[Movie 2016] Time Renegades 시간이탈자

Go Seung Ji

Time Renegades

Director

Kwak Jae Young

(Wearing Flower Shoes, Cyborg She, Windstruck, My Mighty Princess)

Screenplay

Ko Jung Woon

Producer

CJ Entertainment | Sang Sang Film

Production

(South Korea) A CJ Entertainment (in South Korea)/CJ Entertainment USA (in U.S.) release of a CJ Entertainment, Sang Sang Film production. (International sales: CJ Entertainment, Seoul.) Produced by Bang Ok-kyung. Executive producer, Jeong Tae-sung. Co-producers, Ahn Sang Hoon, Lee Jin-eun. Co-executive producer, Michelle Kwon.

Crew

Directed by Kwak Jae-yong. Screenplay, Ko Jeong-un, Lee Sang-hyun. Camera (color, widescreen, HD), Lee Sung-jae; editor, Shin Min-kyung; music, Kim Jin-sung; production designer, Lee Yo-han; costume designer, Jang ju-hee; sound (Dolby), Han Chul-hee; visual effects supervisor, Baek Sang-hoon; visual effects, Plux Magnon Studio.

Released Date: April 13 2016

Cast of Characters

Im Soo-jung as Yoon-jung(1983) / So-eun (2015)
Jo Jung-suk as Ji-hwan
Lee Jin-wook as Gun-woo
Jung Jin-young as Chief Kang
Jeong Woong-in as Kang Hyeong-cheol
Lee Ki-woo as Detective Lee
On Joo-wan as Teacher Park
Kwak Dong-yeon
Lee Min-ho as Kang Seung-beom

Synopsis

1983: Ji-Hwan (Cho Jung-Seok) is a music teacher and he is soon to wed his girlfriend Yoon-Jung (Lim Soo-Jung). Yoon-Jung becomes involved in a case and Ji-Hwan attempts to protect her.

2015: Detective Gun-Woo (Lee Jin-Wook) and Ji-Hwan happen to see their daily lives through their dreams. Gun-Woo learns about a case that took place in the past from Ji-Hwan. Gun-Woo also meets So-Eun (Lim Soo-Jung) and, together, they go after the case that took place in the past.  (Asianwiki)

A man from the past and a man from the present struggle for the destiny of one woman. (Hancinema)

A high school teacher in 1983 and a detective in 2015 joined forces through their dreams to change the perilous fate of the woman they both love - 30 years apart (KOBIZ)

Production Notes

Filming began October 1, 2014 and finished February 1, 2015 in Jongno, Seoul, Korea. The last scene filmed is set in the present day and involves the first time Gun-Woo (Lee Jin-Wook) sees So-Eun (Lim Soo-Jung). They meet during a New Year's Eve celebration. About 200 extras gathered for that scene.
Kwak Dong-Yeon was originally cast to play Kang Seung-Bum, but dropped out of the project and replaced by Lee Min-Ho.

MY SASSY GIRL Writer Delivers Slick Crime Thriller TIME RENEGADE

Korean industry veteran Kwak Jae-young - still best known as the writer of My Sassy Girl, though his resume runs far deeper than that - returns to Korean screens later this year as writer-director of Time Renegade, and it appears that he'll be delivering a slick crime thriller with his latest.

The story line here spans two time periods, a 1983 set story revolving around a music teacher and his fiance and a current day piece in which that music teacher pairs with a detective to solve the events of the past. Given that it's Kwak it's safe to expect a healthy dose of melodrama here but, hey, that's pretty much what makes Korean cinema what it is.

Box Office | Reception

The film was number-one on its opening weekend in South Korea with US$2.5 million and a total of 547,000 admissions and US$3.94 million on its first five days (Variety)

“My Sassy Girl” director Kwak Jae-yong’s first Korean-language film in 8 years, local thriller “Time Renegades” debuted on top of the Korean box office. The CJ Entertainment release scored $3.94 million from 547,000 admissions between Wednesday and Sunday.

Interview Translations by Dramabeans

Im Soo-jung on playing two characters in Time Renegade

Im was effusive about Jo Jung-seok and Lee Jin-wook. “Both actors I met this time were great. They’re both such good people; cheerful but serious, too. They had good on-set manners, took care of the staff, and were good at acting to boot.”

Jo Jung-seok jokes his way through interviews for Time Renegade

There were a couple of things that drew him to this film. It was his first time working with director Kwak Jae-yong (My Sassy Girl, The Classic). “In all honesty, I’ve been a fan since I was a little kid… After working with him, I’m in awe of director Kwak’s emotional intelligence. I think that emotional quotient is embedded in the film.”

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Can't wait for this film!!! I just know JJS will nail this role!kkk
Anyway, here is the updated cast list:

Cast

updating the articles!kkk
itemprop="name" class="entry-title" style="margin: 17px 0px 7px; font-family: 'Roboto Condensed', sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 40px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 34px; word-wrap: break-word;"Lee Jin Wook confirmed for ‘Time Renegade’ movie

• MoviesAug 28, 20147746880-257703.jpgLee Jin Wook

Actor Lee Jin Wook has been confirmed for upcoming South Korean movie ‘Time Renegade‘ (director: Kwak Jae Young), where he will take on the role of a cop for the first time.

Director Kwak Jae Young previously directed hit movies like ‘The Classic’ and ‘My Sassy Girl’, and ‘Time Renegade’ will tell the story of a man from the past (1983) and a man from the present (2015) who seek to change a woman’s destiny that’s entangled with a murder case.

Lee Jin Wook will take on the role of Kim Gun Woo in the present day, who is described as someone who is sentimental and possesses meticulous observational ability. Kim Gun Woo has to rely on his ability to gradually uncover and piece together the mysteries from the past and present, and uncover the truth. Besides Lee Jin Wook, others confirmed for the movie include Lim Soo Jung, Cho Jung Seok, and Kwak Dong Yeon. Filming is expected to begin in September, and the movie is scheduled for release in 2015.

Meanwhile, Lee Jin Wook is currently starring in tvN drama ‘The Three Musketeers’, where he takes on the role of Crown Prince So Hyeon, who is calm and gentle, and the leader of the Three Musketeers.

By: Choi In Hee
    Copyright@KpopFighting.com

cr:http://kpopfighting.com/2014/08/28/lee-jin-wook-confirmed-for-time-renegade-movie/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lee Min-ho-I to star in "Time Renegade"

photo557112.jpg

Actor Lee Min-ho-I is starring in Gwak Jae-yong's "Time Renegade".

The role Lee Min-ho-I is playing is of a student who gets involved with a case with his music teacher Ji-hwan (Jo Jeong-seok) in the year 1983. He'll be playing a high school student.

Currently, Lee Min-ho-I is analyzing his character and asking for advice from the director and seniors to perfectly understand his role.

"Time Renegade" is about two men from the years 1983 and 2015 who can see each other's lives through their dreams and cooperate to change the fate of a woman they have in common. The movie stars Im Soo-jeongJo Jeong-seokLee Jin-wook and more.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

Note

1. Kwak Dong-Yeon was originally cast to play Kang Seung-Bum, but dropped out of the project and replaced by Lee Min-Ho.

• 1 year later...

March 3, 2016

‘Time Renegades’ premieres in April

(CJ Entertainment)

“Time Renegades” is set to open in theaters in April, its distributor CJ Entertainment confirmed Thursday.

Starring actress Im Soo-jung and actors Lee Jin-uk and Cho Jung-seok, it tells the story of the desperate struggles of actors living in different periods.

(CJ Entertainment)

Cho took the role of Ji-hwan who in 1983 will tie the knot with Yoon-jung, played by Im. Meanwhile, Lee portrays Gun-woo, a detective who lives in 2015.

The two men witness the death of their lover, Yoon-jung, in their dreams, and try to prevent her from dying.

Director Kwak Jae-yong previously directed the iconic Korean comedy “My Sassy Girl” (2001), as well as “The Classic” (2003) and “Windstruck.” (2004)

By Kim Soo-hyang (shkim@heraldcorp.com)

• 3 weeks later...

March 25, 2016

American magazine anticipates success of Korean film ‘Time Renegade’

(CJ Entertainment)

Variety Magazine, a weekly American entertainment trade magazine, described upcoming Korean film “Time Renegade” as one of the most anticipated movies of the year, in an article published on March 13. 

(CJ Entertainment)

The film involves time traveling. Actress Im Soo-jung, actor Jo Jung-suk and actor Lee Jin-uk play characters existing in different time periods. 

(CJ Entertainment)

The article in the American magazine expects the film to be a success because of its director, Kwak Jae-yong, who was also behind the hit romantic comedy “My Sassy Girl” (2001). 

“Time Renegade” will be in theaters nationwide from April 13. 

By Jung Min-kyung (mkj1105@heraldcorp.com)

Archived