My Kpopstar Season 4 Experience! (Seattle) -- post yours too?

faithisbored

Hey guys!My name's Faith - and just yesterday I auditioned for kpopstar in Seattle!Honestly, this audition was extremely exhausting - as I'm from Vancouver, and drove all the way there.Anyways here's my experience from the audition. :)
So my friend Kiran and I got to the Seattle Westin Hotel at around 9am?When we arrived, there was a little bit of a line up - and I ended up having to fill out an application there - so ... basically I had to wait for about 6 hours? I didn't audition until around 3ish, so my nerves were fried by the time I auditioned.
After we finished our application, we went into the conference room and they filmed us holding kpopstar fliers,and also throwing some paper air planes! (Although I didn't get one.!! T^T)Sam Kim was there too and sang! I actually got a photo with him! wohoo.
When it was my time to audition, I was already nervous as hell!!There were some rumors going around saying the room B judge was really harsh, and was rarely accepting anybody.... plus, 2 girls ahead of me had passed.... and .... that just added to my nerves.Anyways.When it was my time to audition, I walked in,waved and said 안녕하세요!! :>I came in and gave them my application, and then went and sat down, (I was playing guitar)They asked me to introduce myself in Korean -so I told them in korean안녕하세요!! 제 이름은Faith한국 이름은 준희입니다!! 저는 스무살이고 저는 캐나다 사람입니다!!절 뽑아주시면, 열심히 하겠습니다!.Basically - Hello! My name is Faith, my korean name is JunheeI'm 20 and I'm Canadian!If you pick me, I'll try my hardest.They then comments on my korean being good! lol.And then asked me to sing. :>
I sang Roar - by Katy perry , then I sang 그리워해요, by 2ne1.When I finished the judge first asked me questions about my application,and asked where I learned korean from -I told him I worked at a korean grocery store for a few years, and that's how LOL.He then continued in Korean,and said that my tone is really unique, and is allot different from typical "korean" girl voices...?And then went on saying that for the second audition he wanted me to put my ALL into the chorus of missing you,and I passed! wohoo.
After I passed, I got filmed and the staff and other contestants (that were waiting)all cheered,I was then brought into the other room and was filmed "practicing"then I was brought outside of the building for an interview.They asked my questions about my life, and why i wanted to be a singer...and then I had to wait until 4pm. . .The auditions were supposed to start at 5pm - but didn't start until 6pm,so all of the finalists just chilled in a different room and practiced/conversed among one another.
Honestly, I wish I had been in A - lol.Team A had around 13 people that passed?Whereas team B had only 5.
The second audition came,and I waited outside of the conference room that we had waited originally,but this time it had been changed so we could use the stage.When I went up, I had 2 mics - 1 for my guitar, 1 for my voicethere were 4 people at a table , 1 was my judge, and his translator.I went up, introduced myself - and I was so nervous I was forgetting how to speak korean! lol.So I told them I couldn't speak Korean anymore, and they laughed, lol.Anyways.I performed Missing you - changed the chorus and made it way more powerful,the judge seemed satisfied with my redition. :))Second song was a song I made -it gave more power into my voice, and showed my tone more - so I thought it would be good.By the end, my judge gave me a thumbs up and then I left. LOL.Basically I wont know if I passed for another week or two,but lets hope I do!!Overall it was an amazing experience!! And I wont regret it! lol.>_<

Archived