Deleted

tamaraleee

Hi everyone thanks for all your replies.
I read through all of them and they were useful and much less critical of me than I thought I deserved. I've actually been beating myself up about this a little bit.
I'll think things over and won't act, and let time take it's course I guess :)

If you were able to fall for him what makes you think it couldn't happen to him aswell. I think he likes you too but if he really really liked you then he would break up with his gf. Maybe he is waiting to find out if you like him before he does that? Alot of ppl do that.

Also 6 yrs in a relationship doesnt mean it has been a great one. No ones knows what a couples relationship is really like except for the couple. Ive seen so many friends drag on relationships which should have ended yrs earlier. Im talking about 8,9,10 yr relationships too.

Guest Keion

If I were you, I would just go after him, and he will probably go after you.

No sense in being afraid of the repercussions. There are none. One relationship dies, and another one is born. It's the same cycle of regeneration you see in literally everything that exists or has once existed.

No regrets, just go, and whether or not it fails or succeeds is irrelevant.

It will take courage though. It will be much easier to just lay dormant, like most have done their entire lives.

Guest phalken

Which relationships you want to pursue is entirely up to you, so I don't really have input in that aspect.
Just keep in mind that married women are generally more likely to divorce to pursue another married man, only to have the man balk and stay married. It says something about man and woman emotional cheating-- women are more likely to blindly pursue, men are more likely to play around but ultimately stay with their original partner. So take @Keion 's advice with a heavy grain to salt, and figure out how serious your friend is (basically if he's definitely willing to break up with his gf) before throwing away your current relationship.
Is the situation morally sound? No. But at the end the day moral judgement means a lot less than how happy you are.

Guest Affection

Your title already says it. HE HAS A GF.

It's only normal to have feelings for someone but you're taking this a step too far ahead letting your feelings take you over. You don't need to fret about this... and even though he has all these traits and things to swoop you off your feet, it's only for the time being. And him texting more "privately" is the right thing to do. He's caring for his gf. he KNOWS WHAT IS UP. He knows there is probably subconscious feelings and he's taking a smart step to stay away from cheating on his gf.

You should do the same. Seriously i understand how you feel when you feel that spark or rush you get when you're with someone that knows about you and the days you guys spend together. But your long distance relationship bf is still there.... and so is his gf...

And if you feel awkwardness, it's only right. Look at the circumstances again. You both are taken and this should just stay as friends seriously. Because if you were his gf, and some b3tch came and took him away, how the hell would you feel? And OP, find some other guy... this guy is just one of many and he's probably the only good friend you can have... MAYBE JUST MAYBE if crap does hit the fan for him and you BREAK UP with your long distance bf, you guys should go for it. If not, This is seriously not something you should care about. Care more about fixing your own bf problems first before you homewreck anothers love.

And if you're also keeping a lid on this, you would see and understand his actions rather than come here and post up about what you should do. Because again so what if it's awkward? what do you want to hang out with him normally again? that will happen. YOU just think it's awkward and you just noticed him texting more in private after that night happened.

I'd say this is more of a problem if he chooses to never see you anymore. This is really nothing...

Guest atarie

Yeah you don't want to be the other woman. Once a cheater always a cheater. What makes you think you'd be safe with him if he did break up with her and then go for you. It's best to keep your distance. It's not love... it's lust.

Guest Keion

If it arises in the human mind, then it's created by men. Can't this be observed?

Morals are like crutches for the ignorant, who go about blindly, and need something to cling to, so they don't go causing chaos. As they develop their own real intelligence, those crutches are not needed anymore.

A person of real intelligence, who is without morals, still wouldn't do those excessive things you mentioned, because a person of real intelligence is constantly connected with their inner self, and understands the truth of existence.

Killing and making other lives miserable, intentionally, is just stupid, and is only characteristic of a wounded person, not an immoral person.

Archived