Homemade beauty recipes / Natural tips

Guest koreankimchi123

Guest koreankimchi123

Do you know some homemade beauty recipes and natural tips?

I have an oily skin that need to be soflty treated.

My friend with oily skin uses jojoba oil to cleanse off makeup. Rub in jojoba oil, then wash off with plain water. For a sleeping mask, she uses pure vitamin E oil. 
Sometimes skin becomes oily because it is actually extremely dehydrated (such as from using alcohol based products) so it pumps out more oil to compensate. 

Hm, well a natural skincare brand I would check out is Lush. I went there for the first time and got some amazing things that was recommended for my skin type (combo skin).
For oily skin though I wouldn't use anything with alcohol in it. I think Lush has a toner with tea tree in it for oily skin.
Also, I love coconut oil as a moisturizer <3

Guest koreankimchi123

Thanks girls, it's really helpful!

I wanna make homemade sheet masks to moisturize my skin.
Do you know some recipes?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cristinalife

@koreankimchi123

There are many tips on the internet .. but better, to acquire products proven by the people, thereby will be given good results.
This is what I do
:)

Guest sydsunshine

Every morning when I wake up, I use yogurt and honey on my face. The yogurt tightens my face and the honey softens it. I like the mask dry while i eat my breakfast. 

Guest jolive213

All who are using honey .... try it with turmeric.... make a mixture and apply as mask... wash after 20 minutes... it will give you acne free and healthy skin...

Guest bajgajka

Aloe vera gel helped me with my oily skin too. I used to have a lot of problems with acne and oily skin as a teenager. Thanks God, I don't have them anymore. I hope this will help you too :)

Guest jolive213

bajgajka said: Aloe vera gel helped me with my oily skin too. I used to have a lot of problems with acne and oily skin as a teenager. Thanks God, I don't have them anymore. I hope this will help you too :)

Guest carissabrown

You can use following home remedies foe oily skin:Use Egg Whites, Yogurt, Lemon Juice,  Tomatoes, Apples, Cucumbers.

Guest hhelibebc

Not sure if anyone's suggested it, but calamine lotion is quite good for getting rid of excess oil. :) it usually contains some mildly drying ingredients like zinc oxide, so it absorbs quite well. I find I prefer this to using clay masks, as those are often a bit harsh. Calamine lotion is pretty natural and mild so you could use it more often too, plus it's used for soothing wounds/bites, so that usually feels nice anywhere you might have acne. :)

• 2 weeks later...

each hair follicle on your skin (regardless if there is a hair there or not) has a sebaceous gland. This gland produces sebum which is used to lubricate the skin, and when the opening gets clogged up, sebum is produced in its natural and on-going rate, however unable to escape, builds up and erupts.
As someone who had the integumentary system part of formal studies, I do not understand how people can really apply anything viscus on their skin and expect acne to go away.
if anything, wouldn't lotions and such, not clear the clog, but actually layer over it? this is probably the reason why out of my friends, only the women have acne problems due to prolonged make up application, and the fact that the guys will often do things to sweat which keeps things pushing out of these openings in the skin and constantly washing the skin due to "getting dirty being active" when in reality being seditary with a layer of make up covering your skin is the most detrimental for your skin. 
wash your face with plain water, in short bursts so that u do not cause inflammation, maybe 5 - 6 times/ day spread out, use VERY little plain soap as the lie in the soap will bind to the sebum molecules and possibly to whatever is causing the clogged skin and wash it away. theoretically speaking this would be the most medically sound solution without doing anything unnecessarily drastic. unfortunately for women, having make up on does not allow for the consistant washing of the face. it is indeed a paradox.

Archived