How do you wash your greens?

Guest lolaleatherwhip

Guest lolaleatherwhip

I seem to have some sort of talent when it comes to eating salads, broccoli, spinach, or hotpot with anything green in the sense that I always spot out caterpillars, bugs, and cocoons either floating around in the soups or stuck in between the tightest crevices - especially broccoli. Because of that, when I wash greens, I wash each individual leaf and check every crevice even if it takes me 2 hours, and then rinse it again. 
But now for time's sake, I want to know what's the most efficient and cleanest way of washing greens, and how do you guys normally wash it?
My mum and sister normally fills the sink with water, leave the greens in there for like 10 minutes while sprinkling salt, then rinses it out twice but deep down inside I'm screaming with the urge or washing it individually.

I wash each individual leaf as well too, I only cut them in halves if necessary after it's done cooking, because a lot of the times it shrinks anyways and I prefer it longer [but not too long]. Since I live alone, my vegetable servings are too big so it wouldn't take me too long to wash them, perhaps 5-10mins. Most of the time I pick out the cleaner ones when I buy them anyways and the dirt comes off really easily when washing.

Archived