Help With Girls? I Want Honest Help Haha

Rip Tide

So I'm at this place for 3 weeks. It's already been 1 week and tomorrow is Tuesday. It's Summer@Brown for those of you who want to know. It's like a 90% acceptance rate so you don't have to think it's prestigious haha. There are also a lot of international students! Anyways the problem I have is talking to girls! There are a bunch of hot asian girls that I just can't seem to talk to. I'm literally having trouble with the first step! I can't get myself to talk. However, even if I get to talk to one, what do I say? I can talk and ask about where they're from, but how do I get their number and keep into contact. I think I actually want to make friends with some first! Any advice helps! It's a little boring over here haha. Thanks! I'm 16 by the way.

EDIT (7/23/14): So apparently now I'm focusing on one girl.... I don't know her and she, of course, doesn't know me. I've seen her 5 times in total... I miss her and to be honest I think I had 1 real chance to talk to her. In the other times, I was with friends or she was with her friends or something like that.... Anyways, can you guys give me the courage to talk to her? I really want to know her..

Guest moonshinechance

Hey so are these hot girls international students? If so is their English good and do they speak it among themselves? Otherwise if you don't speak their native language it might be difficult for you to become friends with them if they have to change language when talking to you.

If they're locals then yeah just be normal and be yourself. If you try too hard they will feel it and think you're being awkward. Are you neat and well presented? Also if there's any group of guys they're friends with try to be friends with them first.

Honestly you can't really force friendship. If you guys are meant to be friends it will happen naturally, if not you are young and plenty of chances down the line.

I have no idea if they're international or not, but there are hot girls from everywhere including the States.. I saw this cute asian girl 3 times....She was in a yellow shirt with a bear on the front....I miss her... I SAW HER 3 TIMES TODAY.... I had a chance the second time I saw her.... because I was alone and she was too.... I think she was always on her phone...anyways... Yeah these girls are from everywhere and I'm stuck at hello... I keep thinking about that girl.... I miss her...

Thank you Lie! When I say she was on her phone I mean she wasn't talking to anyone. She was just looking at an app or something! Wow....She looked really cute, innocent, and nice....She had hair to shoulder length, but it was hot..... I think she lives in my building...I never see her walk out and only once in... Been here for like..8 days.... got 13 more to go.... Staying here for 3 weeks... I only think about her too...and there are tons of girls here...

Also, how do I make friendships with girls? Every single one I see, I think of hoping for them to be my girlfriend...but instead I just want friends who are girls now... and maybe then I can work my way up! Any more advice....Next time I won't be so shy.. I also had a sore throat today... *excuses*

For starts, go when she's by herself, it's easiest. If you've already fixated on one, then just see if you can find a time when she's alone. but don't stalk her, or you'll psych yourself out when you finally get the chance.

here's something you should know, if she's on her phone, she's actually really bored... go help her out. we all think a girl is "busy" on the phone, but omg is that really true if you think about it??

Lie's firstliners are good :), but now that it's been a week, you can always say- "Hey I've seen you around, ***ask question about her".

last thing- don't wait any longer!!! go for it ;)

lol ^^^ I want to see her again....The next time I see her... I'll make sure to talk to her... I'm not gonna make any excuses...I hope there's a next time...
So can I just walk up and talk to any girl that's alone..? One time she was with a group and groups are a little harder to talk to.

Guest zulmme.

Rip Tide said: lol ^^^ I want to see her again....The next time I see her... I'll make sure to talk to her... I'm not gonna make any excuses...I hope there's a next time...
So can I just walk up and talk to any girl that's alone..?

It might help if you aren't thinking "wow she's so hot" the entire time-especially if you want to be friends at first. Personally, I don't give my number to people until I've talked to them a few times. When I was in high school I was a little shy and so it was always easier to talk to someone if we had something in common. For example, if we had the same teacher for math it was easier to talk because I could just say "Hi, aren't you in my AP Calc AB class with Mr. So and So? Do you like the class?" and then from there ask about what other classes they are taking. If we happen to have multiple classes together then it made the "connection" much stronger. Then, in college it was always the same things people always asked one another: 1. Name 2. Where someone is from 3. Their major 4. (optional) what dorm they live in. It was always the same 3-4 things. 
Here is one thing I want to add about the phone thing. If I'm on my phone (even just playing games), it's because I don't want to talk to anyone around me. Now, some people are different and are only on the phone because they are bored. In which case, they may not mind conversing. My advice, try to talk to her and if she gives short answers without asking "how about you?" then it means she's not interested. 

I think she was looking on her phone because it's better than looking at the sky. Anyways... I don't know how to find her... If I knew that was the last time I saw her I would've ran after her..... I hope i see her again....  She's a beauty.... but it's not like I see anyone go after her.... She's right around my height.. I miss her so much... By the way, can I ask for her number? I really want to stay in touch with her.... When can I ask for someone's number? After we've talked for 10 minutes? Or when one of us needs to go? I don't want to look desperate even though I might be for her and only her.

Usually people are on the phone these days because they have nothing to do. Of course there are exceptions like the poster above. I find it easier to approach people that are on their phones honestly, I take it as a sign of they don't have someone to talk to -> I'll be that person ;D.

And like the others have said, if someone wants to talk to you, it doesn't matter what you say unless it's horribly cheesy/stupid. Don't overthink it, if you're in the same class, just talk/ask about the class and go from there. I wouldn't do a pick up line on someone I never met before though, a lot of people (including me) are turned off by it.

Most people are always open to making new friends, some really want to make friends and are afraid to take the initiative. So it'll be pretty rare to start talking to someone that does not want to be your friend, at least from my experience.

I wish I would've known that it was ok to talk to her....I would've grabbed that chance and even if she would've rejected me I wouldn't have regret it.... My life feels hollow without her... I just want one chance....

Guest redhill

Rip Tide said: I think she was looking on her phone because it's better than looking at the sky. Anyways... I don't know how to find her... If I knew that was the last time I saw her I would've ran after her..... I hope i see her again....  She's a beauty.... but it's not like I see anyone go after her.... She's right around my height.. I miss her so much... By the way, can I ask for her number? I really want to stay in touch with her.... When can I ask for someone's number? After we've talked for 10 minutes? Or when one of us needs to go? I don't want to look desperate even though I might be for her and only her.

Guess what...!!!! I SAW HER AGAIN....BUT....I DIDN'T TALK TO HER.... this is because I was rushing to my dorm... I have an online Chinese class at 7:00 and I was rushing from dinner and it was 6:40... I needed to study chinese before my class because I missed the last week... So I had to choose between urgent studying and her....

Anyways I saw her as I was rushing into the building of my dorm... I needed to set up my computer and mic for my class.... I came in the building and she went out with one of her friends...
I kept staring at her eyes... but all she did was hold the door for a bit ( I don't know if it was for her friend or me)...
I miss her... God...please give me a real chance...
I miss her and I wish I had time... Earlier today I said I wouldn't make excuses... I didn't know this situation would've happened....

ahhh you got this dude, you're psyching yourself out, try to calm down about it. I can see how frustrating it is though. TBH, last night was a perfect chance. just introduce yourself, and you had a legitimate excuse to leave so you can "escape", but not before getting her number of course. You should get it the first time you talk to her, like when you're about to leave. don't drag that one on.

I saw her for the 6th time... I think she was speaking chinese with her friends... I don't even know how short or tall she is...She was like 4 feet away from me...
Everything just blurs when I see her.... and hurts when I don't see her.....

I saw her for the 6th time... I think she was speaking chinese with her friends... I don't even know how short or tall she is...She was like 4 feet away from me...

Everything just blurs when I see her.... and hurts when I don't see her.....

i would suggest getting her name and slowly talk on fb. it works great if you can flirt around online. but dude your leaving in a week or two. forget her and enjoy your time

Ummmm...... I saw her for the 7th time... I think she's just my height... She was speaking chinese into her phone and she has a really cute voice...
She was wearing an orange plaid shirt and shorts... She was looking at her phone at one moment, and in the next she was talking into it and running away.... She was so cute oh my god... There were people around and I don't know how to approach her.... What do I say.... Wow... 7 times... I'll never forget about her.

Archived