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

class="at_ttl" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"Park Shin Hye Says Yes To 'Pinocchio'park-shin-hye.jpg?w=600

Park Shin Hye's agency, S.A.L.T. Entertainment, has confirmd that she has signed on for the leading role in the upcoming SBS drama "Pinocchio."

The actress will play Choi In Ha, a 20-something rookie reporter who covers local news. Choi In Ha suffers from the very embarrassing "Pinocchio syndrome." If you don't remember the children's story, Pinocchio's problem was that he could not tell a lie. Every time he did his nose grew longer and everyone knew he was lying. Choi In Ha's Pinocchio syndrome takes the form of hiccups. Every time she lies, she begins to hiccup. That may have been why she became a journalist, as reporters are dedicated to searching for the truth.

According to her agency, Park Shin Hye was motivated to take the role of Choi In Ha because of the character's sincere and forthright personality.

It's also possible that Park Shin Hye saw herself in the character. Park Hye Reon, who wrote "I Hear Your Voice" was said to have written "Pinocchio" specifically with Park Shin Hye in mind. Both the director Jo Soo Won, who directed "I Hear Your Voice," and the producer Hwang Ki Young were eager to have Park play the role.

It has been a busy year for the actress with a small screen role in "The Heirs" and her role as a fashion-conscious queen in the film "The Tailors." Her commitment to "Pinocchio" signals her return to the small screen.

The next step is to cast her leading man. Kim Woo Bin originally considered playing Choi Dal Po, the leading male role in "Pinocchio." Choi Dal Po is a smart, witty young reporter with perfect recall. That casting would have been an interesting rematch as Kim Woo Bin played the second lead in "The Heirs." Park Shin Hye previously had a rematch with her "You're Beautiful" second lead Jung Yong Hwa when she co-starred with him in "Heartstrings. But Kim Woo Bin could not fit the drama role into his schedule.

After he declined, Lee Jong Suk Suk was asked if he would like the role. His agency, Wellmade Entertainment, has said that he is considering the offer. The drama's writer and producer are eager to have Lee Jong Suk as they worked with him in the very successful "I hear Your Voice."

Lee Jong Suk recently finished filming "Doctor Stranger," in which he played a North Korean defector and medical genius. He also contributed extra scenes to the Chinese film version of that drama.

Fingers crossed as the chemistry between Park Shin Hye and Lee Jong Suk could sparkle. The series will air in November, following "My Lovely Girl."

Cr: kdramastars
  • Like 1

Park Shin Hye confirmed for new SBS drama 'Pinocchio'

safe_image.php?d=AQDTOAH68q_8rv1_&w=484&
Park Shin Hye has been confirmed to star in the upcoming SBS Wed-Thurs mini-series 'Pinocchio'!

SEE ALSO: Lee Jong Suk and Park Shin Hye in talks for upcoming SBS drama 'Pinocchio'

After being in talks and working out the details, Her agency S.A.L.T. Entertainment rep revealed today, "Park Shin Hye has been confirmed for the female lead role as Choi In Ha in SBS' 'Pinocchio'."

The drama is the work of 'I Hear Your Voice's PD Jo Soo Won and writer Park Hye Ryun, and centers around a group of local news reporters in their twenties who are just starting out in the field. Park Shin Hye will play Choi In Ha, who has a 'Pinocchio' syndrome that makes her get the hiccups whenever she lies.

'Pinocchio' is set to air following 'My Lovely Girl' in November!
source : AllKpop 

• Like 1

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Actress Park Shin Hye Confirms Casting in New Drama “Pinocchio”park-shin-hye.jpg

Actress Park Shin Hye will be returning to the small screen through the new Wednesday-Thursday SBS mini series “Pinocchio!”

On September 4, Park Shin Hye’s agency, S.A.L.T Entertainment announced that the actress has confirmed her casting in “Pinocchio” as the lead female character namedChoi In Ha.

The actress will be taking on the role of a social affairs reporter who has a “Pinocchio complex,” which appears in the form of hiccups whenever she tells a lie.

“Pinocchio” is the work of writer Park Hye Ryun and PD Jo Soo Won, who also worked together on “I Hear Your Voice.”

Park Shin Hye’s reps shared that the actress came to decide on this drama after much consideration as her next production following the drama “The Heirs” and movie “The Royal Tailors,” due to the charming story of love, failure, as well as growth and development of young people in their 20s.

Meanwhile, “Pinocchio” will begin airing this November after the completion of “My Lovely Girl.”

Cr: Soompi
  • Like 1

Park Shin Hye Confirmed as Lead of Drama ‘Pinocchio’

Park Shin Hye will be returning as the heroine of SBS’s upcoming drama Pinocchio.

S.A.L.T Entertainment, Park Shin Hye’s agency, announced on September 4 that Park Shin Hye has been confirmed to take the role of heroine ‘Choi In Ha’ in SBS’s Pinocchio.

Gathering spotlights as the new project of writer Park Hye Ryeon and Jo Soo Won PD who teamed up for I Hear Your Voice, Pinocchio is a drama depicting the story of local news reporters in their 20’s.

Park Shin Hye Confirmed as Lead of Drama ‘Pinocchio’

Park Shin Hye will be acting as the heroine, who chooses to become a reporter due to her ‘Pinocchio syndrome’, which makes her hiccup every time she lies.

It has been reported that director Hwang Ki Young from iHQ, the production company of Pinocchio, has sent numerous love calls to Park Shin Hye ever since the project proposal came out.

Park Shin Hye, who has been searching for her next project after filming The Heirs and Royal Tailor, decided that Pinocchio is a charming project that depicts love, frustration and growth of youth in their 20’s and decided to take the role.

She was also attracted to Pinocchio because she wanted to take after heroine In Ha’s honest and confident character.

Pinocchio will be airing in November, following My Lovely Girl.

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/75242/parkshinhye-to-star-in-pinocchio

Park Shin-hye headlines Pinocchio as reporter who can’t lie
by girlfriday
ParkShinHye2.jpg

Ah, so now we have the reason behind Pinocchio’s title — the drama features a heroine who can’t tell a lie. She’s a character who suffers from Pinocchio syndrome (I think it’s called different things, but they mean a condition where your body shows a physical sign whenever you lie), which makes her hiccup whenever she isn’t being honest.

That’s a pretty cute conundrum to put a drama character in, since I’m just imagining all the ways that could become embarrassing in the presence of a crush or an unpleasant boss. I don’t know how realistic the condition is, but coming from the producers of I Hear Your Voice, I’m prepared to just count it as a random mutant ability/curse anyway. It can’t possibly be weirder than hearing people’s inner thoughts, could it?

Park Shin-hye (Heirs) has now confirmed that she’ll be headlining, which isn’t a surprise; Lee Jong-seok (Doctor Stranger) is still considering, but I expect the confirmations for everyone else to start rolling in pretty soon. Lee Yubi (Gu Family Book) and Kim Young-kwang (Plus Nine Boys) are up to play the second leads, in what will likely be a rookie foursome much like the one in You’re All Surrounded.

The SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama from the writer-director team behind I Hear Your Voice will be a coming-of-age story featuring twentysomething cub reporters at the city news desk. They dive into an environment where every day is a battleground, and spend 24 hours a day together chasing the latest stories. It’s described as a drama about youth, love, failures, and growing up.

Park Shin-hye’s heroine chooses to be a reporter because of her inability to lie without a case of the hiccups. I don’t really know how useful that is for a career in journalism compared to the ability to detect other people’s lies, but we’ll go with it. Hopefully she’ll be a lively character with lots of spunk and winsome flaws to scrub that depressing Heirsgirl from my brain.

Pinocchio follows She’s So Lovable in November.

Via Osen

Cr: DramaBeans 

• Like 1

Park Shin-hye to star in "Pinocchio"

photo481604.jpg

Actress Park Shin-hye is starring in the new SBS miniseries "Pinocchio" as Choi In-ha.

Written by Park Hye-ryeon from "I Hear Your Voice" and produced by Jo Soo-won, "Pinocchio" is about the lives of junior reporters in their 20s. Park Shin-hye plays the role of Choi In-ha, a local department reporter who has the 'Pinocchio Syndrome' which makes her hiccup if she tells a lie.

Park Shin-hye has been busy with recent work such as "The Heirs" and "The Tailors" but was instantly cast for the role of Choi In-ha, which was apparently created with her in mind.

In-ha's honest and bold personality drew Park Shin-hye to this drama. Park Shin-hye who has had a long career of acting since "Stairway to Heaven", puts on the mask of a junior reporter this time and fights reality.

"Pinocchio" will broadcast in November.

http://www.hancinema.net/park-shin-hye-to-star-in-pinocchio-73031.html

Yes....finally, can wait for November to come...so we just have to be patiently a bit for the lead actor to confirm right?? ....
I hope the drama turns good...

Extremely excited to see Shinhye in a drama this year. I had almost given up. I thought we would have to wait for her movie ' the Royal tailor 'to be released early next year.

Now we wait for LJS to accept the lead opposite her. We should definitely see that next week if not as early as Monday. Actually, in a way its good that the news breakdown is gradual because it ensures prolonged publicity of the drama before the first script reading. They show promising chemistry based on their Jambangee CF and what we saw of their interaction during different interviews.

Synopsis: A green drama of reporters who chase after truth and those who spend 24 hours with them while sharing the war together.
Source

I had known that the writer director wanted her specifically so it's great to know that the producer ( Sidus...KWB, Yubis agency) wanted her too. The producer always wants a bankable artist more than anything else so that he makes money on his project. They definitely knew who to pick with a Hallyu star, popular one( weibo, Baeksang , Dramafeveretc) like Shinhye. The writer/ director choice is always based on talent of the artist so when all three chose Shinhye from the very conception of the project.....it's a HUGE compliment fo Shinhye and also negates all those who have any doubts about her acting abilities in a big way......

I have great hopes for this drama being a good one and eagerly await for November to arrive with the first script reading, the press conference and then the actual drama on the 12th :D

It's wonderful to see many of the familiar faces and friends here. >:D< Look forward to seeing the rest of them and new ones here too............... We have all been patiently waiting for the opening of this thread so that things warm up with all the news pouring in AND the lively discussions. 8->

• Like 1

Park Shin Hye, confirms appearing as heroine in ‘Pinocchio’.. Changes into a local news reporter

Pj8JEY.jpg

[OSEN=Yoon Ga Yi] Actor Park Shin Hye is coming back as a heroine in SBS Wed-Thu mini-series ‘Pinocchio’ which is scheduled to be broadcasted in November.

Her agency S.A.L.T Entertainment conveyed on 4th that she confirmed to appear as heroine ‘Choi In Ha’ in SBS ‘Pinocchio’.

‘Pinocchio’, which has made headline with writer Park Hye Ryun and PD Jo Soo Won’s reunion, depicts growth of local news junior reporters in 20’s that lives the fierce world. Park Shin Hye acts has heroine ‘Choi In Ha’ that has Pinocchio syndrome and who chooses to work as a local news reporter.

The ‘Pinocchio’ production company, iHQ sent hot request to Park Shin Hye thinking only she would fit the ‘Choi In Ha’ role since the drama proposal was made.

Persons concerned with Park Shin Hye decided on her appearance in the drama with the thought that ‘Pinocchio’ would be an attractive drama which audiences can sympathize with the love, frustration, and growth of youths in 20’s at the local news department while reviewing the next piece that follows ‘The Inheritors’ and ‘The Tailors’.

Also, Park Shin Hye said she got attracted at ‘Pinocchio’ since she wanted to be like ‘Choi In Ha’ who is sincere and brave. Park Shin Hye, who has debuted by ‘Stairway to Heaven’ and built her own area with liveliness, has decided to show another part of her as a local news reporter, ‘Choi In Ha’ who faces the reality.

‘Pinocchio’ which has confirmed Park Shin Hye as the heroine, is going to be first broadcasted in the coming November after ‘My Lovely Girl’.

issue@osen.co.kr

S.A.L.T Entertainment

[Copyright ⓒ 한국 최고의 스포츠 엔터테인먼트 전문 미디어 OSEN(www.osen.co.kr) 제보및 보도자료 osenstar@osen.co.kr 무단전재 및 재배포 금지]

Source: http://m.star.naver.com/ssinz/news/end?id=3437991

I'm so excited for Shin Hye and I can't wait to watch this drama soon. Fighting Pinocchio Team! :x

• Like 1

Pinocchio courts Lee Yubi and Kim Young-kwang to play reporters

">

We’ve got two more names in circulation for Pinocchio, the new drama about young reporters headed to SBS this fall: Lee Yubi (Gu Family Book, Nice Guy) and Kim Young-kwang (Plus Nine Boys, Good Doctor) are reportedly being wooed to join the cast, with the usual “just considering maybe” caveats. They’re up for supporting roles, while Lee Jong-seok and Park Shin-hye are still considering the leads.

Lee Yubi and Kim Young-kwang haven’t been paired in a drama yet, but they’ve done CFs together (that’s where the picture comes from), which is the same case for Lee Jong-seok and Park Shin-hye. But the boys did the movie Hot Blooded Youth together, where Lee Jong-seok played a wimpy ladies’ man and Kim Young-kwang played a gangster who was jealous of him, and the girls play rivals in the historical film Tailor due out sometime this year.

Some of the stories still mention Kim Woo-bin as a casting possibility in addition to these guys, though the last I heard, he’d already moved on. If it’s still a remote possibility, then we’d have a reunionpalooza on our hands, from Heirs, School 2013, White Christmas, and Vampire Idol. Apparently, all roads in the universe lead to Kim Woo-bin.

The new drama comes from writer Park Hye-ryun and PD Jo Soo-won of I Hear Your Voice, and will star a group of twentysomethings who work day and night behind the city news desk as eager young reporters in search of the truth. Lee Yubi is up for the role of an idol sasaeng fan who becomes a reporter. I suppose stalking skills could come in handy for that job? And Kim Young-kwang is up to play a second-generation chaebol who dreams of becoming a reporter.

They’re considering the offers for now — Lee Yubi is currently shooting her movie Twenty with Kim Woo-bin (of course), and Kim Young-kwang’s new tvN drama Plus Nine Boys just barely premiered last week, so it might be a while before the cast gets locked down.

Pinocchio follows She’s So Lovable (after It’s Okay, It’s Love) in November.

Via MBN

source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/09/pinocchio-courts-lee-yubi-and-kim-young-kwang-to-play-reporters/

• Like 1

Can the thread started update the page with this link? Viki has the subbing license for the Americas. It's still a fair way away so we don't plan on doing anything just yet. We have issues with The Three Musketeers anyway today, our QCs who are all Kor Eng subbers just lost all access to sub the episode. Luckily we already have license for the US.
http://www.viki.com/tv/23066c-pinocchio?q=pinocchio

I am dying to find out who are the 2nd leads and the male leads.