Is it Okay For Men to Use Foundation?

Guest iamthewildturtle

Guest I_play_with_dolls

Why wouldn't it be? It's body autonomy, you do whatever you want. Everyone wants to be aesthetically pleasing, do whatever you want to feel like to like your appearance.

I use standard skincare products cleanser exfoliater toner moisturizer and what not. Every now and then I'd do a mask and just lie down and chill to music. So Imo guys should be able to use whatever skincare products he desires.

As for makeup I'd say every now and then for something special. And depending on what you do make sure you have plenty of time for makeup. Believe me I'm a guy and if you're not familiar with it makeup can take a very long time.

So for me I recently started cosplaying and went pretty much all out with the makeup well excluding blush, lipstick, false eyelashes etc... If you're just trying to hide flaws or enhance your look I think using foundation and concealer is just fine. He'll I encourage it and see if your friends notice. However for eye makeup I don't think it's necessary unless you plan on wearing a costume to a party or what not. Eye makeup takes a really long time to get just right well for me it did anyways.

So basically for foundation and concealer I'd say go ahead and try it but no to eye makeup unless it's a very special occasion. And practice cause you'll need it.

Guest kaboom

I think guys should be able to use whichever skincare and makeup they want to. However society has brainwashed us into making judgments on those who put more noticeable effort into their appearance (ie. gay) but if you don't give a F then who cares, do whatever you want. With skincare products, I believe guys should have a similar regimen as girls because they have skin problems too. If you don't want people judging you but you still want to enhance your looks I would stick with a tinted moisturizer and chapstick.

• 2 weeks later...

Do what you want.
When I was in Korea, they marketed a lot of skincare & cosmetic products for men. They had their own lines of BB cream, concealers, liners, lipsticks ect.And I also saw a lot of guys buying / using the products marketed for women.

Your body, Your image, Your choice. If you want to wear cosmetics, for whatever reason, do so.

Guest hhelibebc

You can use whatever you want, especially skin care wise! With foundation, don't go too cakey (this is for girls and boys!) otherwise, all good. You don't need full coverage porcelain perfect skin for day to day wear anyway. :) If you only have certain sections that need covering, it might be better to go with concealer on those spots. I think it's more comfortable. And sunscreen as often as possible!

Guest juchocho

I think it's alright as long as it doesn't go overboard.  I have some guy friends who use concealer sometimes to hide blemishes and bruises on their face.  But I guess going drag queen would be too much.  :)

Guest carissabrown

Well regularly men donot use the foundation, they use the foundation very rarely, they may use the foundation in any function or most of the men use to have foundation in weddings. If they use the foundation occasionally then it is ok otherwise they doesn't suits to have the foundation regularly. 

Short answer: Yeah, it's perfectly okay.

I don't believe that it's "wrong" for guys to wear make-up, I actually find it stupid that make-up is so heavily advertised for girls only when guys would have use of it as well. Also, social stigmas suck - there's nothing wrong with a bloke wearing make-up if you ask me! Just because you would take care of your appearance doesn't make you gay or anything, that's ridiculous. I don't see what's wrong with making yourself look a bit better, no matter your sex. I mean, make-up does wonders to uneven skin, acne blotches and other kinds of unwanted crap on your face. Also, using a bit of eyeliner can really bring out your eyes more.

Yeah, I'm a guy and I don't give a flying poop if someone thinks I'm weird for wearing make-up.

Do whatever you want. Of course, Korean society is way more open about this...but in the Western world, it's still very hush hush (despite more and more men targeted skincare and grooming lines coming out).

Skin care is to each their own, but with makeup for men, you always have to make sure that it looks natural and is not heavy.

Guest Katie LouiseC

Go for it! :D Why are women only allowed makeup? ;) Although if you're going to wear makeup and want to be taken seriously....practice first! Same rules to you girls as well! Panda eyes aren't pretty. 
For a day look, maybe try a BB or CC cream if you don't have problem skin though? If you don't need high coverage on a daily basis why not try something a bit more lightweight?
I have no problem with guys wearing natural makeup though! I definitely think most guys could do with a stricter skincare routine, they have just as many skin problems as us women do! 

Archived