Reports: Actor Robin Williams found dead in home

~ BunnyliciouS ~

10583935_10152582151605479_7355008180416

(RNN) - Actor and comedian Robin Williams has been found dead in his California home. (

He was 63 years old.

According to a press release issued by the Marin County, CA Sheriff's Office that his body was found on Aug. 11 at approximately 11:55 a.m.

The Sheriff's Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made.

Robin had been battling severe depression and in July had check himself into rehab to maintain sobriety. He had been sober, but he wanted to maintain that sobriety, CNN reports.

In a statement to CNN, Williams' wife said: " This morning I lost my husband and my best friend while the world lost one if its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings."

While his publicist wouldn't confirm that it was a suicide, they did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.” Nooooo!!!
I love his movies! Jumanji, Mrs Doubtfire, Birdcage.... I'll miss him. RIP. :(

http://www.kptv.com/story/26253307/reports-actor-robin-williams-found-dead-in-home?autostart=true

Guest motherducker

A lot of my favorite films as kid starred him, such a terrible loss :(

O' captain, my captain, RIP Robin Williams.

Guest fionahh

couldn't believe it when I heard it. It's so sad that he brought people so much laughter and happiness but he couldn't do the same for himself. Thank you Robin Williams, RIP. 

Guest HERMIT

I'm probably one of the few who were old enough to have enjoyed watching him as the alien Mork, first on Happy Days and then on his very own TV show. I always looked forward to watching Mork and Mindy as a kid. RIP

Depression is a curious thing. Boggles my mind. I tried to put myself in Mr. William's shoes and try to understand why he had to do it.
I've been through longterm depression. I probably still have it. Being tired of the world, have trouble waking up, etc. Granted, I grew up as a Christian and suicide never crossed my mind. I suppose I got through my struggles by changing my perspective.
Hook is one of my top 6 movies. Jumanji was great too. Patch Adams made me cry. Jack was funny. What Dreams May Come was scary since I saw it at a premature age.

Robin Williams will be missed. I didn't cry when I heard the news because I know that he wants people to be happy.

Once on the TV program “Inside the Actors Studio,” Robin Williams was asked, “If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?”

After a joke about a concert including Mozart and Elvis, he added, “to know that there’s laughter.”

http://pix11.com/2014/08/12/robin-williams-on-laughter-in-heaven/

In the end, I searched for the Ellen interview clip when he was joking about his back hair and Janet Jackson and smiled at his antics.

RIP

Depression is a curious thing. Boggles my mind. I tried to put myself in Mr. William's shoes and try to understand why he had to do it.

These articles provide good explanation

http://time.com/3103256/robin-williams-dead-jim-norton/

And

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5671898?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

Guest HERMIT

Amidst all the coverage on Robin Williams, I've come to realize that with some of his portrait pictures, I don't think I can look at him the same way again.
Of course, I'll always think fondly of him and how exuberantly funny and hyperactive as he was.  You know how with some people they just have those kind of eyes that are the windows to the soul?  In life, you could say that Robin Williams had those kind of expressive eyes that spoke of the joy behind his onstage and onscreen antics.  But in death, some of these portrait pictures of him on magazine covers and newspaper articles just seem to tell a different, tragic story.  Look at his eyes.  While still expressive, I can't help but think now that it is the innate pain and depression behind his gaze that belies the impish grin.  I just find it heartbreaking and somehow find myself missing his presence more - just as a human being, never mind the celebrity persona. It makes me wish that there was somehow more that could have been done to get him the kind of help and relief that he needed to get through his affliction.

Archived