Got Scouted by an Entertainment Company, don't know too much about audition stuff. Tips?

Guest justanaverageguy

Guest justanaverageguy

Hi everyone. So keeping myself anonymous for now. 
This summer(aka right now in korea) I had a unique opportunity and at that event, I was scouted by two companies: CCM and CUBE. They didn't immediately take me in or anything but they were happy with me visually(my 의모, im korean btw), dance, and wanted me to come in and talk/ hear me vocally. I normally dont sing but I've had a decent interest in rap so if anything I was more familiar with that. Dancing, I started only 6 months ago but got into popping and hip hop choreo which fit me personally.
Before, I never thought much about this since, how would I even get in? 
Stuff happens I meet up with CCM and somehow I get in and am offered to be a trainee. I told them that I would think about it with parents and message them back. I have a friend who was a trainee and after hearing some advice/self research, I heard many bad rumors and scandals at CCM with mismanagement ect. They wanted a 5 year contract which time wise I was okay with but wanted it to be with a good one so i refused. (edit. not 5 year contract, said id need around 5 years of training)
All this 맨붕 right now getting scouted by places and even getting in made me think, what if I can do it?
So I want to audition other places and see how it turns out. So questions.
A lot of places ask for 10min max 50mb file with pictures vocal dance video ect. I do not think they would watch the entire video so I have the song that I used for the last audition that I am planning on doing. I wanted to do a hiphop choreo that I learned at a workshop but its only 30seconds so I was thinking that i would add another choreo piece and freestyle in the intro to show them that I know hiphop freestyle. Would it be okay to do a korean song like 으르렁(growl) showing experience in Kpop dance as well or would I end up compared to actual EXO lowering value of it. What else can you put in the video and how should it be. 
ANY information about ANY companies that I should try is welcome.
My list right now is: CUBE (private audition soon), TOP Media, TS Ent., Starship, Bighit, Pledis. 
I know i didnt really explain as in depth so if there is any questions for me about myself and my experience so far message me or reply ^^I know a good amount now knowing people in the industry from trainees to idols and managers ect. Alot of people here have the WRONG information. Yeah you waste hours researching things posted by whom? the same people. One guys says fact a, next person sees it and thinks oh okay tells others fact a. person 3 sees repeated info spreads it, WRONG, could be true though but check credibility... so if you have any questions ask away, ill do my best or ask others haha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sugarbutt

Well first, congrats of getting scouted :D one in a billion lucky guy. I'd wish I was you haha

I'm not a pro since I'm new here etc. but I'll try to help out.

For songs - I was learned that it's best to sing something you can express out of. I don't know much about exo, but when you see them sing (or other singers), they put a lot of effort such as face expression and their body movement, like they give out their all. So if you think you can express this while singing, then you should use this song. (but just in case have a back-up song of course) .

same goes for dancing - show all that movement and give it your all.

I also have a question to ask you since you're experienced. But I'll probably ask once you get this reply !

Guest justanaverageguy

sugarbutt said:

Well first, congrats of getting scouted :D one in a billion lucky guy. I'd wish I was you haha

I'm not a pro since I'm new here etc. but I'll try to help out.

For songs - I was learned that it's best to sing something you can express out of. I don't know much about exo, but when you see them sing (or other singers), they put a lot of effort such as face expression and their body movement, like they give out their all. So if you think you can express this while singing, then you should use this song. (but just in case have a back-up song of course) .

same goes for dancing - show all that movement and give it your all.

I also have a question to ask you since you're experienced. But I'll probably ask once you get this reply !

• 1 month later...
Guest pisceanreve

Congrats~! Keep us updated! Cube and TS are at the top of my list! ^^ Never SM...also heard harsh things about Pledis? Starship is nice, but they're crazy obsessive about dieting apparently :/

Archived