How does sleep affect my double eyelids?

Guest JakeZ

Guest JakeZ

K so I just wanted some help :) I have one monolid and one double but throughout my 14 years of life I have gone through double and single eyelid phases but this half half phase has lasted a very long time. But sometimes some days I have two doubles but I've never had two monolid days. I've noticed that sleep affects it but I can't remember if I needed to sleep more or less...and does how I wash my face in the mornings affect them? All help appreciated :)

Personally speaking, I notice a difference in my eyelids when it comes to puffiness: if I consumed a lot of salt the day before and/or drank water too close to bedtime, my eye area (well, my face in general!) is puffy in the mornings, making my eyelids less visible (I have hooded eyes) and uneven. If you get puffy eyes, apply a cold compress. Also, dryness around my eyes can make my eyes look uneven for some reason. 
I heard that sleeping with your face against a pillow can affect how eyes look the next day, too. 

Archived